READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, thank you to all you experts willing to patiently answer the same questions over and over for us neurotic planners. Tell me if I've got the right idea-the first day I practiced I hit the join button right at 7, and the next screen said who all is in your party-it had me listed, then a dozen others whom I have been to WDW with in the past 2 years and not going with me in a few weeks, as well as the ones I will be with in a few weeks-basically everyone who has ever been on past friends and family list! I panicked and stopped! The next day I hit join, hit join again, ( seeing I was the only one checked) and got the wait a minute, someone doesn't have park passes, do you want to remove this person? (just myself)

Now, from reading previously, if I do this on the day we 3 of us from that vast list do have park passes, and I have hit the join button twice, I won't need to add/remove previous friends and family and the app will recognize which three of us have park passes? I need to unlink a bunch of folks if I am confused about this-

First off, thank you to all you experts willing to patiently answer the same questions over and over for us neurotic planners. Tell me if I've got the right idea-the first day I practiced I hit the join button right at 7, and the next screen said who all is in your party-it had me listed, then a dozen others whom I have been to WDW with in the past 2 years and not going with me in a few weeks, as well as the ones I will be with in a few weeks-basically everyone who has ever been on past friends and family list! I panicked and stopped! The next day I hit join, hit join again, ( seeing I was the only one checked) and got the wait a minute, someone doesn't have park passes, do you want to remove this person? (just myself)

Now, from reading previously, if I do this on the day we 3 of us from that vast list do have park passes, and I have hit the join button twice, I won't need to add/remove previous friends and family and the app will recognize which three of us have park passes? I need to unlink a bunch of folks if I am confused about this-
You’re not confused. When practicing, no one is selected because no one has a ticket+DHS park pass, including you, which is why you got the message to remove yourself. That’s the message that indicates you would have gotten a BG if you did have the ticket/park pass! On the big day, only those who meet the requirements will be selected - automatically - so you just click Join-Join-Join! If you get a BG and someone is left out, just visit with a Guest Experience CM in a blue shirt, and they’ll fix you up.

Near impossible. The virtual booking system is out before you press the button. They need a better way, I think a lottery would be better. You sign up and get picked from all of the signups for that day.

Disney Tokyo has a system where you scan your ticket and then the machine will give you a pass or let you know you didn't get one. That system is good b/c there isn't a mad rush, you do it when you can when your ready to do the attraction.

I see people talking about getting (XX) boarding group and being up set about it and others getting a higher # group and they are happy. Does a lower boarding group mean anything? I thought they called (for some silly reason) boarding groups out of order.

I see people talking about getting (XX) boarding group and being up set about it and others getting a higher # group and they are happy. Does a lower boarding group mean anything? I thought they called (for some silly reason) boarding groups out of order.
They call them in order, starting at #1. Lower group equals earlier ride time. Higher means that if the ride is not performing, you wait longer or have the chance that you might not ride.

Another question....

I live in Indiana, I am about to book our trip at the end of this month. Once I book the trip and schedule my park reservations can I then actually join a boarding group from my home? I have been testing my timing every day at 7am but it only lets me join, and join again, and it gets to my "party members" screen (just me for now). I have never been given an error or not allowed to get to the add members of my group screen. Once I book the trip will I be able to go farther and actually book a boarding group?

Another question....

I live in Indiana, I am about to book our trip at the end of this month. Once I book the trip and schedule my park reservations can I then actually join a boarding group from my home? I have been testing my timing every day at 7am but it only lets me join, and join again, and it gets to my "party members" screen (just me for now). I have never been given an error or not allowed to get to the add members of my group screen. Once I book the trip will I be able to go farther and actually book a boarding group?
Even when practicing you should be able to hit Join-Join-Join and then get a message saying either you don’t have a park reservation (meaning you would have been successful) or all BGs are full. When you practice, don’t even look to see who’s checked, just hit Join. When you practice, no one will be checked because no one has ticket/park pass for the practice day. Having resort reservations and tickets/park passes for future dates doesn’t matter. You won’t get a BG on practice days.

Another question....

You may practice ahead of time but you may not actually try to get a BG until the day of your park reservation. Boarding Groups are released at 7 AM and 1 PM each day for guests who have a park reservation for that day.

Note, to try and get a BG at 1 PM you must have a park reservation and have entered DHS prior to 1 PM.

I had gotten group 27 in January. We were able to ride MMRR and all the TSL rides before our group was called. In my opinion, getting one higher than 25 or 30 is best as it allows you time to hit rides at their lowest wait times, then head over to RotR. Some would prefer to do that ride right away.

You may practice ahead of time but you may not actually try to get a BG until the day of your park reservation. Boarding Groups are released at 7 AM and 1 PM each day for guests who have a park reservation for that day.

Note, to try and get a BG at 1 PM you must have a park reservation and have entered DHS prior to 1 PM.

Okay. I have been "practicing" every day at 7am before I head to work. I just wondered if it let you do it completely as long as you have a package booked. But I guess that would be stupid since too many people would be filling up the boarding groups from their homes with no way to actually ride. LOL

Okay. I have been "practicing" every day at 7am before I head to work. I just wondered if it let you do it completely as long as you have a package booked. But I guess that would be stupid since too many people would be filling up the boarding groups from their homes with no way to actually ride. LOL
LOL! Exactly!!

1PM BGs seemed to take longer to fill today so hopefully more got them. I was able to successfully practice almost 5 times which isn’t the norm. It took almost a full minutes for BGs to fill!

Park doesn’t seem terribly crowded compared to yesterday. I’m hanging out in One Man’s Dream and have seen a lot of people leaving.

I tried for a 7am boarding group yesterday and was trying just as my phone's clock turned 7 and did not make it (from our Airbnb in Melbourne). Tried again at 1 and pretty much everyone in our area got a BG. We were 141 and got called right at 5pm (the ride had a little downtime around 4-430 or it probably would have been earlier). This was a non-Disney beach trip and we decided on Friday last week to see if we could score park passes for 1 day with our no expiration tickets (my girls still have 6 days left, I just used my first day of 10), so I was super happy we got to ride.

Went 2 for 3 last week and was grabbing them for all of our party of 18. The day we didn't get it my phone hiccupped for a second. Amazing how many people I saw out at 7 am in the Crescent lake area. A lot standing on the bridges b/c they thought they higher they were would help versus people just on the boardwalks. And you could immediately tell by facial reactions who got it and who didn't. Phenomenal ride but hope they figure out a system where most can get a chance to ride it. One time we went on it two of the other vehicles were empty. Perhaps they were working out kinks as it had went down earlier in the day. They also skipped the entire preshow our second time. If that was my only time on it, I would have been annoyed.

When we were at Disney in March, we were wanting a higher number on our second day. Our group was tired and we wanted to get some extra sleep. We had gotten #3 the first day. But we ended up with #4 the second day. So we had get up and get moving anyway.

This trip we got #28 the first day which was called around 10. That was perfect, because we had already done several rides that morning. But today we got #67, so we didn’t get called until almost 1:00. Then the line was wrapped all through the queue outside. It really didn’t take that long, but it was definitely a first for us. The other 3 times (which were all in the morning), we walked straight inside with no wait.

So it doesn’t really matter what number you want, it seems assigned very randomly. I count myself lucky that we even got a BG, since they are so hard to get. But the lower the number, the better shot you get to ride...if there are any malfunctions that day.

Got BG 33 today. 2 for 2. :)

So the button just lights up at 7am? We’re here this week as well and got groups 75/83, which have both boarded between noon and 1pm. Not complaining but I feel I’m loosing a few seconds by constantly refreshing(pulling down screen) at 6:50 and on. We are doing a Rise only day tomorrow and swimming the rest of the day, I’d love to get a low boarding group for our last day! But I must admit just waiting makes me so nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter