Renting Watercraft from BLT

johntriley

Earning My Ears
My family is staying at BLT for the first time, and really want to rent one of the boats harbored nearby for an afternoon. Does anyone have any experience with this that they would kindly share? Thanks!

We've done this several times - it is very easy and fun. My one tip for you is to use the AP discount, if it is available for the boat you are renting. We found out last trip that the AP discount was 30%, while the DVC discount is only 10%. We always rent the small boats for our kids every trip.

We've done this several times - it is very easy and fun. My one tip for you is to use the AP discount, if it is available for the boat you are renting. We found out last trip that the AP discount was 30%, while the DVC discount is only 10%. We always rent the small boats for our kids every trip.

Thanks for the tip!

Ooh, that's awesome. I'll have to remember to ask for the AP discount as well.

Does anybody know ... if you're not staying at BLT, can you park there if you are going specifically to use the watercraft? We stayed at BLT last year and DS7 wanted to spend a day doing that, but we ran out of time. I have a day scheduled in for us to do it this year, but it will probably be one of the days we are staying at AKV. I don't really want to park at TTC and take the monorail over just to use the watercraft ...

Parking at a resort to use that resorts' services (dining or recreation) should be no problem...its only an issue if you want to go to the MK while leaving your cat at BLT/contemporary. As an alternative, you can take any MK bus and walk to BLT..

My boating tip, is get the pontoon. While we didn't need the full seating capacity, it was really nice to have the extra shaded seating capacity.
You can also do the entire loop around 7 seas and around the Bay Lake island in less than an hour. Our charge was pro-rated, so we were only charged for ~50 minutes, not a full hour (plus the great AP discount)

We did this several years ago and rented from the Poly. They go over the costs and safety and where to go and not go. We had a great time and Would do it again.

Anyone knows how much a 1 hour pontoon rental is?

One article from this year listed (non-discounted) rates as:
$47.93 for 30 minutes on either a pontoon boat (max. 10 people) or Boston Whaler (max. 6 people)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter