• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Really excited about the DCL rumors

Verandah Man

I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Kevin,

Thanks for the "rumor" announcements for the summer of 2009 and 2010, although the summer of 2010 would be out of the question for me, I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the summer of 2009 and cruising Alaska!!! :goodvibes

Looks like my retirement just got pushed back even farther.............:rotfl:

Andy, I am with you on Alaska....I have always wanted to do Alaska and now that Disney may going there, I am in!!!

Love the new rumors.

I glad the new ship name rumors are pretty much what everyone has been speculating all along....love the new names!!!

:wave: MJ,

I so hope I can pull one of the Alaska cruises off. I had friends do two cruises to Alaska and they got the bug in me to go there, going with DCL would make it extra special!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Now, it's time to get back to work so I can start saving up for it............:laughing:

Kevin

Heard anything on this about when any official announcements would be made?

Alaska...oh yeah! After all the rumors about Northern Europe (which I'm not interested in), I'm really looking forward to that one.

I am so loving the Asia rumors!! There's probably no way for us to be able to go, considering that we don't know when we're traveling to China for our adoption anyway! We will probably be traveling at some point in 2009. I'm not sure that we could save up that much so fast!

How neat would that be though, if they offered this special itinerary maybe once a year or even every other year, so that, in a few years, we could take our daughter back to China so that she can see where she came from! What a way to see your homeland!! Yeah...wishful thinking...

;)

There were articles in the newspaper last week about different ports vying for DCL business and one of the ones mentioned was the port of Seattle.

This would go along with the Alsaska rumor for next year. Making thr trip from the Port of Los Angeles would require longer cruises. The port of Seattle would allow for 7 day sailings.

Like Pete said, if they go to Asia, I am THERE! :thumbsup2

Me too!!

I have to add that I really enjoyed the Podcast - the whole segment not just the rumors. I subsribed to it thru my itunes so, I can continue to enjoy more of them.:)

Isn't it funny, my DW is making salmon for dinner, salmon from Alaska I might add, and she didn't even know about the DCL rumor about Alaska when she decided we would be having this for dinner tonight...............:lmao:

Good podcast,

The thing is it conflicts with what Captain Tom told us and other Med cruises in the summer, his response to Alaska- ''too cold'', he said, ''What about Northern Europe'' and re the MED, we will be back, -but no time-line.

Now I know DCL like to play with us, but he seemed very positive on these comments!

Dh and I have been planning on cruising on DCL for our 10th anniversary in 2010 (with the kids). Now we will have to decide between Eastern Caribbean, Alaska or the Far East. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads up!

Just heard the rumour and had to skip on over to the DIS to find out more details.

:cool1:

There were articles in the newspaper last week about different ports vying for DCL business and one of the ones mentioned was the port of Seattle.

This would go along with the Alsaska rumor for next year. Making thr trip from the Port of Los Angeles would require longer cruises. The port of Seattle would allow for 7 day sailings.

Hi Kevin,
Would you be able to post the link from the newspaper? I wonder if there was any mention of it in a media outside of Orlando?

Okay, I will call the rain Gods off.:rotfl: The news was awesome. I am going to have to get a second job. :eek:

I haven't cruised before but I'm sooo in for Alaska especially with DCL. I may have to go back to work.

I can only say when my DH and I were listening to the Podcast tonight and then I showed him this post, he about flipped out from excitement! To think that a Disney ship could be docked in our "backyard" is too much!! :yay:

I have been waiting and hoping for DCL to do Alaska. I will find a way!:cool1:

Verandah Man, maybe we will meet you on one of those!!

I have been waiting and hoping for DCL to do Alaska. I will find a way!:cool1:

Verandah Man, maybe we will meet you on one of those!!

You just might, you never know...................;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter