"Rain Checks" from 9/14 MNSSHP

CindyCharming

Mouseketeer
Our 9/14 MNSSHP had horrible weather so they passed out postcards saying we could use our tickets to get 1 day admission to the park in the future. I have every single ticket, receipt, scrap of paper from that trip but darn it if I can't find that stupid postcard. We are going back in February and I'd like to use them then. Is there some sort of number we need to call or anything like that?

Also, has anyone been able to get admission to another party instead of a 1 day admission ticket? Since we are already getting multi-day tickets for this Feb trip it would be nice if we could just exchange them for tickets to a P&P party. :)

My understanding is that you do not need the postcard, you just have to have the ticket from that nights events. The same thing happened to us for the P&PP on Aug 24 and people that have returned and used those tickets said they just put them in the card reader and entered as usual.

Suzanne princess:

We were at that party too. Fun wasn't it?!! :laughing:

We actually went into Guest Services that Monday to purchase 5 tickets for the MNSSHP on the following Friday(21) since we were still going to be there.

We told the CM that we had been at the 9/14 party and he pulled up our name in his computer. He then very generously, printed out 5 tickets for the second party free of charge.

We did not have our postcard or our actual tickets with us from that night. We were just going to buy 5 tickets and use the free passes for our next trip. It was really a very pleasant surprise.

So...I would call and ask. You might be pleased with the answer. Good luck!!

Oh yeah...I still have our postcards since we never used them. If for some reason they say you need it, let me know. I will be more then happy to send you one of ours.

My understanding is that you do not need the postcard, you just have to have the ticket from that nights events. The same thing happened to us for the P&PP on Aug 24 and people that have returned and used those tickets said they just put them in the card reader and entered as usual.

Thank you!

We actually went into Guest Services that Monday to purchase 5 tickets for the MNSSHP on the following Friday(21) since we were still going to be there.

We told the CM that we had been at the 9/14 party and he pulled up our name in his computer. He then very generously, printed out 5 tickets for the second party free of charge.

It was a fabulous night, wasn't it? :laughing: As we were sitting under the dripping Lunching Pad my 6yo says, Mom you lied to me! You said we were going to a fun Halloween party!

Thanks for the info and advice. I didn't even think about them being able to look things up in the computer. It might be too long ago but I'll give it a try. If not, I'll bring our tickets with us and see what they can do. I didn't think we needed the postcard either otherwise I probably I would have kept better track of it (probably being the key word!) but thank you for the offer. :)

I think it all depends upon whom you will end up dealing with. I contacted guest services via email about a month ago trying to exchange the tickets for P&PP. I was told that they couldn't do that but they offered to refund the entire amount of all of our tickets, which turned out to be a better deal for me.

On the day you used the raincheck tickets to get into MK, were you able to leave the park and come back later that day? I was at the 8/24 P&PP, which was another rainout. I plan to use my tickets to get into MK in Feb. I also have 3 small children who would like to go back to the room to nap. Will I have a problem getting back into MK that evening?

We used our 9-14 MNSSHP tickets to get into the MK last month. All you do is just put them through the ticket reader. Nothing special needed! No postcard or ticket swap or anything.

We did not have our postcard or our actual tickets with us from that night. We were just going to buy 5 tickets and use the free passes for our next trip. It was really a very pleasant surprise.

So...I would call and ask. You might be pleased with the answer. Good luck!!

Oh yeah...I still have our postcards since we never used them. If for some reason they say you need it, let me know. I will be more then happy to send you one of ours.

Howdy neighbor, West Islip here, where are you at? We were there that night as well we will try it again in Oct. this year.

Suzanne princess:

The lady is right.

in 38 days I'll have your answer, I am gonna try to exchange my 9/14 MNSSHP for P&P.

You might want to call to avoid any dissapointment, good luck.

I think it all depends upon whom you will end up dealing with. I contacted guest services via email about a month ago trying to exchange the tickets for P&PP. I was told that they couldn't do that but they offered to refund the entire amount of all of our tickets, which turned out to be a better deal for me.

We were luck enough to get ours refunded as well.
And yes that night sucked only positive was that is was warm, not some nasty cold deluge.

My parents were at the 10/30 MNSSHP which was practically rained out as well. They had sent an e-mail to Disney just letting them know how they felt they hadn't got their money's worth at all at the party since the parades where cancelled, and the fireworks were practically non-existent. Disney sent them vouchers for a 1 day admission to a park. My parents felt the thought was nice, but would have preferred a pass to a hard ticketed event. When they travel to disney, they usually go with a package so a one day pass doesn't help them at all. They took the passes of course, but who knows when they will actually use them. I think Disney should give a hard ticket pass in exchange for such things. Much more of an even trade.

My parents were at the 10/30 MNSSHP which was practically rained out as well. They had sent an e-mail to Disney just letting them know how they felt they hadn't got their money's worth at all at the party since the parades where cancelled, and the fireworks were practically non-existent. Disney sent them vouchers for a 1 day admission to a park. My parents felt the thought was nice, but would have preferred a pass to a hard ticketed event. When they travel to disney, they usually go with a package so a one day pass doesn't help them at all. They took the passes of course, but who knows when they will actually use them. I think Disney should give a hard ticket pass in exchange for such things. Much more of an even trade.

your parents would be able to use the value of the ticket to upgrade to a pass next time theirs expires. least that is how I understand things

That's what I kind of figured. A refund would be fine with me, I can just use it to purchase my P&PP tickets. :)

We used our 9-14 MNSSHP tickets to get into the MK last month. All you do is just put them through the ticket reader. Nothing special needed! No postcard or ticket swap or anything.

Thanks!!

I have the same feeling as your parents but I think it's probably because parties don't happen all the time and are not guaranteed to be held in the future. It would be nice to be given a choice though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter