Reasons not to stay at BWV as listed by CAROLMN

the bus service that we pay for but we are the last on the bus.

#101 now that the smoking rooms are WAY DOWN the looong haaall waaay by the tennnnnis coooourts ( boy I got tired just saying that, imagine walking that far:crazy: ) I just refuse to stay there anymore. Maybe go to OKW where there's free parking and fresh air.:eek: :eek:

I have to agree about the BW noise, unless you're on the 6th or 7th floor you can still hear those loud people below.:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

We did see a Large bug run out from under one of the suit cases. My DD's freaked out and we called the front desk - they sent pest control but said there wasn't much they could do unless they knew what it was. We got the crawlies for awhile but relaxed later and never saw the bug again. We could see why there were bugs - our neighbors slept with their patio doors open all night.

Originally posted by paults

#101 now that the smoking rooms are WAY DOWN the looong haaall waaay by the tennnnnis coooourts ( boy I got tired just saying that, imagine walking that far:crazy: ) I just refuse to stay there anymore. Maybe go to OKW where there's free parking and fresh air.:eek: :eek:

I have to agree about the BW noise, unless you're on the 6th or 7th floor you can still hear those loud people below.:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:
Oh I forgot all about the smoking rooms being moved! That is a good one Paul!!! Now all the rooms at BWV with the good views are going to be a smoking problem. Because the people that want the view and are also smokers will now smoke on their balcony, as instructed to and completely allowed by Disney. So now there will not be a balcony with a good view to be had, that will be free from the immediate life threathening and far, far reaching effects of someone smoking on their balcony. This will be especially bad on the boardwalk view balconies--so definitely avoid them at ALL costs!!::yes::

First the bad:

Arrived late so check in was no problem. Got a 1BDR dedicated, standard view, room 3002. This is the very last room in the hallway from hell (very long hallway). It is right next to a member room called The Attic (I bet many of you do not even know of this room). When the bellman came with our luggage, I asked him what the Attic was. He told me that it was a very nice member lounge room, but it was so far away from anything, that BWV closed it down because no members would ever walk this far to visit it!!!! Lucky us, we get to spend the next 9 days walking to The Attic. The room was OK (remember, I had never seen a DVC room in person before), but to be honest I was disappointed. After months of reading great posts on these boards about the luxury of DVC rooms, and the fact that it was tied to a Deluxe Hotel, I was really expecting a nicer room. We were missing a lot of things; all the coffee supplies, sponge and soap, some utensils. Also, the bathroom sink stopper was broken, called and asked them to fix it, which they did. While they were there, I started the tub (in the other bathroom) to give the kids a bath, and when I turned on the jacuzzi, water went flying everwhere!!! Engineering came in and said that all of the pressure valves were not working properly, so he fixed that too. Then I spent the next 30 minutes soaking up water. 2 of the 4 burners on the stove didn't work, the fridge was broken (but the freezer worked), stains on the countertops, several lights were burnt out, and to top it off, when my son opened the door to go on the balcony, the valance cover fell off and hit him in the head!! Not a good start to our first DVC visit!!!! The biggest thing that really got us though was no "Welcome Home's" from anyone. Now I know this may seem silly, but we have seen that DVC video so many times (you know the one that shows a greeter saying Welcome Home to everyone) that we were really looking forward to it. The Bus service to Animal Kingdom was terrible, and MK wasn't much better. When we stayed offsite, I was able to get there quicker using the hotel bus (non-Disney

There were a few issues with the bathroom (a loose door knob, mold in the shower and a toilet that didn't fill up enough so that it would flush).

The only negative with this room was the noise (I suppose each room has some type of noise). It seemed like there was ALWAYS some type of bus parked and running outside the valet area. I am guessing these were for the Conventioneers at the Boardwalk Inn. We never heard the Disney busses (as they are further away). And, every nite between 1-2 AM (when ESPN and JellyRolls close), we could hear revelers returning to their parked cars in the lots. The sidewalk isn’t far from the balconies here and I woke up almost nightly to the sounds of people laughing and talking. Not a big deal, as I fell immediately back to sleep, but wanted to post if this would be bothersome to someone else. We, however, did not have the AC going (the weather was just too nice). I think with the AC running, the white noise may have kept the noise level down - our doors were shut at nite). Next time I’d like to try something way further down from the elevators. I think it would be less noisy. Our children are bigger now and the walk won’t bother us.

The MS guy was not very nice (no welcome home) but he gave a room at 9 AM. How hard is it to say “Welcome Home

I just love this thread. It's the first time my name has appeared in the subject of a DIS thread! I must finally really belong! Hurray! Thanks for starting it, pmcpmc and thanks to all who replied and will reply. It's good to laugh!

OK. What number reason are we up to, anyway?

Did anyone mention the ducks? I know they swim in the pools at night (and probably do other things there, too ;) ::yes:: ). In the early mornings, they waddle up to the first floor patios and quack a lot. Very annoying!

And even though you can walk to EPCOT, it isn't safe to walk. If the crazy people on the surrey bikes don't get you, the Alfred Hitchcock seasgulls surely will!

:p :p

Cons-
Noise in the mornings from power washing and at night for a bit from bar crowd coming home.
Bus system Coming back from parks, too many stops.

There was some checking going on of the housekeeping work as a supervisor came in the room when I was there - she did not kock - no damage done as I was still decent - she apologised and turned to leave and I said it was ok to check around.

Im jumping on the bandwagon on the resort we stayed 3 times in 2 years .
1) Again location! location! location!
2)The Boardwalk is just steps away
3)DVC Game room is great and free
4) You can see MGM and Epcot from resort
5)Way to easy to leave the parks and come back later
6)The Kiester AKA Clown slide is awesome and our favorite pool to hang around and have fun
I could go on and on but why it's great we know it's top dog as resorts go.
The only drawback is yes getting a Boardwalk view or the standard rooms is common but who cares.I like the pool view rooms and the bottom floor rooms make it easy to hang out at the pool and get something from the kitchen when you hear COME AND GET-IT.
But then that's only the view from the tiggerguy2000:rockband: :space: :thewave:

Originally posted by tiggerguy2000
Im jumping on the bandwagon on the resort we stayed 3 times in 2 years .
1) Again location! location! location!( poor location)
2)The Boardwalk is just steps away(too noisey)
3)DVC Game room is great and free(too many long haired teenagers)
4) You can see MGM and Epcot from resort(need binoculars)
5)Way to easy to leave the parks and come back later(on the poor boat service)
6)The Kiester AKA Clown slide is awesome and our favorite pool to hang around and have fun(frightens the kids)
I could go on and on but why we know it's a dog's resort.
But then that's only the view from the tiggerguy2000:rockband: :space: :thewave:

Originally posted by pumpkinboy
No direct buses to Epcot or MGM :p You have to walk or take a boat.

I don't get it.....you want to take a bus? So lets get this straight.....you don't want to walk, but once you get there you are walking! You don't want to take the boat? Sit back relax (thats why you are at WDW) enjoy the scenery!

Won't have the pleasure of engaging in a lovely happy conversation with either Pa@okw or Richyams by the pool.

Bedbugs.
Exeptionally looooooooooong hallways.
Looong walks to parking.
Scary Clown slide.
Noisy.
Bad views if you don't get Boardwalk view.
Teeeny, tiny rooms.
Bad housekeeping.
Self - Parking lots always full.
Nasty, rude CMs
Long waits for the bus. Crowded buses. Poor bus service.
thieving birds

There must be more! Please! Somebody help me out!

OK....I love BWV haven't ever stayed any where else....

BedBugs...OK could really do without getting these little visitors during any trip...lucky haven't had any

Exceptionally Looooooooong hallways. My rooms have always been on the MGM side...so it makes for a great short cut to MGM down the back stairs....otherwise don't really notice

scary clown Slide ugly yes....scary not really

Noisy. only if you get one of those aweful Boardwalk views

Bad views if you don't get Boardwalk view. I only get Standard view and I have loved ALL my views (inlcuding the driveway...love watching people) well except that time I paid to stay at BWV and got a boardwalk view...very loud

Teeeny, tiny rooms. I've only stayed at BWV so can't compare to other DVC resorts...but it sure as hell beats 2 rooms at CBR, or a FW Cabin.

Bad housekeeping. I've always had excellent housekeeping...

Self - Parking lots always full. I've had a car at almost every time of year and while the parking lot can get crowded, I've never had to spend more then about 1 min. trying to find a spot...even at Christmas.

Nasty, rude CMs the reason I don't every want to stay anywhere else are the bonds that my family has formed with many of the CM's at BWV...I think the BWV CM's are the best.

Long waits for the bus. Crowded buses. Poor bus service. OK got to give ya the bus one...the bus situations has been difficult some times....

thieving birds fortunately I've never been a victim

Originally posted by Sammie
Might run into wdwdvcdad and his special brand of sarcasm, :)
Oh, I don't know about that............
On 1 count, he, (wdwdvcdad) has a very valid point, as far as we are concerned. ::yes::

Two more...

* same noisy fireworks outside the window EVERY NIGHT!

** keep running into people who don't understand the original intent of this post:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter