recommendations for counter service in DL/DCA

TracyK

DIS Veteran
Please could you recommend good counter service for breakfast and lunch. We will be visiting DL and DCA for 3 days and will be eating breakfast and lunch in both parks.

Thanks

Tracy

Taste Pilots Grill in DCA has great food for breakfast and lunch, and for Disney Land, I would say the Mexican Restaurant in Frontierland for lunch (I can't remember the name!) For Breakfast in DL I would recommend the restaurant in Tomrrowland in Club Buzz (I'm horrible with names..... hopefully someone will know those!) or the Carnation Cafe on Main St. Have fun!

The Mexican place in Frontierland is Rancho del Zocalo and it is excellent. Redd Rockets Pizza Port is also very good in Tomorrowland, try the chicken alfredo pasta! We also like the French Market in New Orleans Square. The Hungry Bear in Critter Country (when it is open) is a nice place to sit and relax on the lake and watch the boats and canoes go by. It is very shaded and has two levels of tables so you can usually find a place to sit. The burgers are pretty good but its the atmosphere we like. My hands down favorite place for a burger in either DCA or DL is definitely Taste Pilots Grill! Not only is the food really good but it is ideal location for Soarin if you are waiting for a fastpass to come up. Award Weiners in DCA has pretty decent hot dogs and fries but there are very few tables and very little shade. We like to eat there at an off time and after dark! One note, all of these places have nice big portions. With 2 adults and 2 kids (one who is 10) we can generally share two adult meals and one kids meal and still might not eat it all.

I have to agree with all of the places that previous posters have mentioned, except for Award Weiners, long story, don't ask! One I haven't seen mentioned yet is the Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA. They have excellent sourdough bread bowls, salads and of course baked goods. It is our favorite counter service place in DCA. Love Redd Rockets pizza in DL as well.

Amy&Dan said:
The Mexican place in Frontierland is Rancho del Zocalo and it is excellent.

another thumbs up for Rancho del Z. We love this place and go there every time we go to DL.

You can't go wrong there. :banana:

There is also the mexican place in DCA that is not bad. My kids would prefer to hit McDonalds though at DCA - they are perfectly happy with a kids meal.

Another Rancho vote here! I love their tortilla soup and my son's favorite is the campfire fries(we love to share those)

We also LOVE the Plaza Inn(huge portions)I LOVE their Cobb salad. mmm.

And we're big on White Water Snacks at the GCH! It's so close to DCA it's like you don't even leave the park!! They have good breakfast and lunch stuff and the BEST plates of fresh fruit!! Also at DCA, the nachos are pretty tasty too, right by Pacific Wharf, can't remember the name of the place.

We just love the Bengal Barbecue right across from Indy. Chicken, beef or veggie kabobs.

Royal Street Veranda, right next to pirates. Steak or veggie gumbo and Chowder in bread bowls.

These are two places we must eat at every visit. The prices are not that bad for Disney.

My favorites in Disneyland are:
Rancho ("the mexican place") for the (vegetarian) Taco Salad (hoping the Tostada Salad they now have is the same)
Plaza Inn for Pasta Marinara
River Belle Terrace for Pancakes.

In DCA
The place next to the Boudin Bread Factory for the Vegetarian Chili Bread Bowl

Our two favorite are the Pizza Palace in Tomorrowland (Great salads) and the little place right next to the Snow White show for bratwurst & kraut. It's not open all the time (after noon when the show is on). They also have great desserts here.

while we are on the subject, my favorite place in WDW is the Pinnoccio House in Fantasyland??Cant think of the name of it, my DDs call it that....They have the best salads with baby greens, chicken, walnuts and peaches . I get one in WDW everytime. I thought I saw on a map a similar looking counter service at DL..........................Im crossing my fingers.

There is a restaurant (counter service) next to the Pinnochio ride. Not sure whats on the menu, you may take a look at the links that were posted on here yesterday. I was very happy after reading that that my taco salad was simply rename the tostada salad.

Link to Menu Thread

The Village Haus has mostly hamburgers I think. It is right across from Casey Jr's Circus Train and near the Pinocchio ride. I have eaten there several times and don't remember seeing that type of salad, maybe I just missed it? You do get a tossed salad with the pizza meal but it is actually pretty crummy, just iceberg lettuce, a cherry tomato and a packet of ranch dressing as I recall. I haven't been to the one in WDW so I can't compare, it sounds like it might be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter