Resort Change by Disney

Changed our stay twice...we were originally schedule for 7/5 - 7/9 at POP and when I first called last week (to push the dates out to when the parks were open) I was told I'd have to pay the difference for a DVC resort. I said no thank you to that and kept my original reservation at POP (on the urging of the CM). Decided we'd just keep those dates and relax at a hotel so I called back on Tuesday and was offered a price protected move to a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs. Sounded good to me! Fast forward a day or two and I noticed that folks were moving from the All Star resorts to POP in mid July (also noted the POP predicted opening date of 7/10!) Since I'm an out of state AP, my real goal is to use my extended AP for the parks (no rest at Disney, HA!) so I called back to GS and asked if they could swing me back to POP and move the dates to 7/19 - 7/23. Very nice CM said sure but this would be my last change allowed.... I did have to pay a minimal amount as apparently those dates in July cost more than my original dates in July (sounded dubious but I was just happy to get actual open park days). I also asked him to change my DS to my DH on the reservation since DS can't come any more and DH was happy to jump in! Unfortunately, that bit never happened - even though the CM confirmed it all with me before we parted ways. So now it still looks like it's me and DS. Since both DS and DH have park tickets and I have an AP, I did make park reservations for us - but I'll have to call again I guess to swap DS out for DH before we arrive. Very happy to be going to the parks now though!!!

Changed our stay twice...we were originally schedule for 7/5 - 7/9 at POP and when I first called last week (to push the dates out to when the parks were open) I was told I'd have to pay the difference for a DVC resort. I said no thank you to that and kept my original reservation at POP (on the urging of the CM). Decided we'd just keep those dates and relax at a hotel so I called back on Tuesday and was offered a price protected move to a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs. Sounded good to me! Fast forward a day or two and I noticed that folks were moving from the All Star resorts to POP in mid July (also noted the POP predicted opening date of 7/10!) Since I'm an out of state AP, my real goal is to use my extended AP for the parks (no rest at Disney, HA!) so I called back to GS and asked if they could swing me back to POP and move the dates to 7/19 - 7/23. Very nice CM said sure but this would be my last change allowed.... I did have to pay a minimal amount as apparently those dates in July cost more than my original dates in July (sounded dubious but I was just happy to get actual open park days). I also asked him to change my DS to my DH on the reservation since DS can't come any more and DH was happy to jump in! Unfortunately, that bit never happened - even though the CM confirmed it all with me before we parted ways. So now it still looks like it's me and DS. Since both DS and DH have park tickets and I have an AP, I did make park reservations for us - but I'll have to call again I guess to swap DS out for DH before we arrive. Very happy to be going to the parks now though!!!

I am baffled as to why your would switch from Saratoga Springs to Pop? SS is a great resort. Your room has a balcony, a mini kitchen with a sink and microwave, free laundry, and you can walk to Disney Springs.

I am baffled as to why your would switch from Saratoga Springs to Pop? SS is a great resort. Your room has a balcony, a mini kitchen with a sink and microwave, free laundry, and you can walk to Disney Springs.
We couldn't stay at Saratoga Springs when the parks were open (without paying an extra $500/night). Price protection only applied if we kept our original dates. Totally agree with you about the awesomeness of SS!

We couldn't stay at Saratoga Springs when the parks were open (without paying an extra $500/night). Price protection only applied if we kept our original dates. Totally agree with you about the awesomeness of SS!

Gotcha, I thought you said that you could stay at SS for the same price. I think it is nuts that Disney is "offering" people to stay at a better resort and then wanting to charge them the difference, especially if your resort is closed. I told them that if I could have afforded the price of the deluxe then I would have booked it to begin with. LOL

For days Ive lurked through the boards reading everyones stories about their resort changes. The gambler in me said to wait it out. I vowed that i wouldn't spend my time hours on hold. lol
Our reservations are for Sept 4-7 at the Grand Destino Tower - Club Level.

Some other things happened in life yesterday and I worked myself up into calling last night. Around 6:30pm and only being on hold for about 15 mins Katie answered the phone and assured she could help. First she offered Fort Wilderness or Caribbean. I politely asked if those were comparable to Club Level, which i knew they weren't, and she said that i was correct and then offered me my choice of Beach Club,Contemporary or Polynesian.
I chose Poly and she moved us to a Lagoon View-Club Level with no extra charge. I politely again asked about Club Level, as Disney is saying at this time there will be none. She stated that things are changing daily and if they weren't offering it otherwise in September that Disney would comp me.

I left the call happy as a lark as we wouldn't have otherwise stayed at the Polynesian for the cost vs how much we're in the room. :)

After spending 3 hrs on the phone this morning...2-1/2 hrs holding, then 30 min with a CM. She can see my reservation but she can't open it..it keeps saying 'system error" My resort is closed and I'm trying to get my resort moved but it won't let her in to my reservation. My reservation is a package and I was able to reserve all of my park days. Does anyone know who i can call or email to resolve this?

After spending 3 hrs on the phone this morning...2-1/2 hrs holding, then 30 min with a CM. She can see my reservation but she can't open it..it keeps saying 'system error" My resort is closed and I'm trying to get my resort moved but it won't let her in to my reservation. My reservation is a package and I was able to reserve all of my park days. Does anyone know who i can call or email to resolve this?
Unless the system is down again, the best bet is to request to be transferred to Guest Services.

For any family suite people out there, I learned patience is a virtue to work on. My TA finally got through this morning. We were moved from AoA on July 13th to a Riviera 2 bedroom villa. SSR was full she was told, so we were offered Riviera, Beach Club, or Old Key West. We originally booked an ASMu family suite in early April, that got cancelled and we upgraded to an AoA suite in June. That got cancelled, we rebooked to July. Ended up in Riviera...my TA was a miracle worker, and I just need to be patient.

Is anyone that is booked at Jambo house being moved to a different resort since they won't be opening July 10th (confirmed with CM this morning)? We literally just booked July 18-25th this week at Jambo house.

I remain baffled. Three phone calls this week, ridiculous amount of hold time. No free dining because of limitations to menus/restaurant? I get it. POR is closed for our dates? Fine, some resorts staying closed makes sense. CBR being the only option even though we've seen countless others moved to better resorts? That's crappy but we've made our peace with it. Cannot modify dates and keep our discount even though I see others doing so. Cannot add a day to our package even though I see others doing so. Cannot modify anything online because it's a recovery package. Trying everything we can before we just just straight up cancel. Ugh.

I remain baffled. Three phone calls this week, ridiculous amount of hold time. No free dining because of limitations to menus/restaurant? I get it. POR is closed for our dates? Fine, some resorts staying closed makes sense. CBR being the only option even though we've seen countless others moved to better resorts? That's crappy but we've made our peace with it. Cannot modify dates and keep our discount even though I see others doing so. Cannot add a day to our package even though I see others doing so. Cannot modify anything online because it's a recovery package. Trying everything we can before we just just straight up cancel. Ugh.
Sorry for your frustration. The inconsistencies are maddening. The word directly from the Top is that they don't care, although not using those exact words.

After Tuesday morning, a new matrix was put in place that was more strict - no more upgrades unless it was absolutely necessary to. I believe this applies to date modifications as well: if you change your 2020 booking to 2021, you can't keep the discount; if the dates fall within 2020, the Guest Services should be able to keep the Recovery20 offer for you. And as of now, you can't add days because that's another type of modification to your package. I heard you can remove days no problem, but adding makes it an issue.

After Tuesday morning, a new matrix was put in place that was more strict - no more upgrades unless it was absolutely necessary to. I believe this applies to date modifications as well: if you change your 2020 booking to 2021, you can't keep the discount; if the dates fall within 2020, the Guest Services should be able to keep the Recovery20 offer for you. And as of now, you can't add days because that's another type of modification to your package. I heard you can remove days no problem, but adding makes it an issue.
That's how I understand it as well. We are trying to move to later in this year, not 2021.

There are a few reports on here of people being able to add a ticket day to their package. If that's not true, that's totally fine, just frustrating to not have straight across the board answers.

Did you book with DVC points? We rented them for the first time ever and I'm now kicking myself.....very hard.
No, I had a cash stay. I'm sorry but I honestly have no idea how DVC rentals work but I'm sure someone here had a similar situation and can help you out. I think I saw a post somewhere (there's too many to remember!) regarding someone using DVC (rented?? I think) points on a deluxe studio at Jambo and they were "given the point-difference" to be moved to a 1 bedroom at Kidani for the inconvenience. Again, I'm not 100% sure that person used rented points though.

That's how I understand it as well. We are trying to move to later in this year, not 2021.

There are a few reports on here of people being able to add a ticket day to their package. If that's not true, that's totally fine, just frustrating to not have straight across the board answers.
Totally understandable! I hope that GS can help you out, I'm sure they can work something out with you. If your dates aren't coming up quick, I would wait until the phone lines clear up to call and ask to be transferred if the first CM can't help.

For days Ive lurked through the boards reading everyones stories about their resort changes. The gambler in me said to wait it out. I vowed that i wouldn't spend my time hours on hold. lol
Our reservations are for Sept 4-7 at the Grand Destino Tower - Club Level.

Some other things happened in life yesterday and I worked myself up into calling last night. Around 6:30pm and only being on hold for about 15 mins Katie answered the phone and assured she could help. First she offered Fort Wilderness or Caribbean. I politely asked if those were comparable to Club Level, which i knew they weren't, and she said that i was correct and then offered me my choice of Beach Club,Contemporary or Polynesian.
I chose Poly and she moved us to a Lagoon View-Club Level with no extra charge. I politely again asked about Club Level, as Disney is saying at this time there will be none. She stated that things are changing daily and if they weren't offering it otherwise in September that Disney would comp me.

I left the call happy as a lark as we wouldn't have otherwise stayed at the Polynesian for the cost vs how much we're in the room. :)

Great turnout for you! We had a standard room in GDT and got a room in Kidani village which I more than happy with. Its nice seeing they gave you the option BC, CR or Poly since you had the CL access as well.

Some CMs have been more reasonable with moving GDT guests to deluxe accomodations than others. Just have to be polite but firm. I wasnt demanding or directly requesting an upgrade but there really is no comparable option for GDT guests in the moderate category...its kind of why we all booked it to begin with. :D

I’m confused how firm this matrix is. I know FW cabins are technically moderate, but why are people at POR and POFQ being upgraded to Contemporary when there is another “moderate resort“ open? I had a fifth sleeper at CBR and was moved to FW and would have preferred CR or a DVC studio over the cabins. It’s giving me hope that there are moderates being upgraded to deluxes for my dates (mid-late July). I’m thinking of calling and saying that I feel the cabins are a downgrade (to me they are...massive resort, no skyliner, not really themed), but I’m worried they won’t budge bc it’s a “moderate”.

I’m confused how firm this matrix is. I know FW cabins are technically moderate, but why are people at POR and POFQ being upgraded to Contemporary when there is another “moderate resort“ open? I had a fifth sleeper at CBR and was moved to FW and would have preferred CR or a DVC studio over the cabins. It’s giving me hope that there are moderates being upgraded to deluxes for my dates (mid-late July). I’m thinking of calling and saying that I feel the cabins are a downgrade (to me they are...massive resort, no skyliner, not really themed), but I’m worried they won’t budge bc it’s a “moderate”.
Sounds like the matrix came two days after people started calling. The ones who got an upgrade were the first to call before the guidelines came out, I'm sure it also depends on availability for your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter