• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention that we were coming off MMRR at 10am and got BG 3. Have now already completed ROTR and are in line for Smuggler's Run. Already a great day!

Here at HS now. Rode SDD and then got BG6. Made it partway through and we are broken down. They are holding us inside for now.

Well, we were boarded onto Slinky Dog at 9:58! My DH and I kept our phones out, and while riding, I was able to get BG 27 ☺ I only included myself in the group, and went to GET where they added the rest of my party.
Glad this worked for you but this method is not recommend. Just step aside just before the loading area and grab a boarding group and then board the ride. Don't want you to drop your smartphone, lose it or have it hit someone.

Also a reminder to others that are playing along that the Guest Experience Team (GET) can add members to your group up to 8 since that is the limit for portions of the ride experience. So grab a BG with anyone that shows up on your list sometimes your list is not complete due to communication issues with the servers.

Dave

Do you mean you literally were on the roller coaster with your phone clicking "join"? This is exactly what I am afraid about when it comes to waiting in line for a ride before 10am. But glad to hear that you were able to do it!

Yep!! Thankfully I'd been on it before, and I was able to join during the first part of the ride, and got to enjoy the rest! Everyone on with us was doing the same thing - we talked to a couple while getting off who managed to get BG2 while riding. Not ideal, but possible!

I really thought we had gotten in line late enough to avoid this exact scenario, but the line moved pretty quickly. It wouldn't have made sense to let people go in front of us - everyone seemed to have their phones out to try for BGs.

I always wait for my phone to change from 9:59 to 10 and then hit join ands have always gotten in.
If you hit it before it won't be open and then your stuck refreshing
Yes that is what probably would happen to me lol, refreshing and miss it.At least I know not to make that mistake.

You can practice doing both
Yes that’s what I’m going to do. I was just trying to check to see if I have the most recent version of the app. How do I find what version I have? I looked in my settings of the app and didn’t see the version. I also look on the app. Nevermind I just found it 😁. It’s 6.3 is that the newest.

Yes that’s what I’m going to do. I was just trying to check to see if I have the most recent version of the app. How do I find what version I have? I looked in my settings of the app and didn’t see the version. I also look on the app.
On the app go to the menu, three horizontal lines, click help, you should see this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-182259_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-182259_Disney World.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 35
I always wait for my phone to change from 9:59 to 10 and then hit join ands have always gotten in.
If you hit it before it won't be open and then your stuck refreshing
I second this. This was the method my friends and I used for the drops yesterday and we all got BGs. It's also worked for me on all my previous attempts so far.

Forgot to mention that we were coming off MMRR at 10am and got BG 3. Have now already completed ROTR and are in line for Smuggler's Run. Already a great day!
What time did you get in line for MMRR?
I’m afraid if I get in line for it first thing my Internet won’t work inside the building for joining a boarding group🤔.

maryj11 said:
What time did you get in line for MMRR?
I’m afraid if I get in line for it first thing my Internet won’t work inside the building for joining a boarding group🤔.

About 9:25. We had pretty decent wifi coverage the entire time we were in the building, but lost mobile data while inside. We were worried about that because my mobile data had a faster connection outside than the wifi did. Ended up not being a problem at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter