"Reserved" Seating at Lion King show

Babe the Blue Ox

DIS Veteran
What are the seats marked as "Reserved" usually used for at the Lion King theater? We went to a show on Saturday afternoon (June 6), arriving about 3 minutes before showtime. We were ushered to this reserved area, on the floor about 3 rows from the front in the Warthog section.

Great seats!

I think they keep them for people with disabilities or reduced mobility (who can't get up the stairs) and their families, then if they aren't needed they fill with other guests.

Last rip to Lion King show my DW was in ecv and we were seated in a section for disabilities which was next to a reserved section. That section was later filled with a "special group". No indication why.

gwb is right.... they seat some VIPs and groups in those seats sometimes (those not marked for disabled.) But usually what happens is families see the seats are empty and run over to them to grab them even when they are being herded to another section.

I overheard one of the cast members (by the way, they were called Camp Counselors when FoLK was in Camp Minnie Mickey... Anybody have any idea what the FoLK cast members are called now?) telling a guest that the seats were reserved for Give Kids the World and others with disabilities. However, I'm sure if the show is about to start and the seats are still open, they allow guests to fill them.

I've seen these seats being filled from a different entrance than the normal standby and FP entrance. I think it might even have been a backstage door. I've always been curious too.

The seats I've seen are an entire section reserved. Not the seats on the floor for disability seating.

The reserved seats are used for people who get to meet the show cast afterwards. I don't know if its for every show or not. I was lucky enough to do it once, and the view is great! I don't know of any way to experience that other than knowing a cast member. I went with a friend and her friend, who helps with the costuming on that show. She managed to get us reserved seats through a connection with a higher up CM. I did it before they moved to the new theater; there was a seperate entrance then with a podium that had a list of the people who were on the reserved list.

I had a FP+ for this. We were running late and got there about 5 minutes before the show time. I had time to park the stoller and as we were walking to the fast pass entrance (5 adults, 2 kids) a CM stopped us and asked how many we had. I told her and she ushered us in the back door into these reserved seats. I got picked on to be the warthog and my daughter got picked on to dance with the performers, but she got too shy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter