Renting points from 2 different owners for 1 stay?

RobynPrincess

Looking around
We have a booking already for AKV in September however we are thinking about extending our stay. A good friend is going to be renting out her points (she wasn't going to but things changed, I asked her first ;) ) so we would be renting points for 2 different stays. How will this work? Will we be able to stay in the same room?

Both members will need to call MS and have the reservations linked. You will have to check-out and then check-in again, but you will not have to change rooms.

Assuming both reservations are for the exact same type of room in the same resort, you should be able to stay in the room. Be sure the front desk knows the situation when you check-in. You will likely have to "check-out and check-in" at the front desk and get new key cards.

Are you a DVC member? If not, you will NOT be able to "link" the reservations. That means there is no guarantee that you will stay in the same room. As others have said you will need to check in for each reservation. You actually might have to change rooms for the second reservation.

You will also need to be careful that you have each of the people you are renting from handle their part of the trip. For example, if you are using Disney's Magical Express the first person will need to setup your arrival and the other renter will need to call and setup your departure. The same is true if you would like the Dining Plan, each will have to call and set it up for their reservation.

If you are a DVC member, this all changes. You can "link" the reservations, as long as they are for the exact same room type (in the same resort). Then you can take care of everything yourself and you will only need to check in once.

I have rented my points several times and even setup "linked" reservations with other DVC members. I have also had several conversations with DVC Member Services about putting two reservations together. My info comes directly from them.

I like split stays(moving to another resort) it gives us an opportunity of dividing our stay in two. If you do not have young children you may want to consider that option also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter