Resort availability timing?

map330

Earning My Ears
Did something change with when Disney releases availability? I put it in a few dates in November and literally nothing shows up as available

I get that's a busy time and all but it seems unlikely that no hotel has availability 7 months out...

After you try reducing like @Dave006 suggested, try increasing. I just booked a November trip about 10 minutes ago. I was looking for 6 nights and couldn't find anything I was interested in but when I increased to 8 nights suddenly I could have my first choice resort and room type.

Nov 2024 or 2025? I don't think 2025 has been released yet.

After you try reducing like @Dave006 suggested, try increasing. I just booked a November trip about 10 minutes ago. I was looking for 6 nights and couldn't find anything I was interested in but when I increased to 8 nights suddenly I could have my first choice resort and room type.
Did you added a weekend to your search window? That almost always works. The Disney booking algorithm does not want to leave orphan nights especially on Friday or Saturday.

Dave

Did you added a weekend to your search window? That almost always works. The Disney booking algorithm does not want to leave orphan nights especially on Friday or Saturday.

Dave
Yes. I was originally trying to check out on the Saturday of Veterans Weekend. When I added the Saturday and the Sunday nights I had lots of options. Interestingly, I was not able to scootch the arrival date to keep the trip at 6 nights. I had to stay with arrival the previous Sunday for a total of 8 nights. Oh well, I can live with that!

I was trying to do Sunday through Thursday. Maybe I’ll try Saturday through Thursday and see if that works.

@map330 Make sure you’re actually on rack rate. The website often reverts to a current discount. If the discount doesn’t include your dates, it just shows as all resorts unavailable. Just click any resort, then click room or package. From there you can change to all resorts.

Edit: I just put in random dates for every week in November. It shows availability at a lot of resorts every combination I checked.

Last edited:
@map330 Make sure you’re actually on rack rate. The website often reverts to a current discount. If the discount doesn’t include your dates, it just shows as all resorts unavailable. Just click any resort, then click room or package. From there you can change to all resorts.
Oh yes! This is definitely true. I've had times when I'm searching with a discount chosen but then I might move on to dates outside the offer window but the discount is still chosen unless I specifically check "room" or "package" before navigating to the new dates. The result will be zero availability. Good advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter