Rainforest gone at MP!!!

Disneefun

DIS Veteran
Well, #$!*$%. I've been saving and saving for a rainforest GC. I was 30 pts. shy when the site went down to make way for the new one. Well, today I go to the new MP site, fill out all those profiles that let you earn a quick 100 points. So I'm ready to cash out, right? Wrong. Go to the redemption page and Rainforest is gone!!!!! I'm so bummed. Not that wal mart of something else isn't useful but I was really holding out for that RFC GC for our Sept. trip. :sad:

Me too, I was 85 points away. I already have ADRs for our August trip and now I'm a little bummed! Oh well, I will go the Wal-Mart route too. Maybe get a Misty Mate for DH!

The $10.00 prepaid gas cards are GONE also now - :sad1:

No more Raintree Forest Cafe - :sad1:

The only thing left that I use mypoints for is Bath and Body Works.

Edited to add: they've also changed the amount of points you get for shopping at Office Depot - it's now 3 points per $ and it use to be 5,000 points for an order over $400.00. ($400.00 x 3 points per dollar= = 1,200 points) - WOW - guess I won't be racking up points buying office supplies anymore.

I haven't even been able to get into the new site.... Are you guys doing anything special to get in?

Looks like no more webcertificates either? :confused:

The site was down over the weekend, probably for the changeover, I just went to mypoints.com and was able to log right in.

Can someone explain what this site is? I went and I have answered some questions but I am not sure what my points are for. :confused3

We were waiting for me to have enough points for Rainforest, still 600 points. DH has had enought for a while now. I don't like the site. It drives me crazy when the change their sites. I had trouble getting in at first until I saw that they wanted my email address and not my signin name. Very disappointed!

Lori

I tried to email customer service this morning to ask about the lack of web certificates. My message bounced! Hopefully the new site just has some kinks to work out. I'll be very sad if they discontinue web certificates.

Kristen

I am cashing out of MyPoints and doing my shopping through Creations Rewards from now on. They credit points within 24 hours of getting my email (just forward confirmation email you get from the merchant) and I am getting Disney Dollars!

I have been with MyPoints for about 7 years and they have just fallen apart lately.

Welcome to MyPoints! We are currently in the final stages of the beta test of our new website.

During the beta test, you'll have access to most of our Point-earning partners and to a wide selection of your favorite merchants whom you can redeem you Points for free gift cards with.

We encourage you to shape your MyPoints experience by completing your personal profile. This helps us to understand your preferences so we can best customize your MyPoints experience to suit your interests.

Shortly, we'll be adding many more ways for you to earn Points redeemable for gift cards at your favorite merchants, including more of your favorite merchants.

If you have comments, we welcome them. Please provide your feedback to feedback@mypoints.com
The MyPoints Team

Just checked it out, updated my profile and noticed the lack of rewards as well. I sent them an e-mail to compliment the new look and complain about the lack of choices. I must agree, I have barely shopped through Mypoints since I started using Creations Rewards last year. I am very happy with Creations and if Mypoints is not going to have RFC or Gas cards I doubt I will continue with them.

I cashed out just in time. I just got my RFC GC on Saturday. I think I am probably done with that one then, they kept me in meals at the RFC but now, I don't know what I would get.

Email bounced back as undeliverable. Maybe while they are "renovating" they have removed their most popular cash outs until they will have time to fulfill them?

It looks like the gas cards are going to be there? If you click on the redeem search then look through the select by merchant it has prepaid fuel cards.

I hope they have some available soon because those are one of my favorites!

Has anyone heard back from them in response to e-mails? I noticed that my 2 requests for points were reported as failed-that the e-mail didn't exist. I hope that is just a quirk with the new website!?! I was also close to 7000 points for 2 webbies and am really frustrated that they seem to be gone! Also, the refer-a-friend program seems to be gone and I just got a notice that I got my first 100 points for someone joining. Stupid me deleted the e-mail without checking the website first!

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhh, I am TICKED!!! :mad: I was 100 points shy for $100 worth of web certificates. And I tried to get to the fuel cards, but those don't seem to be working, either. LIVID, LIVID, LIVID!!!

I was going to place an office supply order to bring me up to 100 in rewards. Guess I am too little, too late. My secind choice would have been RFC. At least 1 1/2 of our WDW meals would have been paid for. This just stinks! If they don't add the others back, I'll have to go with Walmart. Too bad they don't have any supermarket gift certs. Those would at least be useful, and I could buy Disney Dollars with the grocery $$. Oh well, dare to dream.

Seriously, if you are as disappointed with MyPoints as I have become, give creationsrewards.net a try. I have only been with them for less than a month and this morning I cashed out for $25 in Disney Dollars. No waiting 30 days (or forever) for points to credit. You forward your confirmation email from the merchant as soon as you receive it and Creations Rewards emails you when the points credit (all within 24 hours so far).

They have tons of merchants including most that MyPoints has/had and some they don't.

I am just going to keep MyPoints to accrue points from bonus emails, but that's it for shopping through them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter