Remodeling Dis Store

Buzzsgramma

DIS Veteran
Talked with CM about the Orland Pk. Il. store being totally revamped.....new carpet down already and this store will close TEMPORARILY 11/13-11/19....most toys mugs,key chains will be gone..all Classic Disney Collectibles are gone now.....this store will be mostly kids clothes,(esp) girls.....and items (Upscale) for the home. Kitchen appliances, dishes , etc. and also bedding and you will be albe to choose furniture right from the catalog in the store to be shipped directly to your home....store will continue to carry some snowglobes, videos and C.D.s and will reopen on the 20th.....with the Grand Opeing the day after Thanksgiving.....thats all I know right now. Better get your passes, before store TEMP. closes.....hope this is posted in the peoper place....

I spoke to the manager of that store myself just this past Monday, and was told basically the same info.
She also gave me a $5 off coupon for when the store reopens.
They will be selling passes with the $50 g/c and t-shirt until 11/25.

FYI:

The Bellevue Square store in Bellevue, Wa will also be remodeled during the same week...They too have taken their Gallery items (WDCC) from the shelves for now.

They have remodeled one of our Disney Stores--I don't like it at all! It is mostly childrens clothes and toys. Gone are the cute moving characters along the walls and celings (do you know what I mean?)--gone is the great book section and video/dvds, the big screen showing disney movies. It just doesn't have the same Disney-feel to me! Hope it's not a trend--I now try to go to the store nearby that hasn't been remodeled yet.

One of my local stores has been remodeled. I agree. I like the old store. The new store is like a toy store.

goofyfordisney, you said it! Those were almost my exact words when I saw the new look. Now its VERY brightly lit, and just looks like all the other stores in the mall. Its lost that special Disney feel with the moving characters, and the big screen surrounded with the stuffed toys. I'll miss looking at the cel art and now where will I buy my Tigger watches? I did say something to one of the staff members, but she said "Nobody likes change at first." Sigh......Sorry, I don't mean to whine, I'll still shop there. Just will miss the old store.

My local store (Tysons Corner) just remodeled too. I guess I'm in the minority here when I say that I like the new look. It's a smaller store, so it's a bit harder to navigate on the weekends when it's filled with strollers. But it has a better feel to it...I always felt that the older, bigger store was just filled with stuff for the heck of it. This feels more seasonal, more like stock that revolves and isn't always the same. Like I said, I'm in the minority--having worked in retail, I like this feeling. I can understand, though, how not everyone does.

For those who have been to the remodeled stores -- did you notice the big sign behind the cash wrap and t-shirts on the CMs? They say "Disney Play". So while they are still officially Disney Stores, they are known as the "Play" stores -- which explains the toy store feel. Dh and I were underwhelmed. Bring back grown-up stuff!!!

Augh we dont have a LOCAL store any more but I hope when I travel to shop this weekend they arent all ripped apart! SOunds Awful!

I agree with many of the others here..our store (Denver Park Meadows) just remodeled to Disney Play and we miss the things that used to be there..gift items,snow globes, etc. I also miss the distinctive Mickey Mouse face that was on the floor in the entrance. It stood our and looked really special. Now it just says Disney Play. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter