Rental Car for March

I just checked now - will try later again in the evening but I also checked this code a day ago when the first posts about Alamo codes came out. Are you putting a '1' in the corporate i.d. box or just the coupon code?

The $248 price was with nothing...just the full price. You can add an ID...there are tons that are frequent flyer ones(Delta, Jetblue etc) which can be found on Mousesavers. Those ID #'s will give you a 10% discount. Then you can add the $40 coupon....AD4027JDO...which is also on Mousesavers.

To be totally legit with the frequent flyer ID #'s all you have to do is join the program on that airline. No cost to do so.

Just keep checking a few times a day...the rates are flipping around like crazy right now. Also, play with the pick up and drop off times a little....sometimes that makes a difference...it saved me $10.

I just went back and played around with it some more. To get that lower rate you have to have your return time be at least 1 hour earlier than your pick up time. It works for several different dates mid March and with several different time combinations....this is a 7 day rental.

I used Alamo's last minute code IG (it's found on mousesavers so I know it's safe and anyone can use it ;) and I used the $40 off coupon) My dates are March 13 (4 pm) - 25 (2 pm). It comes up as $219 weekly..

I've been watching for that email, too, hoping to have something to share....but, nothing.

Did you get your email? I got mine at 2:15 this afternooon. Didn't see anything different in it than what's on the website :confused3

I booked my car rental for March in Oct. using Entertainment code and a coupon. None of these posted have been lower than what I already have. I have learned that the earlier you book the car I9meaning months earlier if possible) the lower rate you get. You can always adjust it or cancel it without penalty as the date gets closer. I try to book car rental as soon as I book trip

My dates are March 12 - 19th. The best price I have been able to get is $133 all in from Alamo. I prefer National, but the rates are higher ($230 ish and up).

I was happy with my rate of about $235 for 7 days that I had with National for mid-March. Then I was very happy last night to get the rate down to $192 total (mid-size) with Alamo. I received an e-mail today for $25 off with Alamo, and now the rates are $300 higher:eek: So if you see a good rate, grab it! You can always cancel later.:woohoo:

I just signed up for Emerald Aisle with National and booked a midsize for 2 full weeks, end of August...total cost was $392. I thought National was the more expensive in the Enterprise family, but Enterprise wanted $750 for the same car/period!

Saga: I thought I better sign us up for the Insider program, since our reservation has the Insider discount code. This morning, I called in to ask them to add the Insider member number to our reservation as I was afraid to touch anything that would make us lose that great rate on the ressie!

After the phone call, I went online and put the new reservation number in to get an updated print out and the reservation rate went from $114.00 to $290.00! :headache:

Never underestimate the power of good intentions! BLAH!

Saga: I thought I better sign us up for the Insider program, since our reservation has the Insider discount code. This morning, I called in to ask them to add the Insider member number to our reservation as I was afraid to touch anything that would make us lose that great rate on the ressie!

After the phone call, I went online and put the new reservation number in to get an updated print out and the reservation rate went from $114.00 to $290.00! :headache:

Never underestimate the power of good intentions! BLAH!

Oh no!! :hug: I had tried my reservation too with our Insider Number and I noticed it was quite a bit higher, so I didn't book with it. I was just trying to avoid the whole counter thing :confused: Can you modify it and go back and take it out...or better yet, call them and ask them to revert back to the old one?? Never hurts to call.

Oh no!! :hug: I had tried my reservation too with our Insider Number and I noticed it was quite a bit higher, so I didn't book with it. I was just trying to avoid the whole counter thing :confused: Can you modify it and go back and take it out...or better yet, call them and ask them to revert back to the old one?? Never hurts to call.
My thought, too, was of the advantage of avoiding the counter. I have been on the phone with them and they are working on it. I'm just glad I didn't mess up by going in and making changes. :rotfl:

My thought, too, was of the advantage of avoiding the counter. I have been on the phone with them and they are working on it. I'm just glad I didn't mess up by going in and making changes. :rotfl:

Something VERY odd is going on with car rentals tonight...I just checked Alamo and my rate is now 3 times more than what I booked it for yesterday morning!! :scared1: It seems all the rental agencies are now much higher than they were yesterday!

Something VERY odd is going on with car rentals tonight...I just checked Alamo and my rate is now 3 times more than what I booked it for yesterday morning!! :scared1: It seems all the rental agencies are now much higher than they were yesterday!

Same for me - yesterday I switched a full size @$330.00 (didn't really need a full, but the diff between full and mid was only $15 when I booked it last week) to a mid size for $245.00. Both were through VISA cardholder code and with the $40 off from mousesavers. Just checked again and it's almost $500!! That's an 8 day for the 19th - 27th.

In case anyone is still looking for a good last minute rate I found this with Alamo. I logged into my free insiders account with Alamo and changed Contract ID to IG (code for last minute rental) and used $40.00 coupon Code AD4027JDO. Total for minivan from March 12 - 19th is $243.75 including taxes. A midsize is $161.74, full size $179.31.

In case anyone is still looking for a good last minute rate I found this with Alamo. I logged into my free insiders account with Alamo and changed Contract ID to IG (code for last minute rental) and used $40.00 coupon Code AD4027JDO. Total for minivan from March 12 - 19th is $243.75 including taxes. A midsize is $161.74, full size $179.31.

National has the same type of thing.... Contract ID 6600435 is their last minute deals (next 2 weeks) code. I have found good last minute deals in the past with that code. Combine it with a coupon code such as ND8578ADT ($35 off weekly email code) and you can find a good deal.

Duds

I found a mini van at Alamo using some codes for $253 a week from March 26-April 2.

I feel it was a good deal and we need the van because DS SN stroller won't fit in a truck of a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter