quick trip report

debk68

Earning My Ears
We started and ended in Anaheim due to our Free Give A Day Disneyland ticket. With San Diego in the middle.

We stayed at the Days Hotel Hotel circle for 4 nights. DBL queen with roll away. Room was smallish. I didn't like the layout. the kitchen was 2 burners, a microwave and mini fridge, sharing a small space next to the bathroom sink. I think that is GROSS! No where to dry your dishes and who wants to cook next to someone brushing their teeth or drying their hair! Also, outdated with squeeky pocket doors. BUT, it was 76.00 a night and the location is pretty central to the zoo and Seaworld. And I thought it was pretty clean. I might stay here again if the price was right. If you have a big car I don't know where you would park. The spaces are tiny!
Also, if you plan to take the free shuttle, book it when you book the room, all the good times were taken when we checked in.

Seaworld was amazing. We arrived around 12:30 on a Saturday and did Atlantis and then every show until around 7. Make sure if Blue Horizons is playing you get a wristband from the tables as you walk in. NO wristband No entry to the show. And you don't want to miss it.
All the show were a not to miss. If you go from show to show and bring in your lunch/snacks, eat them while you are waiting for the next show.
Bring a sweatshirt or jacket and leave it in your car. The temp drops at night and if you are wet from the rides you will be miserable.

San Diego Zoo, was excellent, different than any other zoo I had ever been too. We did miss some things in the trails, due to my inablity to follow a map. There is a lot to this Zoo.
Do the bus ride when you get there and also when you leave. The skyfari is OK.

Wild Animal Park, I thought would be more. I thought more animals would be roaming, Good to see at least once. If I had to choose, the zoo wins over the park.

We did snorkling in La Jolla, found a deal on groupon.com, very overcast day, we were supposed to swim with leopard sharks, we didn't see any. Then I got motion sick. Didn't know that could happen snorkling!

I would recommend going to Cabrillo National monument. There are tidepools and an old lighthouse and the most incredible view of San Diego!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter