Renting a car @LAX for San Diego - somewhere to return it at DL?

bjakmom

DIS Veteran
We are planning to fly into LAX (our only non-stop option with SW) and heading to Hollywood for the weekend and then down to San Diego for a week before going back up to LA to DLH for the last 5 nights. I usually rent with National - is there somewhere to return the car at DL when I get there and then just take a shuttle back to LAX? I will not be driving anywhere once I get to DL! How far from DLH are there any rental car agencies for returns and which companies? I would use another company if the return were easier/closer to DLH. TIA for any advise!

I know that there's a National car rental on West Katella and a Budget Rent a Car on South Harbor Blvd. There's a Hertz in the Anaheim Marriott on Convention Way, and an Enterprise in the Anaheim Hilton also on Convention Way. We've rented from them all when we make our trips to California.

Important Note: The Hertz and Enterprise in the hotels have limited hours, so you may want to contact them beforehand.

I usually rent from National but I've booked a car for this August with Hertz. You can drop it off at the Mariott that's within walking distance of the park. If you plan on dropping the car off during non-business hours, the dropoff box is available when they're closed. I emailed them and they said, "You will leave keys and rental agreement in their drop box."

We're staying at the Hilton which is across the street from the Mariott so it's very handy.

We're picking it up at LAX too so we can drive around Orange County until we head for the parks. We were going to go to San Diego but nixed that idea.

We rented with National in November to drive from San Diego to DL. We dropped off on Katella and they gave us a ride to the hotel. I don't think they will do that for all hotels, because they wanted to know where we were staying before they would commit to taking us. (We stayed at Disney's Grand). There is also a drop off at the Park Vue (I think) for National, which is supposed to be across the street from the resort. This desk was closed when we got to Anaheim.

I'd call the office on Katella and see if they will drive you to your hotel. It would be worth a try.

It worked well for us.

Lynne

Thanks, everyone ! Looks like returning the car should be easy enough - seems silly to pay for the car and parking when I have no plans of stepping a foot off of Disney property once I get there - all my non-park time will be spent in the hot tub!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter