• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Resale vs. direct ??

jorodopo

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide how to buy DVC. I get that you can only buy from Disney what they have to sell and maybe they don't have specific locations with the use year that is wanted but when I do the math for some posts in the ROFR thread it comes out about the same....

For example:
50pts*77/pt+400 closing +50pts*3.83annual dues=$4440
Disney=50pts*89=$4450

Unless, Does Disney cover closings on resales?
I expect that Disney can't collect past dues so you would have to pay dues from the date of sale until the end of the calendar year.....right?

You are correct except for your initial DVC purchase direct from Disney, the smallest amount of points you can buy is 150...not 50. If you want less than 150 points you have to buy resale. That is what we just did at OKW. Now we can add on directly from Disney for a minimum of 25 points or 50 points if we want to finance through Disney. On small contracts you do end up paying almost the same closing costs as you would on a larger resale, but to me it was worth it to pay cash and now know I can buy directly from Disney. Hope that helps.

Buying drirect through Disney does NOT have closing costs, but your INITIAL DVC membership points needed is 150 AND anywhere from 10%-50% down and paying $95 per point. (Don't forget your annual dues on 150pts!)

Below are EXAMPLES of the DVC financing (hope these are ok to post here...?)

20% down at 10.75%/yr APR for 3, 5, 7 or 10 yrs
50% down at 4.95%/yr APR for 1 yr

Buying your FIRST initial DVC purchase points through RESALE can be in ANY amount with closing costs averaging $400. Then you have the option of buying those smaller point packages and financing through DVC any time.

HTH and pixie dust no matter what your choice is! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter