READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be frank, I hope this goes to the FP+ system next year. I did get to ride, but I won't do it again by trying for a BG....to many variables.

I just hope it stops going down. I think no matter the method, it remains a pain in the butt until it's not down so often.

The early arrivals wouldn't be so bad if there weren't unsuccessful attempts to actually ride once your BG is called, or if there wasn't such a huge range of time a certain BG # is called and you could somewhat figure out your day once you received your number. It's not the BG system, it's the ride. Having a 9:00-10:00 AM FP+ and not successfully riding until later that afternoon because it was late to come up, and then it went down during your first attempt to ride is only marginally less annoying than our current method, IMO.

Here now. We were at HS at 7:45. Best BG we could get was 89. Oddly enough my wife also got BG 89. We were trying separately. Received a notification about a half hour ago that the would not get to us today eventhough they are at BG 61 at 5:28. This is the 3rd day we have tried and we have always gotten backup groups and have not ridden yet. We both have the most current Samsung high end phones. Speed does not seem to be an issue. At 8am we hear people all around us cheering and I am still waiting for the option to join a group to become available.
if you happen to try again and you have issues at park opening go to a GET and explain your experience, they may be able to move your bg forward

Here now. We were at HS at 7:45. Best BG we could get was 89. Oddly enough my wife also got BG 89. We were trying separately. Received a notification about a half hour ago that the would not get to us today eventhough they are at BG 61 at 5:28. This is the 3rd day we have tried and we have always gotten backup groups and have not ridden yet. We both have the most current Samsung high end phones. Speed does not seem to be an issue. At 8am we hear people all around us cheering and I am still waiting for the option to join a group to become available.

I would strongly urge you to find a GET CM or go to Guest Services and explain your situation, and see if they'll assign you a FP for today or another day if you've got time left. The worst they can say is no. I'm sorry you've had such bad luck.

Its alarming that you've been at Hollywood Studios 3 mornings in a row and still have not been able to ride RotR. It just goes to show that just because you get there at park open doesn't mean you can ride it even if you have multiple back up days.

I'm going to be going President's Day weekend and I have 3 days to try and ride RotR. I'm really worried this may happen to me and I will waste all my time at HS

Thanks for all the kind words. We are gonna give it a try tomorrow morning. I am going to talk to some GET members to see if I am doing somethong wrong. We are at Epcot right now and HS is just a short skyliner ride. BG 64 now. I wonder if they could still get to ours or if they have come up with a hard cut off.

Thanks for all the kind words. We are gonna give it a try tomorrow morning. I am going to talk to some GET members to see if I am doing somethong wrong. We are at Epcot right now and HS is just a short skyliner ride. BG 64 now. I wonder if they could still get to ours or if they have come up with a hard cut off.
if they sent out a notification that your number won't ride they are not going to load it. It would create a lot of upset people that moved on to other things/parks/back to their hotel and then they would just open it back up again

absolutley talk to GET and see if they can help you. Trying three times and not getting in is very unfortunate.
Hopefully GET will get you in, but if not please try a different technique for getting the boarding group. If your phone keeps taking a long time to turn red, you need to try something else. I suggest killing your app before tapping in, opening the app a few minutes before 8am then Nothing until exactly 8. At one second after 8, tap “find out more”. This should get you the red button right away.

IF the rides runs smoothly how long is the average wait?
That's a hard one to explain without getting into spoiler territory, but with absolutely no stopping its about 18 min. But more than likely the whole thing is about 25 to 30

No this isn’t true.

There are people who get back up BG in the park at opening, usually due to phone issues. They do not get auto FP, and any FP they do get would be at the discretion of the CM they approach, if they choose to.

I mean I also wouldn’t wait until the last day, give as much wiggle room as you can if this is important to you, but it’s not as cut and dry as get there at opening and you get a ride or a FP.

I just have not read a single report of anyone being there at park opening and not getting a bg. Those who have had phone issues, go to a GET and they issue them one. I haven’t heard of anyone being told Nope, can’t do it either. There may be people who aren’t aware of that option though. But If it’s happening, it’s not happening on any of the several forums I’ve been watching.

I just have not read a single report of anyone being there at park opening and not getting a bg. Those who have had phone issues, go to a GET and they issue them one. I haven’t heard of anyone being told Nope, can’t do it either. There may be people who aren’t aware of that option though. But If it’s happening, it’s not happening on any of the several forums I’ve been watching.

The not true was disputing what you said about the only people who miss out completely are those who cannot ride true next day. That isn’t true. There’s even someone on this page or the one before who has missed out 3 times now. There are plenty of people who receive a back up group at opening due to tech issues and then do not get called or receive a FP for the next day. This was not really happening until it became the norm for regular groups to stop about a minute in, and only reach 60ish.

When the ride has a bad day there are people who were there at opening, received a relatively low group, and do not receive an auto FP for the next day.

I agree with someone who posted earlier, it’s splitting hairs whether people who arrive on time get a BG or not if the end result is not riding with nothing to show for their efforts.

Talk to GET they may be able to change your BOG or let you come back later.for RotR

We were already at BOG waiting for our table. With the whole monorail getting back to TTC, there is no way to get back to HS on time. Plus we have VAH at MK tonight so makes little sense to leave MK.

Yes, thank you. I’ll stop by tomorrow at HS and nicely plead my case with a GET and hope they give me a FP. No expectations though.

Sort of a triple whammy of various things going on this week it seems....

- Switch to 12 open park hours on Tuesday (shortest park hours since the ride has been open)
- App issues for some
- A relatively rough week overall operationally

Things certainly "felt" better when the app was working (mostly) fine and the ride was routinely cranking through BGs well into backups, with only a "bad" day here and there.

With a series of poor performing days, shorter park hours to make up for any delays, and the annoyance of the app crashing - no doubt the "need" to get a lower BG number ratchets up a bit just to hedge a poor performing day.

Here's hoping the powers that be can get the ride back on track and performing at a higher capacity level, especially during the upcoming President's Day holiday weekend rush.

So what happens if you have a big party with you...like 12 people? Should we break off into smaller groups? Does it make getting a earlier boarding group harder. I know some of this is probably unknown but just wanted to see some opinions.

BTW, DHS Extra Magic Hours through August (as far as the park calendar goes at the moment) have now been moved to PM Extra Magic Hours.
When I first realized they had moved emh through April, I did check May and it was definitely still showing morning emh. Glad they went ahead and changed it through the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter