Race Characters Question

*DisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
I have a general question regarding characters during the runDisney events. Since the only race I've done is Wine and Dine, I don't have any experience with the morning races and how it usually goes. Are there typically any characters out in the pre- or post-race areas (probably not pre-race since it's so early, but mostly wondering about post-race). Wine and Dine had some characters out at the pre-race party, and I loved that. I'm not opposed to stopping on the course for pictures, but being able to get some once you're done would be a nice idea to me.

Thanks for anyone who can answer!

They usually have photo ops with characters after the race and sometimes before the race. In 2015 at marathon weekend I don't recall any characters pre race but they did have them post. Then in 2016 they had them at both pre and post race.

I've only run during Marathon Weekend, but as @rteetz mentioned there were characters out in the pre-race area this year. Thursday for the 5K there were people lined up to take pictures with the race backdrops before they started bringing characters out. We were in line for a picture with the Dopey backdrop when Dopey came out and we ended up being the second people to get our picture taken with Dopey. Pretty serendipitous on our part. If I remember correctly, there were three characters out each of the remaining days during pre-race and I believe there were still characters out post-race as well (we didn't get any post-race pictures so I wasn't particularly observant).

Princess weekend always has a Princess and Prince out pre-race. I believe they are out post-race as well, but I am usually grabbing a cup of coffee and heading back to the finish to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter