Related to my other thread, can you down load the contents of your Ipod

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
into ITUNES on a new computer. I am not able to access my old computer and I'm starting from scratch. And I'm afraid to plug in the Ipod now because I think it will erase everything. HELLLPPPP.

Kim

Are you not able to get to the old computer at all? I did find instructions on moving your music using your iPod in HD mode, but you have to be able to get to your library on your existing machine.

Per the instructions...

"While you can use the Transfer Purchases from iPod option under the File menu to copy iTunes Store purchases from the iPod to another computer, you can't transfer songs from other sources from the iPod library to iTunes, so you'll need to follow the steps below to use iPod as a hard disk to transfer music files from one computer to another."

If you are able to get to the PC, let me know and I can pass along the instructions.

--Daneen

there is software that lets ya do it, but for the life of me I can't think of it at the moment.... google a few times and you'll find it... it is not expensive... but there is not really a simple way to take it all off and put it on a new computer.

I will try to ask them before I buy it. And I'm also hoping to see if any of my computer geek friends can help.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Kim

I investigated it when My PC died and I went MAC. I was told I could if I still had a MAC but because I had a MAC my iPOD would reformat the first time I put it in and it would lose it all. Things may have changed in a year.

Does anyone know of a good software to put my DVDs on my Ipod Touch.

I have tried a few but none seem to work

Thanks

google "handbrake"

there are win and mac versions... it works well for dealing with DVDs to ipods.

I'll second "handbrake" - my dh does it for me and there isn't any swearing involved, so I know it works!;)

Just for anyone who need to get answers to operating system questions... I love this place, great help when my puter was dying, got to save my stuff before it died for good!

http://www.windowsbbs.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter