Resort Change by Disney

Got bumped from GDT to CBR. Hard to not feel like it’s a downgrade. Oh well such is life. Someone get me excited about CBR!
We have stayed at CBR twice and liked it. Yes it is big, but the grounds are beautiful and we liked the bus stops at each section. We got moved from AKL to CR, not thrilled, but at this point I would have taken the FW cabins just to ensure we had a room 🤣

What really irked me is the lack of communication from Disney. My sis is a TA so I knew about all of this already, but I have yet to receive any email or official direct notif from Disney that my reservation might be affected and what I should do. My guess is I would have gotten something eventually but also it seems like availability is getting slimmer by the minute, so by that point who knows what the options would have been.
Without this board, I would be mostly unaware. Haven't received a single email beyond my ADR cancellations.

So, after over two hours on hold my music stopped. No music for the past 30 or 40 minutes. Hoping I'm still in the queue?
I'm afraid of actually hanging up by accident (habit). I'm using my landline because my cell phone gets too hot.

same boat as you, no more hold music, this whole situation is just unbelievable! Hours on hold? Seriously Disney??

So, after over two hours on hold my music stopped. No music for the past 30 or 40 minutes. Hoping I'm still in the queue?
I'm afraid of actually hanging up by accident (habit). I'm using my landline because my cell phone gets too hot.
same boat as you, no more hold music, this whole situation is just unbelievable! Hours on hold? Seriously Disney??
I was without music for most of my wait yesterday.

What really irked me is the lack of communication from Disney. My sis is a TA so I knew about all of this already, but I have yet to receive any email or official direct notif from Disney that my reservation might be affected and what I should do. My guess is I would have gotten something eventually but also it seems like availability is getting slimmer by the minute, so by that point who knows what the options would have been.

You'd think they would have sent out automated emails with instructions to anyone in a resort that wasn't reopening for their reservation.

Still on silent hold 5 hours now. No human contact. I have an eye doctor appointment in an hour and a half (which is several months overdue due to the virus). I will have to hang up at that point. :(

Here's my experience! (not including the ~2 hours I spent on wait time yesterday before learning GS queue was closed).

Cliff Notes:
Original Resort: GDT
Original Room: Club Level Tower Suite
Check in Date: Aug 4, 2020
New Resort: Riviera
New Room: 1BR Villa
Cost: Saved $200

I called the 1936 # at 1:35 -- it was busy 7 times and I just kept redialing and got through on the 8th try. I was through the prompts and with a cast member by 1:40 (Dalton -- and he was an absolute gem!). I explained that our resort was going to be closed due to the NBA contract and I wanted help with my options. I was really curious to see where they'd move us being that Coronado is a Moderate resort, but it's a Deluxe-priced room. He asked if I had any preferences for a resort switch and I mentioned Riviera but that I was curious to see what our options were (we were hoping for a 1BR at Riviera but didn't want to miss out some WL cabin pixie dust or something 🤣).

He said he was going to have to get me to Guest Services -- but that he'd stay on hold with me and see what he could do on his end in the meantime (he told me to feel free to sing along to the hold music, because he definitely would be - so great)! He put me on hold for a few minutes -- came back and said GS was going to be a 2.5 hour wait. I said that's fine. He came back again after about 5 minutes and told me he could move me to a 1BR Riviera and save me $200. I jumped on it! Was off the call by 2:00. Dalton deserves ALL OF THE RAISES.

Side note after catching up on posts: GDT is barely a moderate -- it feels more "Deluxe" to me than some actual Deluxe rooms/resorts. I can't believe they're trying to move people from GDT to CBR and calling it an even switch?! I'd fight that all day.

Took most of this morning (total time, including redial attempts and hold time, about 4 hours) but have successfully moved my August 13-16 YC GV to a BWV std 1 bdrm. Same dates, price protection (had the Sun & Fun discount) so relatively happy with the outcome. Initial offer was a BCV studio, but since SAB is closed and studios only have a queen bed I politely hinted I’d be willing to go somewhere else. Did express the desire for walkability to some parks, so think that’s why they were sticking with BCV and BWV as starting points.

Thank you so much for this info.! I am booked CBR 07/19 through hotels.com and I tried many times yesterday to answers from both Disney and hotels.com. Hopefully we will see a change in MDE by early next week.
Yes!!! Glad it was helpful! I was panicking too!

You'd think they would have sent out automated emails with instructions to anyone in a resort that wasn't reopening for their reservation.
No kidding. I got emails about the park reservation system (even though I don't have tickets and am not planning any park time) but did not get anything about my hotel. Like I said my guess is they will be notifying people directly a bit more staggered, but still, at the rate this is all going, availability could be really slim by the time they directly notify folks, so you could be stuck with a lateral move or downgrade. Who knows!

Just hit the two hour on hold mark, silent hold for the last hour. I'm a little baffled that some people can get a person so quickly...I only ever dealt with the automated prompts.

Here's my experience! (not including the ~2 hours I spent on wait time yesterday before learning GS queue was closed).

Cliff Notes:
Original Resort: GDT
Original Room: Club Level Tower Suite
Check in Date: Aug 4, 2020
New Resort: Riviera
New Room: 1BR Villa
Cost: Saved $200

I called the 1936 # at 1:35 -- it was busy 7 times and I just kept redialing and got through on the 8th try. I was through the prompts and with a cast member by 1:40 (Dalton -- and he was an absolute gem!). I explained that our resort was going to be closed due to the NBA contract and I wanted help with my options. I was really curious to see where they'd move us being that Coronado is a Moderate resort, but it's a Deluxe-priced room. He asked if I had any preferences for a resort switch and I mentioned Riviera but that I was curious to see what our options were (we were hoping for a 1BR at Riviera but didn't want to miss out some WL cabin pixie dust or something 🤣).

He said he was going to have to get me to Guest Services -- but that he'd stay on hold with me and see what he could do on his end in the meantime (he told me to feel free to sing along to the hold music, because he definitely would be - so great)! He put me on hold for a few minutes -- came back and said GS was going to be a 2.5 hour wait. I said that's fine. He came back again after about 5 minutes and told me he could move me to a 1BR Riviera and save me $200. I jumped on it! Was off the call by 2:00. Dalton deserves ALL OF THE RAISES.

Side note after catching up on posts: GDT is barely a moderate -- it feels more "Deluxe" to me than some actual Deluxe rooms/resorts. I can't believe they're trying to move people from GDT to CBR and calling it an even switch?! I'd fight that all day.
How?! I’ve been on hold since 8 AM and have been waiting for GS since noon! I have no idea how these systems are working

How?! I’ve been on hold since 8 AM and have been waiting for GS since noon! I have no idea how these systems are working
That #1936 number is a back line to guest services. It's not an officially published number, so it jumps the line a bit.

I hate that so much. I definitely can't change my dates so hopefully I get the price protection. If they want to move me to the Contemporary I won't complain, but if they downgrade me to Pop I won't be happy.

They initially offered me the downgrade to Pop. I just told them we wanted something at least equal to POR as we booked this for an anniversary trip. She then told me no other mod's were open at that time. I politely asked if it was possible to be moved to one of the deluxe resorts or villas under price protection. I had to push a little, but she did it. As long as you give a little push back, you'll be able to get at least an equal resort, not a downgrade.

So, I finally got park reservations after a huge ordeal. I still need to fix my resort reservation because my resort will not be open. Changing resorts won't impact my park reservations, will it?

So, I finally got park reservations after a huge ordeal. I still need to fix my resort reservation because my resort will not be open. Changing resorts won't impact my park reservations, will it?
No, it shouldn't. Had my resort changed yesterday and all of my plans are intact.

In total it took 4 hours but was just moved from Coronado Grand Destino Tower Standard view to Rivera deluxe studio for August at no additional charge. At first they wanted to move me to Caribbean beach and i said it was not an acceptable change being that I was booked at the tower which is more of a deluxe feel. Then they came back and said Riviera Tower Studio and i said Riviera sounds great but a tiny room and pull down bed once again felt like a downgrade. Finally she said Riveria Deluxe studio and i accepted. Was worth the 4 hour wait i guess but i still feel like disney could be handling this better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter