Read at your own risk..arrrrrrrrhh POTC Changes,etc

sounds like it's going to be awesome! I'm going to go crazy now waiting...

Thank you SO much for posting that!!!! I CANNOT wait to check it out!!! :thumbsup2

That sounds great, but I am so glad that I don't go to DL in the busy summer months. :teeth: Sounds like it will be pretty busy with the new POC. I had no idea that WDW's POC rehab would not be as good as DL's, but I will look forward to seeing DL's even more in 2007.

It will be interesting to see how they tie the Columbia into the ride along with the changes to New Orleans square> It will be great to see peoples impressions.

Jack pirate:

I read a link to this article on TNT and I have to wonder where the comments about "chubby" face characters here in WDW. I have never seen any of these cast members that this guy is talking about. :confused3

I can't wait to see the new rehabs. POTC is scheduled to reopen here in FL in early July, and then I head to DL in late August to ride out there! :woohoo:

Yeah I was really enjoying the article too until it started to "bag" on the characters at WDW and the fact that WDW got totally shorted in POTC. I love DISNEY, overall, and I don't care for the rivalry between the two. I can't wait to visit DL later this week and I'll be back in WDW in November. There was a Pocohantas in the Animal Kingdom show last year that was so strikingly similar to the movie that I was pretty amazed. Her long black hair was her own, not a wig nor extensions.

SamIAm21 said:
Yeah I was really enjoying the article too until it started to "bag" on the characters at WDW and the fact that WDW got totally shorted in POTC. I love DISNEY, overall, and I don't care for the rivalry between the two. I can't wait to visit DL later this week and I'll be back in WDW in November. There was a Pocohantas in the Animal Kingdom show last year that was so strikingly similar to the movie that I was pretty amazed. Her long black hair was her own, not a wig nor extensions.

If I stick to going on vacations with my family I probably will never have the opportunity to go to WDW. An observation is subjective and making a comparison was probably honest. You need to post your experience between both rides when you return from WDW. People for get that Disney is very big business, so by making experiences different, people will travel to see these difference. WDW is huge compared to DLR and has the physical opportunity to improve emensely. DLR has to try to improve in the space and resources they have.

Jack pirate:

Wait a second, it says that in the coming months, Haunted mansion will be closed to change it into the nightmare before christmis holiday ride again.

Wasnt last year supposed to be the last year they do it, or did disney and tim burton change there minds?

Blackjack, I understand why the parks are different and I'm okay with that, I just didn't really care for the tone of the article where they said the face characters were chubby with bad noses and wouldn't hold water in the California park. I agree, there are probably a lot more choices in California as far as talent goes, but the author's comments were somewhat snide. Example below:

"And quite frankly the Disneyland Entertainment Department managers are rolling their eyes at WDW's plans to emulate this Disneyland experience on a smaller scale, as WDW is often fodder for Disneyland managers who wince at the sight of some of the face characters and entertainment Orlando management has the nerve to put out in front of guests. "

Unfortunately, I'll be in DL in the next few days and won't have a chance to ride Pirates there, but I will ride the refurbished POTC in WDW in November. Too bad Disney execs didn't feel it was worth it to upgrade that ride just a little bit more....

doombuggy said:
I read a link to this article on TNT and I have to wonder where the comments about "chubby" face characters here in WDW. I have never seen any of these cast members that this guy is talking about. :confused3

I've seen some of his descriptions. Eric from the Little Mermaid always seems chubby, in the Vogage of... and parades...oh and Fantasmic!

I've also seen a couple of pincesses that weren't up to royalty standards.

In their defense, other than what I have mentioned above, I never noticed that DL characters were better than WDW, but I never really noticed that much I guess.

I am really excited about the changes too. I was a little nervous it would be silly, but it sounds like it will be cool!

I just wish they would use the fastpasses at POTC again, at least for the summer.

We are heading for Florida at the end of July. Would have been next week but luckily I stumbled upon a website a few weeks ago and found out the Pirates won't be open till the begining of July. That is one of the main rides we wanted our 5yr old to be able to see. He loves pirates, seen the movie tons of time, been a pirate the last 3 halloweens and watched the xtra on the dvd about making the ride "way back when" (I think that was the one in CA but he'll still think the one in FL is way kool). So we were really upset to find out that the ride was going to be closed while we were there so we got everything shifted around and god help them if the Pirate ride isnt open when we get there in a few months. I'm just glad we wont be showing up at the ride in a week to see a big sign saying closed for reconstruction.

I had heard somewhere it would open 7/2. Disney had origianlly stated 7/7 to coincide with the premeire.

Jack pirate:

SamIAm21 said:
Yeah I was really enjoying the article too until it started to "bag" on the characters at WDW and the fact that WDW got totally shorted in POTC.

Consider the source. Making snide remarks is par for the course for this particular author. Almost always has to throw something nasty in. Usually, it's about DCA.

Does anyone know when they'll be starting all these fun Pirates events at DL this summer? :confused3 We might go back one time this summer but would like to go when they'll be having all the fun. My boys love Pirates. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter