Recommended Starting Time

prodogs

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have reservations with 7 other family members for May 26th. I know the official opening time for Discovery Cove is 9pm but what time do you recommend that we arrive at the park to wait in-line?

Also I would appreciate any other comments about getting a good start in the park.

Thanx
Frank

With the limited numbers you won't really face an "in line" experience. If you're there maybe 15-20 minutes before opening there is a really nice reception area where you will be able to go through the preliminaries like issuing you ID, explaining the park and getting your wetsuits etc organised

I'd recommend 08:30am sharp. There will already be a line of people waiting at that time. After you check in/get badges, a host walks you to the snorkle station, where you pick up your gear. If you're not there early, a long line forms of people waiting get to their stuff, because they have to ask each person what size they are for the fins. After you get your gear, you continue to the locker area, where another host helps you with that. Next, you pick up your wet suit in bins next to the beach. The medium and large sizes will be gone if you get there late. Then you are free to pick a spot on the beach and settle in.
Arriving at 09:00 or 09:30am is a big mistake. Get there early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter