Really 8am or after 8am?

pangyal

#TeamSven
Hi all,

I’m hoping that someone can save me a call to IT :).

For the past five mornings, I have been attempting to book our home resort for next April. I use the Atomic Clock app and click on Continue right when it turns to 8am. However, I have recently been getting a pop up that says that I cannot book this resort until September 4 (that would be the 7-month window). I am trying to book Jambo with Jambo points, not Kidani, so I’ve ruled out that particular glitch.

My question is: Should I be waiting a second or two after 8am to hit Continue? I make sure not to click it before 8am as that’s gotten me into trouble before with the system not clearing the “early” search, but I’m thinking of Rise of the Resistance boarding groups where the advice was to count to one or two seconds after 8am in order for the system to register the time changeover to “open”.

Any advice is appreciated!

I have found it depends on the browers.

On chrome if I logged in at 7:59 search the dates I wanted and hit continue after 8am It would give me the error that I was booking outside my window. I even tried to search at 7:59 and choose Savannah view at 8:01 and it gave me the error.

If I tried it on Internet explorer i was able to search for the dates I wanted at 7:59 and right at 8am I could hit continue and it would be bookable.

I found this out after I kept getting blocked out of Value 2 Bedrooms for Xmas.

I have found it depends on the browers.

On chrome if I logged in at 7:59 search the dates I wanted and hit continue after 8am It would give me the error that I was booking outside my window. I even tried to search at 7:59 and choose Savannah view at 8:01 and it gave me the error.

If I tried it on Internet explorer i was able to search for the dates I wanted at 7:59 and right at 8am I could hit continue and it would be bookable.

I found this out after I kept getting blocked out of Value 2 Bedrooms for Xmas.
Thank you so much! I had the same issue with Chrome and was hoping Safari would do the trick, but no.

May I ask- did you get the same seven-month window error?

Thank you so much! I had the same issue with Chrome and was hoping Safari would do the trick, but no.

May I ask- did you get the same seven-month window error?

I don't remember what the error said. It was the same error as if I tried to book 11month + 1 min out.

I have gotten that but it let me keep going and sure enough, i was able to get booked

For me, as long as I waited until 8:00 and 15 seconds, I was fine on chrome. I always had it open in incognito mode ready to search just in case though.

I have gotten that but it let me keep going and sure enough, i was able to get booked
That’s interesting! How were you able to continue? Mine is just a pop up that gives the option to close or start a new search.

That’s interesting! How were you able to continue? Mine is just a pop up that gives the option to close or start a new search.

When I got it, it had a next button. However, are you getting just the message you are outside your window or actually giving your a 7 month date?

When searching right at 11 months, if the room disappears between book and the checking to make sure it’s available you get that message because it shifts for first date to the next day and thus, you get the outside window.

For example, if you choose a value studio today and then when you hit book, you get the message, it’s now searching from April 5th, and not the 4th because it’s gone already.

When I got it, it had a next button. However, are you getting just the message you are outside your window or actually giving your a 7 month date?

When searching right at 11 months, if the room disappears between book and the checking to make sure it’s available you get that message because it shifts for first date to the next day and thus, you get the outside window.

For example, if you choose a value studio today and then when you hit book, you get the message, it’s now searching from April 5th, and not the 4th because it’s gone already.

I am getting the message with a specific seven month date. For example, today it told me I would have to come back and book on September 4 for an April 4 booking.

I am getting the message with a specific seven month date. For example, today it told me I would have to come back and book on September 4 for an April 4 booking.

That isn’t the exact same one then I got when it allowed me to keep going. Hmmm. I’m at a loss.

The message one should receive if the room is gone is that it's unavailable and allow a waitlist. It shouldn't be searching a day ahead and tell you that you're outside your booking window.

Sorry pangyal - I have no advice although I've run into similar issues at times and unfortunately the system seems to produce error messages that aren't actually applicable so you don't know what the problem is.

Last edited:
The message one should receive if the room is gone is that it's unavailable and allow a waitlist. It shouldn't be searching a day ahead and tell you that you're outside your booking window.

Sorry pangyal - I have no advice although I've run into similar issues at times and unfortunately the system seems to produce error messages that aren't actually applicable so you don't know what the problem is.

I agree that should be the message but it is not. It says you are outside your window, which is misleading to the member,

I've had success clicking at *exactly* 8:00 AM and getting hard to get rooms like AKL Value and Concierge. I usually either use my iPhone or Chrome in an Incognito window to make sure I don't have any cookie issues.

Do you put in the dates, room types, and resorts and wait or do you go one step past that where it shows availability? I keep getting to the final check box and boom... 7 dwarves. Then once I get back, room is gone.

Do you put in the dates, room types, and resorts and wait or do you go one step past that where it shows availability? I keep getting to the final check box and boom... 7 dwarves. Then once I get back, room is gone.
Yes, I always go all the way to where I can hover over Continue and click right at 8am. It’s never been an issue up until recently. I feel like seeing the 7D is a regular part of my day at this point, like a Zoom meeting with work.

Yes, I always go all the way to where I can hover over Continue and click right at 8am. It’s never been an issue up until recently. I feel like seeing the 7D is a regular part of my day at this point, like a Zoom meeting with work.
At this point, you really should contact member service before what you want is not available.

Had my modification ready before 8. Got the out of booking window” start over/refresh screen. Did that maybe 4 times. By the time I got back to the hit continue, the room was gone🙁

Last edited:
Has anyone had any success on this recently? I’ve tried every method possible at 8am for a value studio AKL 11 month window but everytime I get the dreaded “outside booking window” and the 7 month mark date I can book at :worship: (own at AKV and using points in UY booking reservation in) using iPhone safari

Has anyone had any success on this recently? I’ve tried every method possible at 8am for a value studio AKL 11 month window but everytime I get the dreaded “outside booking window” and the 7 month mark date I can book at :worship: (own at AKV and using points in UY booking reservation in) using iPhone safari
I got a value 2 bedroom on my
iPhone just a few days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter