Questions:Rainforest Cafe @ AK and Q&C Meal Vouchers

figment27

Mouseketeer
Hi
I know this has been addressed in the past, but I don't know if it has been recently, and I could not find it using a search.
I read on these boards a couple of years ago that one could order the "Surf&Turf" aka steak and lobster tails when using the Kingdom Lunch Vouchers even though it was not listed on the menu.
Is this still true?
Thanks.

I don't know about now, but last december it was. DH and I ordered the steak (it was fab) and the coconut shrimp to go with it. The wait staff was great and really helped us get our moneys worth.

-Kim

In May we got the surf & turf at Rainforest AK using the vacation kingdom vouchers. It was not on the menu and we didn't even ask about it because we didn't know about it. But our waiter asked us when we ordered our lobster off the menu, if we wanted the surf & turf or just lobster.

Just ask for it, I am sure they have it although it isn't listed.
Enjoy lots of food!!!

Rain Forest Cafe at Animal Kingdom accepts VKL vacation kingdom lunch vouchers ($31.00 at Hotwire Savings club) for both lunch and dinner hours.
Quick & Casual vouchers ($11.50 at Hotwire savings club) are usually for Counter Service.
Pegged to top of budget board is a big thread on vouchers.

We just ate there on Monday, my husband got the surf and turf and my daughter and I got the stuffed lobster. We had the child's voucher for her and they said she can order off the adult menu. They also suggested getting the icees in the plastic cups or any of the smoothies. The staff was great about it. We had 3 vouchers so we got one of the appetizer samplers using 2 of the vouchers and then got the chicken strips using the 3rd voucher and they brought that out with our dinners for my son to eat.

Thanks for the replies.
Would you order this again if you returned to RFC?
Is the lobster prepared the same for the "surf and turf" as it is for the stuffed lobster tails?
Do you get one or two lobster tails with the "surf and turf"?
As I live in MA, and often travel to Maine to enjoy fresh lobster, I want to make sure this is good before ordering?
Thanks for any feedback.

I think the surf and turf came with 1/2 a lobster - so 1 claw and 1/2 tail. It was stuffed with a crabmeat stuffing that none of us cared for. I prefer a Ritz stuffing. Honestly, being from CT and enjoying Maine lobster - I wasn't impressed. It was ME lobster, but it didn't have much taste to me. It could just have been a bad batch of lobster I guess. They also serve it with a butter dip (?) not just melted butter, which we prefer.

Quick question for those who have used the vouchers at RFC.

Do you make a regular PS for the restaurant through wdw dine?

When you arrive at the restaurant, do you inform your server that you will be using the vouchers before you order? Are most of them familiar with them? This will be our first time using vouchers and I'm a bit unsure of the procedure. Thanks for any help :D .

Originally posted by momof2cuties
I wasn't impressed. It was ME lobster, but it didn't have much taste to me. It could just have been a bad batch of lobster I guess. They also serve it with a butter dip (?) not just melted butter, which we prefer.

Make a normal PS or

If you have the safari club, tell the hostess and you get seated fast( supposedly, I did both and , we still waited in a short line as if we had anormal ps but it wasn't busy when we went)Once you are seated, Just tell your server you will be using the voucher and they will take care of it..our server at lunch was not all that helpful, didn't offer or suggest anything but didn't give us a hard time either and did put my bev on another bill so we could get the safari club appe also( definetly did not need it!). we went for breakfast a few days later without the voucher( with a$10 gc from the safari club) and that server was great, suggesting how we could use the gc and just helpful in general, told us to make sure and give them the safari club card even though we couldn't get the discount cause we still get points and stuff...feel she would have been better to deal with at lunch too so it just dpends who you get

lol never thought i would feel this way about lobster but I agree the lobster was kind of tasteless and the stuffing was more like crab "dip" ( tasted pretty much the same as their dip to me which is good for dip, just not stuffing) and would have been better if it was given a quick pass under the broiler imo as it is too wet for "stuffing". For the price with the voucher I'm not complaining, just really glad i didn't pay full price or would have been "very very" disappointed instead of just" kind of "disappointed..husband however , who can take or leave any seafoood, liked it fine so guess it depends on the person. we were there in Jan...don't know if that had anything to do with it or if it is always like that. I f i get it again i will ask them to put it under the broiler for a few mins.

can you just get a whole steamed or broiled lobster at RFC for a dinner....i am not interested in the stuffing...just a plain ol' lobster? thanks

Originally posted by carol9999
can you just get a whole steamed or broiled lobster at RFC for a dinner....i am not interested in the stuffing...just a plain ol' lobster? thanks

it comes only with the stuff but you could ask for it without i'm sure since it's basically just on top of the split lobster (mentally putting that in the "why didn't i think of that" catagory btw:D )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter