Recommendations for handling phones - beach, pool, spa

smashndash

Earning My Ears
What do you typically do with your phone when going to the pool or beach at Aulani?

Assuming there are lockers at the spa for phones, etc. Just want to confirm that is best option.

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Usually I use a small lock ox that attaches to something bolted down. But, next visit I’m hoping to buy a magic band and just use that for the day.

I use a lunch cooler bag with a luggage lock and attach it to a beach chair with a miniature version of a bike chain. If I don't bring a bag, I use a waterproof pouch with a neck strap.

I just put my phone and room keys in my beach bag. Never had an issue with anyone touching our stuff at Aulani (2 visits) or at the beach.

I wear an Apple Watch Ultra that has cellular service and a magic band. No phones needed.

My wife had a waterproof pouch and it wasn’t 100% sealed and it got water inside while she was on the lazy river without her knowing. We had to dry out the phone for a full day before it would work.

We tuck phone under towel or shirt.

We also use ‘find my’ shared across our apple phones and devices. Really helps keeping tabs on our stuff. We were on a road trip and lost an earbud. Didn’t realize until back on the road 15 minutes. Called up the pizza/gas we were just at. The young lady was soooo kind. We asked if anybody turned it in, she said ‘no, but I’ll look around’ and left us on hold. She checked the restaurant then went out to the pumps and started even looking under cars… and that’s where she found it! We went back for it and thanked her with a finder’s tip. She probably saved its life from getting run over.

We used waterproof phone pouches with a neck strap. We kept our room key card inside the pouch as well.
This. Do not leave it unattended. Room keys etc are fine to leave. But it’s an area very accessible to the public and (though we always felt VERY safe) there is a reasonable amount of petty crime on Oahu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter