Recent changes to EP country passport requirements

TXTransplant

DIS Veteran
Hopefully ABD is getting this info out there, but in case not...

I've been following a few blogs in anticipation for our upcoming trip to Italy. I just read a post that said the passport requirement in Italy recently changed from 3 months of validity to 6 months. Meaning, if you want to travel in Italy, your passport must have at least 6 months before it expires. France also has a 6 month requirement. Germany remains unchanged at 3 months.

ABD shares this with everyone that books an Adventure and has for quite some time.

I figured they did, but I don't off they top of my head recall how the change was shared (apparently it happened sometime late last year or early this year) because it doesn't affect me. Can't hurt to remind people, though.

France, Germany and Italy are all part of Schengen Region, so you would expect all countries to have the exact same passport requirement. However, they do have some country-specific requirements, particularly passport validity requirements. For this reason, the US Government recommends 6-month validity. I suspect all countries will eventually raise the requirement to 6-month.

At the moment, you could fly into Germany with only 4-months validity, then travel on to Italy without your passport even being checked for the new minimum.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/go/schengen-fact-sheet.html

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter