Rainforest gone at MP!!!

My email just bounced back, also. I am really upset about this!

did you try them at membercare@mypoints.com? i just shot off an email to them...(i just received a tracking number for the email as well). thank god hubby and i both just cashed out for webbies before the site changed...i got mine, but hubby is still waiting :( looks like i'll be doing everything through creation rewards for the disney dollars now. oh well :sad2:

QR will be adding Rainforest gift certificates sometime next week. It was announced in today's paid mailing.

I've been bugged with Mypoints for a long time. I don't shop through them anymore, just click on the e-mails. It bugs me that I have to check around for the best point use - it take 1350 for a $10 starbucks card, 1400 for a $10 bath & bodyworks, 1500 for a $10 Penneys card, etc.

For anyone who's interested in the Gas Cards, I was just on MyPoints and they are available now.

One more thing to add to "irk me" list: it appears that they aren't offering the Entertainment books anymore. I was looking 'cause I know it won't be long before the 2006's are out and I can't find them anywhere. I hope they bring that back, as I could always count on that for points. But w/no rainforest, no webbies, and no ent. books, looks like the days of using mypoints for disney are through. Which means I'm through w/mypoints.

faithhope said:
During the beta test, you'll have access to most of our Point-earning partners and to a wide selection of your favorite merchants whom you can redeem you Points for free gift cards with.

Do you think this MIGHT mean that MAYBE they just don't have ALL of the regular stuff (like web certificates or pre paid fuel cards) up and running yet? I HOPE?!?!?

My email to them also bounced...

GADISNEYGIRL said:
Do you think this MIGHT mean that MAYBE they just don't have ALL of the regular stuff (like web certificates or pre paid fuel cards) up and running yet? I HOPE?!?!?

My email to them also bounced...

I think your theory might be a good one. Because, as we all know, the Gas Cards were unavailable when the new site came up, and they are now up and available.

From a Programming standpoint, converting all their old stuff to the new format seems like it was a HUGE job. I'm sure they are still tweaking, and if they are still in Beta, I think it's promising that they will probably keep adding merchants back in.

I emailed the email address above and it did not bounce. I was a beta tester and they have had this format for quite a while now so while it could be programming I am wondering if it's more who they want to work with. Honestly as a beta tester they didn't notify us to check merchants that we normally worked with or I would have complained then and there.

Here's hoping webbies come back as I have 7000 points ready to cash out.

There phone number was 415-676-3700 (san francisco, ca) if you ned it. I haven't called it in awhile.

I hate the new site!

I too am disappointed with both the lack of WebCertificates and the absence of the 5,000 point deal for Office Depot.

I'm hoping the WebCertificates come back.

I did already receive an e-mail with a "special offer" that is good until August 11th for Office Depot. Same structure as before....5,000 points if you buy over $400 in merchandise.

For those of you just clicking on the e-mails to make 5 points here and there....they changed the originating e-mail address. All my "BonusMails" from My Points were going into my Yahoo bulk folder. The new address is:

BonusMail@MyPoints.com

I added this address into my address book and should start to receive the mails in my inbox now. Just wanted to give a heads up....

Speed :goodvibes

Ugh! Why didn't I cash out last week? I hope they bring Rainforest back. I now have over 8000 points and was going to get a Macaroni Grill GC and a RFC GC. For a second I was VERY bummed, until I realize the Macaroni Grill ones are under Brinker Restaurants. Phew! I'm sure I'll find something to use my other 5000 points on.

And I did notice that the points were crediting almost immediately now, so at least that's something. I haven't been shopping through them lately, but I have been doing all the Clickthru emails.

Here is the response I received from my email and I did specifically ask about a redemption partner so I will be asking again about Webbies as I need them before 9/1/05:

Dear Member,

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Care.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Please allow 3-4 weeks for us to add our entire catalog of Redemption Partners to the new MyPoints site. If you have any questions about a specific merchant, please indicate in a reply email and we will be happy to investigate further. Thank you for your continued patience.

I got the same response that you received Chipscinderelly.

I wrote back again this morning and specifically asked about web certificates. I received an even shorter response with the exact same information. Please post if you get a real answer!

Thanks!

Well, I find that somewhat encouraging~fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed that Webbies will soon be back!! ;)

I still haven't received a more specific response and I did immediately reply and mention that I specifically asked about WebCertificates. I also added that I was a MyPoints Beta tester and the site had been up long enough for them to add vendors (which they prob didn't like) so I felt they needed to get the merchants up right away.

Someone had stated last week that the gas cards were also gone. They are now back!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter