Relaxation, Disney Style, PTR. ~*TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED! 9/18 Pg. 155*~

Surprised?

No, not really. :lmao:

Happy for you?

::yes::

Congrats on bumping up the trip and creating some pirate time. Of the fly by the seat of your pants variety. Two thumbs way, way up for spontaneity! :thumbsup2

:jumping1: Holy moly crazy lady! 7 days turned into 4! That's just too much fun!!! I love it!!!
Wooo hooo for 4 more days!

So happy for you!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

And praying that your whole family is safe in the storm.

And I am just hopping on to say that. I have got to get some housework done. Abby's party this weekend, family in town, and kids consignment sales to get ready for. And maybe a pedi thrown in for good measure. See y'all tomorrow!

Omigosh Leslie, this is officially the craziest PTR I have ever read. Most of us just think about leaving early, and not actually do it. :laughing: I was a little worried about how crowded Disney might be for you since it sounds like you're getting there on Labor Day Weekend, but ut can't be too crowded if they still have rooms left at Pop.

WOW!!! That is super duper fantastic exciting!!!!!!!!!! Hope none of those swirlies get in your way of Disney fun....... I'll just set up a huge fan to blow them back out to sea ;)

Anyways...I should have called this PTR,

"The Plans Keep on Changing".

Or

"How many times will LL call Disney Reservations?"

Either title certainly fits better than the one I went with because I've made some changes. 7 days out from the trip.

But wait.

We are not at 7 days anymore...

We are at 4 days!!

Yes, folks. That's right. With 7 days to go until our fabulous Disney vacation, I added three nights and changed our flights so that we are now leaving on Sunday. :dance3:

We are adding 3 nights at Pop Century for the AP bargain price of $179 for all three nights. We did have to pay to change our flights since the flights were more expensive...so for a grand total of $280, we are adding three nights on to our trip. Plus food and Marc's park tickets but in my fuzzy Disney math world, those don't count. :rotfl2:

There are a few sacrifices to make.

1. No Magical Express Yellow Tags. They told me I could "describe" my luggage to the ME desk and they could pick it up. No thank you. That nearly gave me an heart attack. So we will have to do the baggage claim thing at MCO.

Surprised?? :rolleyes1

I am so excited for you guys!!! That is awesome! You might as well maximize your time at Disney and $280 is practically free! Just think how much more relaxed you can be on this trip with the extra 3 days. I am forever telling people that the park tickets are practically given away after about day 6 anyhow so I am totally buying this!

I am not sure if I can admit this on here and still keep my DISboard status, but here it goes. I forgot to put the ME stickers on our luggage the last time we went. :scared1: (Please don't get me removed, it was a bit crazy before we left! ;)) I realized it, ohhhhh, somewhere over Kentucky. After panicking most of the flight, I walked up to the ME counter and explained my situation. Like Jill said, we gave them our baggage claim numbers and described our luggage and they told us to have a magical day. I spent the rest of the day nervous as all get out. BUT... our luggage was the first to arrive of everyone in our group. So, I give Disney a big thumbs up! :thumbsup2 And while I'd never intentionally do it, I know they will get it to you!

Surprised?? NEVER!! :lmao:

:thumbsup2HOLY CANNOLI!!!:cool1:
That is freakin' awesome!!!

I had thought once that it seemed a little odd to me that you were off work so long before your trip, but then I thought - oh, yeah, holiday weekend etc.

I'm so psyched for you!!! Go enjoy and have fun! Think also, that you are saving the money you would have spent on the airport hotel the night before too, right? What about an AP for Marc? Will he use enough days to make it worth it? I think if you use 10 days it's a good deal. Then you can hop all you want.

Happy Early Birthday!!! Great gift if you ask me!
:bday:party:
It is freakin' awesome. WICKED AWESOME. Well, we were originally going to leave tomorrow but then we got those great airfare deals so we switched.

We are just going to get Marc a 10 day hopper, I don't want to spend the money on the AP right now. But who knows, maybe if we haven't spent all our money at the end of the trip we will upgrade him.

:dancer:
:dancer::dancer:
:dancer:

Four VERY happy dancers for the FOUR days you have left.

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it.
WOO HOO!!

We didn't have any problems. We described the suitcases to the best of our ability and gave them our baggage claim tickets. My luggage is pink so that I wasn't too worried about, but John's was black. He had tied the handles with colored ribbon. Getting your luggage yourself shouldn't be to bad though. It is just two adults no kids or strollers to worry about and by the time you get off the plane walk down the terminal, get on the monorail to the main terminal, and then go down side A your luggage will probably be coming out.
I'm really leaning towards letting them deal with the luggage. I have purple luggage so I don't worry about that, but then we have a black bag and Marc's luggage is gray. Hmm. I might get some ribbon like you did and tie it to them. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. I know going to get the luggage wouldn't be a big deal but if I don't have to do it, I don't want to do it.

I'm not even going to tell you what I thought you were going to say.....:rolleyes1

Woo Hoo, you are going to Disney early!!!

Lucky Leslie and Marc!!! :yay::yay:
What were you thinking? I watn to know!

AWESOME! So glad I had a second to check. I have loved all your updates, but have just barely cruised by of late!

Have a wonderful trip!
Thank you so much!

Holy Disney Fuzzy Math Batman!!!!

That's AHHHHHHHHHHHH MAzing!

And so something I wish I could do!!!!!!!!

Now you're tempting me to add more nights on my trips! Shame on you LL! Shame!

:lmao:

Nothing like cutting your countdown in half nearly!

So excited for you guys! And what a great deal!! $280 for three more days at Disney?

Don't mind if I do!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
:rotfl2: Would you like me to assist you with your Fuzzy Disney Math calculations? :laughing:

Is today your last day of work and class, LL??? :banana:
YES IT IS!!! I have....12 hours and 35 minutes left to be exact. Then I should be driving home. I'm really hoping I can get out of class early. :rolleyes1

Now today is also worth celebrating!!!
:banana: :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

Last day of work and school for TWO whole weeks!!!! ENJOY your Vacation and getting ready to leave on Sunday!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!
Wooooo Hoooo!! 12 hours and 32 minutes now. :lmao:

Leslie - On another PTR I learned that they don't always ask to see your AP when you check in... so if you are taking ME to POP first to drop off your luggage, you should try to check in before running over to DTD. They might let you! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on extending your trip!! :banana:
I think I am going to try to check in and if they say anything, I'll just say I forgot about that. :rotfl2:

:cool1: AWESOME!!! :cool1:

Seriously, you already had the time off and that is not much more money to just get this long awaited vacation going!!

(I don't think it will change your mind but Shelby did the describe your bag thing with ME and had no problems at all. She did use the Disney luggage tag to help out a bit but her bag arrived with no issues at all!)
I think I'm going to try ME. What's the worst that can happen? :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: I'll make sure to pack a few outfits in our carry ons. But I think Disney will do just fine.

Surprised?

No, not really. :lmao:

Happy for you?

::yes::

Congrats on bumping up the trip and creating some pirate time. Of the fly by the seat of your pants variety. Two thumbs way, way up for spontaneity! :thumbsup2
I'm so excited. It's going to be so awesome. We were both so excited last night.

:jumping1: Holy moly crazy lady! 7 days turned into 4! That's just too much fun!!! I love it!!!
Wooo hooo for 4 more days!
3 more days now!!!

So happy for you!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

And praying that your whole family is safe in the storm.

And I am just hopping on to say that. I have got to get some housework done. Abby's party this weekend, family in town, and kids consignment sales to get ready for. And maybe a pedi thrown in for good measure. See y'all tomorrow!
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy that pedi! I gave up my trip pedi in order to add on three days. :rotfl2:

Omigosh Leslie, this is officially the craziest PTR I have ever read. Most of us just think about leaving early, and not actually do it. :laughing: I was a little worried about how crowded Disney might be for you since it sounds like you're getting there on Labor Day Weekend, but ut can't be too crowded if they still have rooms left at Pop.
It's seriously crazy. I honestly didn't think Marc would go for it once I looked into it but he said "BOOK IT" and I did it before he could change his mind. :lmao:

I am shocked that not only were there regular rooms at Pop but AP rates available still!

WOW!!! That is super duper fantastic exciting!!!!!!!!!! Hope none of those swirlies get in your way of Disney fun....... I'll just set up a huge fan to blow them back out to sea ;)
I think the swirlies will at least let us get down there.

I am so excited for you guys!!! That is awesome! You might as well maximize your time at Disney and $280 is practically free! Just think how much more relaxed you can be on this trip with the extra 3 days. I am forever telling people that the park tickets are practically given away after about day 6 anyhow so I am totally buying this!

I am not sure if I can admit this on here and still keep my DISboard status, but here it goes. I forgot to put the ME stickers on our luggage the last time we went. :scared1: (Please don't get me removed, it was a bit crazy before we left! ;)) I realized it, ohhhhh, somewhere over Kentucky. After panicking most of the flight, I walked up to the ME counter and explained my situation. Like Jill said, we gave them our baggage claim numbers and described our luggage and they told us to have a magical day. I spent the rest of the day nervous as all get out. BUT... our luggage was the first to arrive of everyone in our group. So, I give Disney a big thumbs up! :thumbsup2 And while I'd never intentionally do it, I know they will get it to you!

Surprised?? NEVER!! :lmao:
That makes me feel really good about the luggage thing. I think I'm going to do it. It should work out well, and if it doesn't for some reason I am sure Disney would help us take care of the situation. :thumbsup2

That makes me feel really good about the luggage thing. I think I'm going to do it. It should work out well, and if it doesn't for some reason I am sure Disney would help us take care of the situation. :thumbsup2

Glad I could ease some fears. And, if you have no clothes, guess you'd just have to get a new Mickey shirt or two! ;)

Are you able to concentrate on work at all today? I know I'd be VERY distracted!

I'm so happy for you!!! :cheer2: You're doing what everyone only wishes they could do. LL, you (and Marc) rock!

Do you think I could leave early, too? I'm at...hmmm...50 days. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper::jumping1::hyper::jumping1::hyper:

So excited for you both!!!! This is going to be a great vacation for both of you!!! :hug:

Tracy

Glad I could ease some fears. And, if you have no clothes, guess you'd just have to get a new Mickey shirt or two! ;)

Are you able to concentrate on work at all today? I know I'd be VERY distracted!
Oh, wouldn't that be too bad? :rotfl2:

I'm barely able to concentrate. I did good for the first hour and now...all bets are off. 11 Hours & 55 Minutes...:lmao:

I'm so happy for you!!! :cheer2: You're doing what everyone only wishes they could do. LL, you (and Marc) rock!

Do you think I could leave early, too? I'm at...hmmm...50 days. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Yes, why not? I could assist you with the Fuzzy Disney Math. :rotfl2:

How exciting! Your going to have a wonderful, wonderful time!
Woo Hoo!! I'm so very excited!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper::jumping1::hyper::jumping1::hyper:

So excited for you both!!!! This is going to be a great vacation for both of you!!! :hug:

Tracy
Yayayayaya. Thank you!!

So.

We're at 3 days now.:dance3:

My, time is flying by. ;)

I had a minor freak out about money today but worked everything out. It's just tricky with the way Marc gets paid but crisis averted. Phew.

I can't stop bouncing my leg up and down. I am so ready to be done.

Right now....11 hours and 31 minutes until I'm officially on vacation. I'm counting class tonight because if I don't I will skip it and go home and I can't do that. :laughing:

My new glasses are making my eyeballs go crazy. I know I'll get used to them but they are bothering me.

Can you tell I'm in random thought mode today?

We packed like crazy last night. I never feel like I bring enough clothes and then I get down there and wonder what I was thinking packing all of that stuff. :rotfl2:

For instance, I've packed three bathing suits. Not only three, but one is too big, one is a little small and one fits. Why do I need the ones that don't fit right? I have no idea. But I'm attached to the thought of bringing them. Right before we leave tomorrow, Marc & I will review what is in our suit cases and I'm sure he will make me remove the other two bathing suits. :rotfl2: He's good at convincing me I don't need every little thing I've packed.

So even though we are leaving for Disney on Sunday, we are still going to visit my parents this weekend. We are leaving tomorrow morning sometime and then leaving for the airport from my parents' house. I'm a little worried leaving my kitties alone for that long. My friend is coming over to check on them 3 times, so they will be fine. I'm just a worried Kitty Mama.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sorry, just had to get that out. I'm just sitting here thinking of everything I need to get done still. No matter if I stay up late tonight since I don't have to get up for work tomorrow. :banana:

I've decided to let ME handle our luggage. If bad things happen, I have every confidence that Disney will help us fix the situation.

I'm also going to try checking in at Pop before I buy my AP. If they remind me that I need it, I will just laugh and say I forgot. I didn't put in any requests for Pop, I figured it would be fun to see what Disney gives us for section. I'm secretly hoping for 80's though. I think that would be fun.

999ghostslover sent me a question of the day, since I'm running out of questions.

Is there anyone real or imagined, alive or dead that you would like to take to Disney for the day? What kind of day would you have?

Isn't that a great question? I love it.

For me, my answer is Walt Disney. I would love to travel the 4 parks in Florida with him. I would love to see his reaction and thoughts to how everything turned out since he never got the chance.

What about you?

And since my brain is already on vacation, how about you all PM me some questions that I can use tomorrow and Saturday. :thumbsup2

Oh and in the time it took me to write my update...I now have 11 hours, 18 minutes until I'm on vacation. :laughing:

I never feel like I bring enough clothes and then I get down there and wonder what I was thinking packing all of that stuff. :rotfl2:

I'm usually such an overpacker. Not this trip. I have the outfits down to one per day plus one extra dress for my Cali Grill dinner, and one extra tee, one extra tank, and one extra pair of capris.

I'm so proud.

Is there anyone real or imagined, alive or dead that you would like to take to Disney for the day? What kind of day would you have?

While I agree with you and LOVE the idea of touring the parks with Walt, I'd have to say my Gramma. It'd be so nice to have her back and back in the place we fell in love with together. :goodvibes

Mom. I'd give anything to have one more day with my Mom anywhere, never mind Disney World.

Okay - you must be around 10 hours by now.

I was going to say Walt - (even before I saw your answer). Especially since he didn't see a ton of the stuff that's there now.
Otherwise, I'd like to take my scrooge-like brother. He just thinks we're nuts, but he's never been to WDW. Been to FL a bunch though, and went to DL with the family when we were teens. I just think he'd be amazed and then he'd have to eat his words. Plus just recently he sort of quizzed me on how we afford it. I had to lecture him about his lack of knowledge in all things Disney. Again.

I also think it would be cool to take a small child, someone who doesn't have anyone (orphan maybe?) to take them. I so loved seeing my kids' reactions to things and characters for the first time.

Okay, I guess that's more than one person. Sorry. I'm just very indecisive.

:banana::banana::banana:
THREE DAYS!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Even I'm getting a little antsy in my chair!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter