Reservation difficulty

tom1944

DIS Veteran
We have a 9-day trip scheduled for August 11-20.

These are the restaurants we were considering, and I was wondering if this list is an accurate list of the difficulty of getting a reservation.

Hoop Dee Do- Wednesday night
Ohana Wednesday morning
Flying Fish Monday night
Steakhouse 71 Sunday night
Yak & Yeti Tuesday lunch after 2
Hollywood & Vine Monday morning
Coral Reff Friday lunch after 2
Biergarten Sunday lunch after 2
Trattoria al Forno Breakfast Tuesday departure day
Liberty Tree Tavern Monday lunch after 2.
Plaza Restaurant Thursday lunch after 2

We have not decided on where we will eat on Saturday. That is our free day and will be at Boardwalk. I think Ale & Compass for breakfast but not sure yet for dinner.

In the past I have worked in reverse order in trying to get reservations. While staying on property, using the 180 + 10 or now the 60 + 10, I would try to get reservations for Hoop Dee Do or Ohana's at the 9 or 10 day mark, figuring less people are able to try to book on those dates. I would book the easier to get reservations earlier in the trips. If you aren't on property and trying a day at the time, hard to get reservations are as they say, hard to get.

Hardest to get on that list would be Ohana so I’d hit that first. I’d skip Y&Y through Disney and instead get a Landry’s card. They cost $25 and give you a $25 credit to use at your first meal. After you have a Landry’s member number call Y&Y direct to make your reservation, they have far more availability than via Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter