Rain Forest Cafe.....

tweetybird

Earning My Ears
Has anyone every had dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe. If so can you please tell me abit about its atmosphere and the cost. First time ever going to DL need some advice. I have two teenagers, hoping this would be a good place for dinner. :rolleyes: :dancer:

Have eaten there twice -- OK food. Fun atmosphere. Pretty Expensive. Reminds me a lot of an environmental version of Hard Rock Cafe (same kind of food, similiar type prices). Our kids (10 and 12) like it. We are going back next month and will likely have one lunch or dinner there.

I feel it is a restaurant you must experience at least once. The jungle animals (life sized and animated) and sounds are very unique and entertaining. And the giant fish tanks are very cool, you could gaze at them for a long time. The food is good - overpriced a little - the menu is huge, and so are the portions. Everyone in your party is bound to find something they like. I have been half a dozen times and still enjoy going. Good luck deciding and have a great vacation :flower:

It is actually one of our favorites. I LOVE the potroast. They have AWESOME salads too. It is a bit pricey but we bought the Safari Club card on our first trip there and we got a discount. We've more than made our money back using it. Our kids love the place. I get excited when we go there. You'll like it I think. It's definitely different!

We go there often! Both in Anaheim. Orlando, Las Vegas and San Francico. The food is always very good, large salads, a bit on the high side but not as bad as Disney! We too bought the Safari card and it is a great bargin IF you plan to go back more than once. We get a free appetizer every time we visit ($8.00 value) and usually one of my kids makes that their meal or I do. Great desserts too.

Thank-you all for responding so quickly. Can you give me an average price pp for dinner. Thanks again...you guys are great.. :banana:

Here's their website - http://www.rainforestcafe.com/ - if you click on "Bamba" you get the menus.

No prices, but I recall mains as being around the $15 - $20 mark.

We had a great time there - the service and atmosphere was excellent, and we were surprised at how good the food was. It wasn't 5 star, but, for a theme restaurant, it was pretty good.

My girls (then aged 5 and 9) loved it - not sure if teenagers would be that impressed, but it was a good night.

Do you have to buy the Safari Club membership at the restaurant? Is there no way to get one by mail??

andriade said:
\ I LOVE the potroast.

I agree. I order nothing else when I go. It is so juicy and savory. yum yum yum!! I am going to the one in sf for my bday next week, cant wait!!

Disney Hot Mama said:
We go there often! Both in Anaheim. Orlando, Las Vegas and San Francico. The food is always very good, large salads, a bit on the high side but not as bad as Disney! We too bought the Safari card and it is a great bargin IF you plan to go back more than once. We get a free appetizer every time we visit ($8.00 value) and usually one of my kids makes that their meal or I do. Great desserts too.

If you could only pick ONE Rainforest, would it be in Aneheim or one of the two at WDW? I thought I read somewhere that the Anaheim Rainforest was a bit more extensive. Or, are they all pretty much the same?

I used to eat at the rainforst in WDW, but since a visit at the Animal Kingdom one included a cockroach on the table after the entrees were served, I refuse to go back. They actually offered a "free dessert" instead of comping the meal. lol! I find the one in Anaheim much nicer, but it isn't my favorite restaurant in Downtown Disney. I can spend about the same amount of money at Catal and have a much nicer dining experience!

We like the Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. The food is decent and the prices aren't bad if you have the Safari Club discount. Another nice feature of the Club discount is that you get priority seating, which is great if there is a long line. Just go to the reservation desk (the blue elephant) and show your card. Sometimes there is still a short wait, but better. Our card has more than paid for itself with that feature!

I loved the lettuce wraps at the rain forest. The was tons of food enough for 3 people easily. It was like diced chicken in a spicy sauce with peanuts and veggys that you roll up in lettuce leaves. All their dishes are huge portions.

We had to phone the Rainforest directly when we were there last month....I think the number was on the recording at the disney dining line....

Back in early November, I called RFC corporate to get some concrete answers about the Safari Club (how much, blah blah blah). When I inquired about if I join today in person or on the website, when would I get the $10 new member coupon in the mail the rep told me it takes SIX to EIGHT WEEKS to get your permanent card! :earseek: She answered on the first ring--I'm thinking she doesn't have a lot to do and should be processing those new membership cards a little faster! (In all fairness, the benefits begin immediately, but the coupon comes too late, IMHO.)

Personally, I'd have been willing to pay $5 for the benefits ($15 joining fee net $10 coupon) if I could have used my coupon for our DL trip, but we were about five weeks out. While we do have a RFC nearby, there is no part of me that wants to make that an everyday restaurant at home--it's a vacation thing! We ate early in the evening and made a reservation (it was getting crowded by the time we got to our 5 pm ressie!).

Moral of the story: Sign up 8+ weeks out if you only plan to use it on your vacation.

We ate there for lunch and loved it! The atmosphere is fantastic. I liked it so much that I had to visit the one in Chicago when I was up there last year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter