Quick OKW Report

smsnorthup

I have OCDD-Obsessive Compulsive Disney Disorder
We just returned from our 2nd stay at OKW. It is as lovely as ever. Last year we stayed in a 2 bd in the 45-46 building area on the 3rd floor. This time we got there on Monday morning around 8:30 am and of course nothing was ready(never hurts to try...last year it was ready at 8am) So the CM looked to see what was coming available that day and there were no top floors anywhere. I was trying to avoid having a GV above us but when we got back from BB(hot and tired and I'm pregnant) the only thing available was a first floor 2 bd in building 25, room 2512. So, the cons were that we did have a GV above us with people that came in at all hours of the night and were not quiet. One night they came in at 3 am and continued to party very loudly on the hardwood floors. They woke everyone up and even left us a nice present on the railings of our back porch. The next morning we were out on the porch feeding the ducks and my niece was leaning on the railing and she stuck her arm in throw up. Nice, huh? We called the front desk and everyone was very nice and understanding and said they would leave them a message about the noise and they even gave us a credit towards our incendentials.

Now, on the positive side. We loved the location!! Quiet, yet very close to the bus stop, and HH. View of the golf course and a pond. Surprisingly, I really liked being on the first floor. It made for easy loading and unloading from our car and the best part was that every morning we had families of ducks(one with 8 tiny babies), birds and bunnies waiting for us to come out to feed them breakfast. My daughter loved this as did the adults. My sister said she felt like Snow White. I didn't mind not having the extra door to the M bath and the room was in very good shape. I will definetly try to get this section again. I'm missing it already!!:sad:

I would probably have called about the noisy neighbors at 3 AM rather than waiting until morning. That is really RUDE! At least when we have had upstairs noise from GVs, it has been because little kids were running loudly and bouncing super balls. It didn't bother us much except when it was at 5 AM. I took care of it myself by knocking the broom handle on the ceiling a couple of times, and the got the message. You probably had a college grad party above you.

I would probably have called about the noisy neighbors at 3 AM rather than waiting until morning. That is really RUDE! At least when we have had upstairs noise from GVs, it has been because little kids were running loudly and bouncing super balls. It didn't bother us much except when it was at 5 AM. I took care of it myself by knocking the broom handle on the ceiling a couple of times, and the got the message. You probably had a college grad party above you.

You're right that we should have called at 3am when it was going on. And I'm not sure who we had staying above, because the night before that one, there was a baby crying for close to an hour at about 4am. Guess they were giving it "tough love" and giving us another tough night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter