Recent Scooterbug experience/ suggestions

kittehkay

Earning My Ears
I’m looking to rent a scooter for 4 days and my #1 priority is price. Scooterbug is the cheapest option between them, Gold, and Buena Vista. I’m not planning on using it the entire time so I’m not too worried about longevity. I was hoping to see if anyone has had any recent experiences with them or if someone had any other suggestions.

Delivery costs are fixed. For a short rental they are a large part of the cost. Scooterbug uses bell services. Less expensive operationally.

Will you have a vehicle? Call and ask about discounts for non delivered.

Scooterbug is going to be cheaper. They wouldn't be in business if the few members posting issues is typical

Last edited:
I never hear about Walker anymore. Before I purchased my first ECV, I used to rent from Walker when Disney allowed them to deliver to their resorts. I was happy with Walker.
I used them last year and they were great! :thumbsup2 Cherilyn assisted us in booking and she was so helpful! They've got brand new equipment and I got complimented by others as I rode my scooter at the park. Battery lasted all day and I got to charge my phone on their usb ports and even had a fancy cellphone holder.

I used them last year and they were great! :thumbsup2 Cherilyn assisted us in booking and she was so helpful! They've got brand new equipment and I got complimented by others as I rode my scooter at the park. Battery lasted all day and I got to charge my phone on their usb ports and even had a fancy cellphone holder.
Took a look at them and wanted to know how your experience was with the scooter drop-off and return? Definitely keeping them “bookmarked” as a possibility for my mom for our trip this fall.

Good to know they’re still around.

In your room. There is plenty of room, even at the Value resorts to pull a rental scooter in, and charge it overnight.

I have to disagree that there is "plenty" of room. I found it challenging to get it into my room at Pop, and have it be both at an outlet and not block up any walking space. It is doable, definitely. But it takes a little work.

I was looking at Walker the other day, and read that they are very limited in the number of scooters they have. I was interested as they say their scooters are water resistant. But I would hate to show up and them not have a scooter for me. If you do a search for them, you can easily find that thread.

Took a look at them and wanted to know how your experience was with the scooter drop-off and return? Definitely keeping them “bookmarked” as a possibility for my mom for our trip this fall.
My experience with the drop off and return was great! The driver was on time within our scheduled delivery and return window and was very professional. Hope this info helps! 😉

I always use Scooterbug (3-4 trips per year for the past 2 or 3 years). I love them. I book it, pick it up at the front desk when I get to the resort, drop it at the front desk when I leave. Soooo easy. I have also found their customer service to be top notch. I am a last-minute resort changer and am always emailing them to change my pick up and drop off location. They email me right back, very quickly. And, like you said, pricing is excellent.

I was looking at Walker the other day, and read that they are very limited in the number of scooters they have. I was interested as they say their scooters are water resistant. But I would hate to show up and them not have a scooter for me. If you do a search for them, you can easily find that thread.
That is why I recommend to book in advance. That's what we did because, we didn't want them to sell out. I was able to continue driving my scooter in the rain :) My Disney day was saved thanks to their scooter.

How far in advance did/do you book?
I did mine 3 weeks in advance because, I like to have everything set and ready as soon as I can lol. If you're looking to book a scooter for the busy season I'd definetly recommend a notice like mines but, if it's for a slower season then you might not need that much of a notice. You can always call them and ask when they recommend you book. They were so informative and helpful each time I called.

I always use Scooterbug (3-4 trips per year for the past 2 or 3 years). I love them. I book it, pick it up at the front desk when I get to the resort, drop it at the front desk when I leave. Soooo easy. I have also found their customer service to be top notch. I am a last-minute resort changer and am always emailing them to change my pick up and drop off location. They email me right back, very quickly. And, like you said, pricing is excellent.
How well do the ECV’s from ScooterBug keep charge? I was talking to them on the phone today and they said it’s about 4-6 hours constantly running. Obvious let it would be turned off when we’re on rides and eating, etc, so I’m wondering if that run time will actually make it a full day? What about charging at the parks? Are there lots of places for that? Thanks!

How well do the ECV’s from ScooterBug keep charge? I was talking to them on the phone today and they said it’s about 4-6 hours constantly running. Obvious let it would be turned off when we’re on rides and eating, etc, so I’m wondering if that run time will actually make it a full day? What about charging at the parks? Are there lots of places for that? Thanks!
Hi there - I plug in my Scooterbug ECV every night. When I'm at the parks, I always turn it off when I am stopped to conserve power. I've never had it run out of charge or had to plug it in at the parks. I do bring the charging cord just in case, and I've noticed that there are usually outlets near the bathrooms. One time I saw the charge indicator start to get low. That happened as I was leaving the park at 1:30 AM at the end of an After Hours event - a longer than normal day.

And to give you an idea - I drive it around a lot. I usually stay at the Grand Floridian. I ride it on the walkway to/from the Magic Kingdom several times a day. I ride it over to the Polynesian and back or to the Contemporary and back. I ride it on laps around the MK just for fun. I don't just bus to a park and ride it at the park. I ride the thing all over the place all day long.

Last edited:
That's what I was worried about when I was looking to book with Scooter Bug and went with Walker Mobility instead so, I didn't have to worry about bringing the charger. I also didn't want to have to worry about looking for outlets in the park to have to charge it.

I used scooter bug last year. For the convenience of having the scooter at the front desk / bell hop. When getting to hotel , and dropping it off the morning of my flight. with other companies I would have to wait for delivery.
I get to explore the resort the day of arrival

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter