Read at your own risk..arrrrrrrrhh POTC Changes,etc

Wow. There is a ton down for rehab this fall at DLR. Sounds like they're really sprucing it up.

Why are the DLR folks so down on fastpass while the WDW folks seem to like it?

By the way. Fastpass not only makes things quicker for those that have them, but reduces PEAK waiting times in the standby line as well.

I wonder if part of the reason why DL is apparently getting more stuff for the POTC refurb is because it's version is nearly twice as long. DL has a longer ride and more scenes to refurb than WDW.

The funny thing about this is that I grew up in Southern California, literally minutes away from Disneyland. Seriously, growing up I could see the fireworks from my backyard. Anyway, growing up we always knew that DL was the original park, but believed that WDW was the holy grail, so to speak. Maybe it is perception, but I had always thought that WDW was the better resort. That is why this article is surprising to me. It does make sense that DL resort has access to a larger talent pool, given the location, now that I think about it, but still, always thought that WDW was the big one.:cool1:

Warlock128 said:
Wait a second, it says that in the coming months, Haunted mansion will be closed to change it into the nightmare before christmis holiday ride again.

Wasnt last year supposed to be the last year they do it, or did disney and tim burton change there minds?

I didn't hear that they weren't going to do it anymore. From what I heard it's still every year. I know in the past they've gone back and forth on what they want to do with the Holiday Small World though. But it looks like they are still doing that as well.

From that article it looks like A LOT of rides will be down this fall and winter.

Can't wait to ride the new Pirates though, I'm so excited!

ktnlxismom said:
The funny thing about this is that I grew up in Southern California, literally minutes away from Disneyland. Seriously, growing up I could see the fireworks from my backyard. Anyway, growing up we always knew that DL was the original park, but believed that WDW was the holy grail, so to speak. Maybe it is perception, but I had always thought that WDW was the better resort. That is why this article is surprising to me. It does make sense that DL resort has access to a larger talent pool, given the location, now that I think about it, but still, always thought that WDW was the big one.:cool1:

I look at it a different way. WDW is a mega resort with many different parks. If you ever watched the "Wonderful World of Disney" many years ago, it had varying themes. It was Walts vision, but he virtually had nothing to do with building the "World." Disneyland is where Walt walked, at, worried, etc. Both are totally different experiences. One is cozy, one is huge. One is like a private yacht, one is like a large cruise ship. The rides being different(in many ways) is what attracts us to the individual parks.
When I go to DLR, I go for the Walt Disney experience, not the imatation.
Everyone has different tastes and different views on what it takes to have fun.

Jack pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter