Recent reviews of my ADR choices?

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
Few places we haven't been to and I am thinking about trying this June. Any opinions?

Liberty Tree tavern
Boma
Chef Art Smiths
Tiffins
Sci Fi

We will be on DDP for 16 days, if you were very impressed with any meals, 1 or 2tc please share your recommendations

we are also trying California Grill brunch for first time

The only one I've been to on your list is Sci-Fi. The food is good (not great) but it's the atmosphere that makes it. Yes, it's dimly lit. Yes, if you're a smaller party, you might be put in the back of another party's car. I don't think it's the best use of a DDP TS credit (if you care about that) because prices there are on the lower-end for TS. Last time we went DS was 9 and he loved sitting in a car to eat, he loved the burger he had and thought the funny clips were great. I think it's worth a visit, at least once. :) Hope that info helps!

PS - all of the reviews I've seen about Tiffins are positive. It's on my list along with Boma for our next trip.

Tiffins is excellent, its quality over quantity in terms of food. That said, portions are smaller then other Disney restaurants, which is fine for us.

We go to Sci Fi every year. The food is good, not outstanding but we love the atmosphere! It has become our tradition. We did a Boma dinner once and thought the food was good and they had plenty to pick from. Not outstanding food but good. The place was crowded is the only thing I didn't like.

Boma is one of our favorites (both breakfast and dinner) - it is typically a must-do for us on all of our trips and has been one of son's favorite restaurants since he was about 10. I really enjoy Liberty Tree Tavern but my husband and son can take it or leave it. I think it's fun to have a Thanksgiving like meal in Liberty Square. Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' is one of our new favorite restaurants. Everything we have ordered there has been fantastic!! Tiffins is someplace we haven't tried yet but it is on of list of places to try the next time we go. I haven't been to Sci-Fi either. Years ago it used to get absolutely terrible reviews - like the worst restaurant on WDW property kinds of reviews consistently. But lately I have seen many positive reviews for it. I am a bit hesitant because of the older reviews but we will probably give it a try at some point because it sounds like a fun atmosphere.

Stick to burgers at Sci Fi and you’ll be happy there.

I’m in the minority on this board in that we hated Boma’s food. Everything tasted like it was doused in cinnamon.

I think the California Grill brunch sounds awesome. Unlimited mimosas and a ticket to come back at night and see the fireworks from the roof top observation deck—how can you go wrong?

Stay away from Spirit of Aloha and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. The food and shows are lame. If you want to do a dinner show, pick the Hoop Dee Do.

Hope you have a great trip. :)

We went to Sci Fi last week. Fun atmosphere. We were a couple, sitting in the back row of a car with two other groups of two in front of us. It's pretty dark in there. I might be weird, but I didn't like that I couldn't really see what I was eating too well. If I am eating meat (which I was) I like to be able to see how well it's cooked and it was hard to tell. But not a huge deal and it didn't ruin my experience any. We both had burgers. They were just okay. Not the best burger I've had, but it was alright. I got the cucumbers on the side - hated that. Should have stuck with fries. We also got milkshakes - they were pretty standard. Not bad, not exceptionally outstanding. It was fun to go and check it out. But we really enjoyed the environment more than the food. It's a one and done for us.

Service was good. We had a reservation and we waited not even two minutes before being seated.

Top of the list for me would be Boma and Tiffins. I also enjoyed LLT, but I'm kind of a history geek so the Colonial American ambiance had something to do with it. For Boma I always head over early enough to chill out and enjoy AKL. (And hi!)

Love Tiffins. many have felt the portions were small. We have never left hungry.
LTT - good comfort food, enjoyed the meal. Dessert was amazing!
Haven't been to Boma for a few years, we enjoyed it them, no idea if it has changed much.
Sci-Fi as others have said. It s just fun. Stick to the burgers, fries and milk shakes and you should be happy.

I like Boma, Sci Fi and LTT. At Sci Fi we get burgers and they’re good.
Not sure if you’re interested in character dining but Tusker House is really good and there’s a huge selection of food.
We ate at Via Napoli last week and I really enjoyed it. I ordered the salmon.

I think the California Grill brunch sounds awesome. Unlimited mimosas and a ticket to come back at night and see the fireworks from the roof top observation deck—how can you go wrong?

Wait......really?!?!?! Would we be out of place if we brought our 6 year old twins to brunch there?

Wait......really?!?!?! Would we be out of place if we brought our 6 year old twins to brunch there?

If your twins can handle being there for 2.5 hours, you’ll be fine. I am planning to be there in May with 3 toddlers and a baby.

We actually did LTT, Boma, and sci fi for the first time last year.

LTT-we did dinner and I thought it was pretty bad and very expensive. Food tasted very processed and the service was unbelievably slow.
Boma-food was just good (not great or bad). We were staying at akl so it made sense otherwise I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat there.
Sci fi-I really enjoyed the sci fi restaurant for lunch. I had a burger, fries, and then dh and I shared a milkshake. It’s dark in there but I loved the atmosphere and our server was great!

All of these were paid out of pocket.

Few places we haven't been to and I am thinking about trying this June. Any opinions?

Liberty Tree tavern
Boma
Chef Art Smiths
Tiffins
Sci Fi

We will be on DDP for 16 days, if you were very impressed with any meals, 1 or 2tc please share your recommendations

Of those mentioned, we went to Tiffins in Dec. The food and service were great, but the price was very high, and the portions very small! Dh & I are not huge eaters, but we both needed a snack not long after we'd eaten. We have no plans to return. When lunch for two, with tip, was just shy of $100, and you're still hungry, it's way too expensive for us.

Great choices!

Liberty Tree Tavern is a must-do for us. I highly recommend the Pot Roast or the Patriot's Platter (the Pot Roast comes with it).

Homecomin' is excellent. My DH and I love the fried chicken. We actually split a meal between us and were stuffed (and my DH is a big eater!). We shared the fried chicken platter and asked for all breasts, acknowledging there would be a slight upcharge. We really love the Chicken and Dumpling soup there.

We had Brunch at the Top at California Grill with the DDP. It was marvelous. We felt so fancy! The buffet was great, but we loved our entrees, too. We tried the steak, lobster omelette, and blueberry pancakes. All were wonderful. It was a little confusing to find the restaurant (that would be my only complaint!). Make sure you are really, really hungry. You can request to take the dessert home (macarons, chocolate bark, etc.).

Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian is always a home run for us, and it was so fun to use the DDP there. We felt like we were really splurging! We ordered steak and the full steamed lobster. We also shared (as our desserts) the cheese plate and almond-crusted cheesecake. Timing dinner with the fireworks is magical! I highly recommend it, especially if you are a fan of lobster!

Tiffins is excellent food and service, was plenty for us and nice to not feel so stuffed-being on the DDP leads to that a lot!

Homecomin' is really good, appetizers and dessert are exceptional.

California Grill Brunch is probably the best dining experience we've ever had at Disney in 17 years of trips. See Josh's review at easywdw.com lots of pictures that are helpful there.

I always recommend Biergarten for a fun and different experience. Wonderful authentic German food, live entertainment, and great atmosphere. We never miss it!

Liberty Tree tavern I really like lunch here, just because you can choose what you prefer, and its less cost
Boma AM and PM meal both very good. AM meal is a little more laid back
Chef Art Smiths N/O but friends really like
Tiffins Friends went, said food was really good, but amount of food vs. price would keep them away next time
Sci Fi Its been a few yrs but I wasn't impressed. Prefer 50s PTC if eating at HS

Here are our must do places after 30 plus trips, granted, we can't fit em all in on shorter trips, but we manage to get them worked in most times
50s PTC, The Wave(breakfast or lunch), Trails End(breakfast), Kona(all meals), San Angel Inn(though last time, it was off a bit), Rose n Crown, Nine Dragons(Honey Sesame Chicken), Biergarten, Olivias(all meals) among many others

I loved Tiffins. We are going back on our next trip. I would also recommend Sanaa.

We are trying the Edison on our next trip but not sure if they take the dining plan

We were just at WDW 01/20-01/27/18. Below are thoughts I posted on another thread regarding Chef Art's Homecoming and California Grill Brunch. Those are the only two on your list that we have been to.

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' - Disney Springs - this was the first meal we had on the day we arrived. We had a 3:30pm ADR, but showed up a half hour early and they were able to seat us. Had the fried chicken sandwich and mac and cheese side. Meal was very good and the restaurant atmosphere was very laid back. Would definitely recommend.

California Grill Brunch - The Contemporary - The food, service, atmosphere and view all excellent. However, still not sure it is worth the price tag. Was a little disappointed that the unlimited mimosas were not traditional mimosas. Instead they were champagne with pearls filled with blueberries and juice. It was hard to get a good taste of the champagne and berry flavor mixed. I did not think to ask if we could substitute those for traditional mimosas, so I do not know if that was an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter