Quiet deck on RC like deck 4 on DCL?

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
I love love love to sit on deck 4 and read and watch the ocean go by. It's so relaxing and quiet. My 10 year old likes it too. Do the RC ships have a similar quiet area where we can sit and relax and do that?

Are you looking at a particular ship? The non-smoking side of Deck 4 on Freedom class ships is one of my favorite quiet spots. There's hardly anyone out there.

I think the running deck is always a good one to try in general. Unless it’s up top.

The larger Royal Caribbean ships don’t have a “deck four” like you are familiar with. There is a “deck four”, only it’s deck five and the lifeboats block any view there is. Also, they have only a jogging track and no chairs. Stick with Freedom class as another poster said and you will have the “bliss” you are looking for. By larger I mean Oasis class.

Radiance class ships have a Promenade deck like DCL. I love to walk on the Promenade deck rather than the jogging track up top. There are chaises all the way around as well.
Denise

they have only a jogging track and no chairs

We did Oasis back in April and the jogging track had chairs on the back end of the ship, but they weren't loungers. They were low-sitting wood chairs, almost like Adirondack chairs. Not super comfortable for all day lounging and reading.

We loved the Solarium, but it's only for 16 and older. However, decks 15 and 16 had lounge chairs facing the ocean along the sides near the hot tub and entrance to the solarium. Hard to explain, but even though they weren't secluded, there weren't many people around and it was mostly just pass through traffic.

I saw Adirondack/Muskoka chairs scattered around Harmony as well. They are comfy, but not if you’re sitting there for hours on end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter