Ready for Villas at AKL!

TimB

Earning My Ears
This past Saturday my DW and I had dinner with friends at the AKL. We ate at Jiko's and the food was in a word.... magnificent!! After dinner we toured the lodge and viewed the animals in the compound. This is truely a wonderful facility. If it's true, as I have heard, that the blueprints for a DVC resort at AKL are already drawn and in a drawer somewhere, I say "let's get those earth movers going!" If you're staying at any DVC resort at WDW, I highly recommed making dinner reservations and checking out the AKL. It's great!

I second that motion!! :D
We stayed at akl for grand opening, ate at Boma (not able to get into Jiko). It was wonderful also. The grounds are beautiful, rooms great, cm's excellent! We never left this resort during our 3 day trip. Would love to add on to vacation club at this resort.

We also had the opportunity to view AKL this last weekend. We were very impressed with the decor and theming. We stayed at the new GC in CA and find AKL alot more themed and more special touches. We feel it has more than WLV too (IOHO). This would make a great next site - by then points will be $99 or be a part of DVC2!!

The only problem I have with "add-on" resorts like VWL and BCV and possibly AKL is that the DVC portion is separate from the "lodge" area. It just doesn't feel right to me somehow- and we added on at VWL. I'm more in favor of entirely new DVC resoert.

If they indeed drafted the plans for the DVC element at the same time the plans for the basic lodge were drawn maybe they've resolved the "add-on" feeling. I would think that the DVC-AKL must have the same elements as the main lodge to be successful, i.e. direct views of the animal savannah. Any building just ticked into a corner, such as the VWL and VBC, won't be the same. Let's hope they did some good pre-planning on this one.

We stayed at AKL when it opened and ate at BOMA-we returned last week just for dinner as we were staying at VWL. BOMA is fantastic-we plan to return again in August. We loved AKL and thought perhaps it would be great place for DVC. It would need the uniqueness of AKL incorporated into it-it is why people love AKL and what would motivate them to invest there. We have enjoyed the connected DVC's as the lodges have had great facilities. However, we have not yet stayed at OKW. I thought VWL had more of an 'at home' feel as there were several DVC reminders-I would like to see more of that at BWV which is our home resort [which we love].

Haven't been to the AKL yet but plan on it soon...your post makes me want to be there RIGHT now! ;)

We toured AKL and ate at Jiko's in May. Agree, the lodge is beautiful, and the food was fantastic. We enjoyed walking around the grounds and checking out all the different viewing areas guests see from their rooms. I think it would be great to have a DVC site here, but have to agree, would the DVC villa's would need a view of the animals too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter