• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were already gone in 10 seconds, not so sure it'll be any quicker.

I'll be interested to see after Labor Day when they shorten the hours how quick they'll go
It was quicker yesterday morning, at least for me. If I had to click my family I wouldn't have gotten a pass every other day I would have.

They were already gone in 10 seconds, not so sure it'll be any quicker.

I'll be interested to see after Labor Day when they shorten the hours how quick they'll go
It probably won't be appreciably different. It's a 10 percent reduction in hours, and there's already an overhead of about 5 seconds for anyone to get through the guest list, etc. I'd guess there will be maybe a second less. They've also been increasing the rate they're getting through groups, which could help offset some of it.

I would guess they're adding the friends and family automatically for everyone to avoid the long lines at the GET?

57 BGs distributed this morning, the most yet for 10am. Disney is feeling very confident today. Could be another record breaker.
I haven't been tracking too closely but I'm surprised that 57 BGs is a big number for the 10am distribution. I always thought they distributed the lion's share of the BGs at 10am then just added some extras at 2pm. Since we've seen at least one day with over 100BGs this week I'm surprised that 57 is a high number!

Curious as to how you see how many BGs were distributed @rexmism ? I didn't realize this was a stat published anywhere.

I haven't been tracking too closely but I'm surprised that 57 BGs is a big number for the 10am distribution. I always thought they distributed the lion's share of the BGs at 10am then just added some extras at 2pm. Since we've seen at least one day with over 100BGs this week I'm surprised that 57 is a high number!

Curious as to how you see how many BGs were distributed @rexmism ? I didn't realize this was a stat published anywhere.
Calculating BGs distributed is a complicated process that involves a lot of data analysis. It was a lot of work to figure out, and took me almost a month to nail down, but I'm confident in my numbers (at least until they change things up again, like they did a few days ago).
The 10am distribution typically does give out more than the 2pm, but if things are running smoothly, it's closer to being equal. Yesterday was their best day so far post covid, and it was 55 and 50. They had been giving out a little over 50 at 10am for a while. 55 yesterday, and 57 today. I don't know what's going on but they seem to be getting the hang of things. Faster speeds and fewer down times.

They are not published anywhere, the poster is just guessing (accurately in most cases) Any CM caught disclosing info is in jeopardy of being automatically fired

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the tips! Last Friday was my day, and practice really did pay off! We got to the park at about 8:50, so of course we had to circle around once. When we got back, they were letting cars line up at the parking booths. Booths opened at 9:10, and we were tapped in the park at 9:30. Got in line for MMRR, and were at the entrance to the ride at 9:58. No way I was going inside at that point so we stepped aside to concentrate on getting a BG. Opened MDE 5 seconds before 10:00, got the blue button, selected my party and hit “join” I wasn’t sure I got it, and because of the way I practice, I had hit refresh really quickly and hit “join” again, and got a message saying that we already had a BG! 🤦‍♀️ YAY!! BG 6! So happy- my heart was pounding! People all around us were cheering and EVERYONE had their phones out working the app. We got back in line and rode MMRR, then headed straight over to Rise. The ride broke down right before we were to board, so we were held in the boarding area for about 20 minutes, but we finally got to ride and it was magnificent!! Worth the weeks of practice and months of waiting (was there in February and couldn’t get a BG). By 11:00am, we had ridden MMRR, ROTR, and MFSR!!! (Could NOT have imagined that back in February!) It was a great start to our HS day - in total, we rode MFSR 3 times, TOT 4 times, Slinky 3 times, and did Rockin Roller coaster, Toy Story Mania, MMRR, and Rise one time each. It was spectacular!! Good luck to everyone trying, and May the Force Be With You! 👍

Thanks to all for the tips! Last Friday was my day, and practice really did pay off! We got to the park at about 8:50, so of course we had to circle around once. When we got back, they were letting cars line up at the parking booths. Booths opened at 9:10, and we were tapped in the park at 9:30. Got in line for MMRR, and were at the entrance to the ride at 9:58. No way I was going inside at that point so we stepped aside to concentrate on getting a BG. Opened MDE 5 seconds before 10:00, got the blue button, selected my party and hit “join” I wasn’t sure I got it, and because of the way I practice, I had hit refresh really quickly and hit “join” again, and got a message saying that we already had a BG! 🤦‍♀️ YAY!! BG 6! So happy- my heart was pounding! People all around us were cheering and EVERYONE had their phones out working the app. We got back in line and rode MMRR, then headed straight over to Rise. The ride broke down right before we were to board, so we were held in the boarding area for about 20 minutes, but we finally got to ride and it was magnificent!! Worth the weeks of practice and months of waiting (was there in February and couldn’t get a BG). By 11:00am, we had ridden MMRR, ROTR, and MFSR!!! (Could NOT have imagined that back in February!) It was a great start to our HS day - in total, we rode MFSR 3 times, TOT 4 times, Slinky 3 times, and did Rockin Roller coaster, Toy Story Mania, MMRR, and Rise one time each. It was spectacular!! Good luck to everyone trying, and May the Force Be With You! 👍
We are going in October and I'm new to these forums. Would you mind sharing the tips? I've told the kiddos that, more than likely, we will not be able to ride ROTR. We have all decided to go in with low expectations! :)

BG 54 was called at 2pm, which in addition to showing the blazing speed of RotR today (BG 54's best time previously was 2:25pm), helps lend some credence to my calculation this morning of 57. They almost ran out of groups to call.
They have been absolutely unstoppable today, and if it continues, we'll see if my next calculation is right - 110 BGs distributed today.

BG 54 was called at 2pm, which in addition to showing the blazing speed of RotR today (BG 54's best time previously was 2:25pm), helps lend some credence to my calculation this morning of 57. They almost ran out of groups to call.
They have been absolutely unstoppable today, and if it continues, we'll see if my next calculation is right - 110 BGs distributed today.

Seems to me it is clearly voiced by the moderators that no numbers are official and should not be spoken as so.

From Home, the 2PM Distributions seemed to go on for nearly a minute...the 10AM were done within 10 seconds...wonder how the 2PM crowds (or weather) is today...

Seems to me it is clearly voiced by the moderators that no numbers are official and should not be spoken as so.
Yes any discussion on numbers should be preceded by, my best estimation or guess, no one knows the exact numbers unless you work directly on the attraction and if that's the case Disney can fire you immediately for sharing

We are going in October and I'm new to these forums. Would you mind sharing the tips? I've told the kiddos that, more than likely, we will not be able to ride ROTR. We have all decided to go in with low expectations! :)

1).Practice!! practice, practice! I knew I only had about 10 seconds to get a BG, so I set an alarm for 9:58 and 1:58 every day, so I could be ready to practice at home. Closed all of my apps, opened my AtomicClock app, and at 9:59:56, I left the AtomicClock app and opened MDE. Scrolled down to the “Star Wars Rise of the Resistance: Request Access to the Virtual Queue” Bar, tapped that, and got the “Join” button. Tap that when it turns blue, then select your party(I understand that you no longer have to do this step as of about 2 days ago), and tap “join virtual queue”. If you are just practicing from home, it won’t let you actually continue and join because it knows that you aren’t actually in the park.
2. Stay up to date on this discussion group! When changes to the process occur, these guys know about it first! For example, no longer having to select your party . . . If you didn’t know that change was happening, it would be easy to freak out and panic a little, and there is no time for that! 😉 Also, updates to the app are usually posted here. You will also learn what to do if you experience a problem. By October, the park hours will be different, so the queue opening times could change- you want to know that! Knowledge is power in the BG game! 👍
3. Did I mention you should PRACTICE? Lol!! Knowing where the buttons and tabs were, and not having to search was the key for me. Also knowing how long it took my phone to open the app, and for me to get to the “join “ button, helped me know how to be ready right at 10:00, and you HAVE to be ready right on time!!
I think keeping expectations low is good, but you can definitely increase your chances by staying informed and practicing. Also, you still have a chance at 2:00pm if you don’t get one on the morning, so I think your odds are decent! Good luck!!!!!!!!🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter