• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy if gluten-free AND don't eat seafood?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Can anyone comment on how their experience at Remy has been with food restrictions?

I am pondering changing my Eastern Wonder to a Western Fantasy, and if so would like to at least ponder Remy just to try it, but I am gluten-free AND I don't eat seafood (it's not technically an allergy, but the taste and texture make me gag).

Is it even worth trying with dietary restrictions?

I had a vegetarian meal with no mushrooms or bell peppers, and it was wonderful. My husband and I stopped by Remy shortly after embarking to make sure our dietary requests were on file, and we got exactly what we wanted at our dinner the next night.

DW is gluten-free and prefers to avoid seafood as well. She also does not eat lamb, so her primary protein choices on cruises are beef, pork, and chicken. She does eat GF pasta. When we dined at Remy, we were contacted the day before to confirm the reservation and gluten-free status. We noted the seafood avoidance at that time, since it is not noted in DW's profile like the GF requirement. They were able to put together a tasting menu that met her restrictions. It was a fine meal, comparable to what we have had at Victoria & Albert at WDW. We prefer to cruise on the classic ships, so we've only had two opportunities to eat at Remy, both on the Fantasy. We did dinner the first time and the brunch the second time. Both worked out well. Considering the cost of a V&A dinner, the Remy upcharge is very reasonable for a similar dining and service experience.

The guy who runs the DCL blog has a shellfish allergy and routinely eats at Remy. I would definitely go for it. They are very accommodating. The food is so amazingly good too.

I'm Celiac and thoroughly enjoyed Remy. And while I loooove seafood, I was SERIOUSLY tempted by a few options that were not seafood. Believe me, that's saying something.

Go and enjoy. You'll love it!

Remy is not to be missed, and they will definitely work with whatever restrictions you may have. Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter