RBC Rewards

Jennkneefir

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used RBC rewards points for a Disney trip? Any tips? I'm not an avid points person, but i know there are tips and tricks. I have over 100,000 RBC points from my RBC Visa, and we also have the RBC westjet mastercard with some Westjet $ saved. Will i get a better bang for my buck if i convert the rewards points to westjet $? I know there are Avion points as well..... HELP!

I usually redeem my points for Hotels.com gift cards.

With that many points, you can get a $1000 gift card for either Air Canada or West Jet. Thats almost enough (depending on where you are flying from) for 2 round trip tickets.

Also, RBC rewards just did some major upgrades on their points rewards app and you can now book travel right from within the app.

looks like the points value is about dollar for dollar for what the current airfare costs.

It might be a better deal to get the Gift card then wait for a seat sale.

With that many points, you can get a $1000 gift card for either Air Canada or West Jet. Thats almost enough (depending on where you are flying from) for 2 round trip tickets.

Also, RBC rewards just did some major upgrades on their points rewards app and you can now book travel right from within the app.

looks like the points value is about dollar for dollar for what the current airfare costs.

Thank you so much for your reply! Im thinking i might end up making a bit of a spreadsheet to compare my points to westjet $'s to gift cards. Seat sale is always a good idea!

If it is an Avion card, I only use for flights because it’s the biggest bang for buck. Flew to Hawaii in Plus for only $600 using points a few years ago.

Sometimes you can get the Air Canada gift cards on sale. You could also put the points into cash within an RRSP and spend the tax savings later.

If it is an Avion card, I only use for flights because it’s the biggest bang for buck. Flew to Hawaii in Plus for only $600 using points a few years ago.
I don't have the avion card. Just the RBC rewards visa (accumulates 2 points per $....i think), and the RBC Westjet Mastercard. Good to know about the avion though....

Does the Hotels.com gift cards ever go on sale? Someone below mentioned waiting for airline gift cards to go on sale. I hadnt considered that

For our last WDW trip we converted our RBC Rewards points into WJ Rewards points and then used the WJ pts (both the converted ones plus others we had accumulated) along with our RBC WJ credit card and one of its annual companion vouchers to book our airfare.

For our last WDW trip we converted our RBC Rewards points into WJ Rewards points and then used the WJ pts (both the converted ones plus others we had accumulated) along with our RBC WJ credit card and one of its annual companion vouchers to book our airfare.
Awesome! Thank you. That was the solution that seemed the most straightforward to me, but i wasn't sure if there were some tricks i hadn't considered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter