Resale DVC benefits

Found this thread very helpful - looking into buying DVC resale b/c direct is just bonkers right now. Maybe in the future I'll buy direct (when VDH opens?) and then sell my resale contract.

The savings is just too good to pass up for some fringe benefits.

Like others, I bought resale but am getting DVC discounts online (and also in store, when I show them the app).

A couple of questions. I do not have a physical card. Can I or do I need to pick one up somewhere?

Second, is there a way to tell if the contract I purchased has me grandfathered in?

EDIT: I just found the answers to these questions. I found my digital card and it only says that the card allows pool hopping, nothing else. Sort of bummed but hoping the loopholes for mobile shopping and experiences continue for a bit.

Last edited:
Like others, I bought resale but am getting DVC discounts online (and also in store, when I show them the app).

A couple of questions. I do not have a physical card. Can I or do I need to pick one up somewhere?

Second, is there a way to tell if the contract I purchased has me grandfathered in?

EDIT: I just found the answers to these questions. I found my digital card and it only says that the card allows pool hopping, nothing else. Sort of bummed but hoping the loopholes for mobile shopping and experiences continue for a bit.

Yeah some discounts still work. When I was resale only, Disney’s own system applied discounts on some stuff that was supposed to just be blue card. They do seem to be getting tighter in person at the parks, but who is eligible/ineligible is so convoluted, hard for CMs to keep up especially with the high number of temporary and short term employees.

As far as grandfathered… that is only for owners who bought before certain dates. That is not transferable.

I think that I said earlier, but I'm no longer going to "out" myself. If a CM asks if I'm a member then the answer is "Yes". I am a DVC member. It's up to them / Disney to drill deeper into what type of member I am. It's not my fault that Disney created such a beast of a system.

If you want the merchandise discount (and live in the US), open up a chase checking account. Select the Disney debit card (existing members can just secure message to change to one). The Disney Debit card comes with pretty much the same discounts, but you need to pay with that debti card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter