Resort Change by Disney

Pop is definitely an upgrade from All Stars. All of the rooms have been refurbished, the Skyliner is a definite perk. The food is typical Food Court fare. You are walking distance to Art of Animation (and their fabulous quick service). I think with the lowered capacity (resorts, as well as parks), buses should be ok.

Thank you! It doesn't look like an upgrade from All-Stars and looks older, but then again, you guys are right about the Skyliner. We're only going to the parks for 3 days, and one of those days I reserved Hollywood Studios and one day at Epcot, so the Skyliner will be really nice if it's running. Wow, we'll only be using the buses then for one day, our Magic Kingdom day! That's crazy to me. I don't mind the Disney buses when they're on time, but it sounds like the Skyliner usually has no wait. That'll make it really nice for taking breaks if we want. Plus, we'll have our own little pod for social distancing! That is a really nice perk. OK, maybe this won't be so bad. I feel silly feeling so disappointed.

Thank you! It doesn't look like an upgrade from All-Stars and looks older, but then again, you guys are right about the Skyliner. We're only going to the parks for 3 days, and one of those days I reserved Hollywood Studios and one day at Epcot, so the Skyliner will be really nice if it's running. Wow, we'll only be using the buses then for one day, our Magic Kingdom day! That's crazy to me. I don't mind the Disney buses when they're on time, but it sounds like the Skyliner usually has no wait. That'll make it really nice for taking breaks if we want. Plus, we'll have our own little pod for social distancing! That is a really nice perk. OK, maybe this won't be so bad. I feel silly feeling so disappointed.
We don’t know the protocol for Skyliners yet. Obviously there will be less guests and that will help, but if they need to disinfect them after each party, that will take out some capacity.

I have an update!

We were originally scheduled for a preferred room at All-Star Movies. My TA called and tried to get us switched to Art of Animation. I was kind of hoping we'd end up with a suite! However, she found out that Disney's policy right now is to book everyone from the All-Stars to Pop unless there is no more room at Pop. Only then can people get moved to Art of Animation. So, we're officially switched to a preferred room at Pop!

I was hoping someone would be able & willing to talk up Pop Century. I want to get excited for it because, honestly, I'm disappointed. It's the biggest resort, I've heard they have the worst food and terrible buses, and the theme doesn't excite me. We don't mind value resorts and enjoyed All-Star Movies in the past and loved the Toy Story theme and the Fantasia pool.
I've eaten at both Pop and AoA and wouldn't say the food at either is consistently better than the other. I really enjoy the pot roast at Pop. Eating at AoA was nicer in that they used real plates and flatware instead of paper plates and plasticware, but the food was comparable. With COVID-19, AoA might wind up switching to the disposable stuff this year, eliminating that advantage. If you get a 60s room at Pop, the walk to AoA's dining room would be about the same length as from the LM rooms at AoA.

I have an update!

We were originally scheduled for a preferred room at All-Star Movies. My TA called and tried to get us switched to Art of Animation. I was kind of hoping we'd end up with a suite! However, she found out that Disney's policy right now is to book everyone from the All-Stars to Pop unless there is no more room at Pop. Only then can people get moved to Art of Animation. So, we're officially switched to a preferred room at Pop!

I was hoping someone would be able & willing to talk up Pop Century. I want to get excited for it because, honestly, I'm disappointed. It's the biggest resort, I've heard they have the worst food and terrible buses, and the theme doesn't excite me. We don't mind value resorts and enjoyed All-Star Movies in the past and loved the Toy Story theme and the Fantasia pool.

We love Pop and it's typically our go-to resort. The rooms are all nicely refurbished, the skyliner is a HUGE perk, and we've never found the bus situation to be terrible. Because it's so large, the buses come more consistently than some other resorts. Depending on your room, you can also hop on an AoA bus if one arrives first. The food isn't terrible, and the AoA food court is an easy walk if you're in the 50s or 60s section. We've never stayed preferred, but with some strategic room requests you can be an easy walk to either Pop's main hall or AoA's main hall.

Has anyone been able to upgrade at a cost? We were moved to a studio and I would love a one bedroom if the price was reasonable.

Don’t be disappointed! It’s one of our favourite resorts and we’ve stayed at all resort levels. I’d choose it over most moderates and even some deluxe resorts. :)

It’s big in terms of capacity but it’s well laid out compared to many resorts. There are four floors in each building and even the furthest rooms aren’t too far from the main building/pool in comparison to many other resorts and since you’re in a preferred now.....no issues with size.

We think the quick service and buses are the best!!!! And the theming is fun! Now, moving forward, who knows what the quick service and bus service will look like at any of the resorts once things start to open, but because there are usually more people at Pop then anywhere else, they’ll get more buses, at least at MK and AK and a variety of food choices.

Have fun! :thumbsup2

I have an update!

I love Pop! Lately we have been staying at All Stars because Pop has been getting more and more expensive. I think size wise it's not bad because certain areas you can just cut through the parking lot to get to the buses. So, the walking is not too bad. The buses don't share as sometimes the All Stars do. I haven't been in awhile, but I much preferred the food at Pop. It's for sure an upgrade to me.

decided to move this September to next September. I was at WL and asked TA to book that of possible. She said it wasn’t available next year and couldn’t book one of the DVC there yet since it needs to be 11 months out . Somehow she was able to get price protection even though I moved to next year and now have CR garden wing standard view from WL standard view. She didn’t get it finalized until @ 9 pm Friday night . We started discussing it last Saturday . Follow up email on Wednesday then finalized Friday evening. I was thankful she did all the hard work getting it worked out and getting the price protection even though I changed dates .

I got a HUGE upgrade today!! We were originally at ASSp July 8-22.
I was actually able to get it changed when they were only supposed to be dealing with check out dates before opening. At that time they changed us to SSR deluxe studio.
I wasn’t crazy about 2 14 year olds sleeping on the pull out couch. I called back a couple of times, but was told there was nothing else open.
I thought I would give it one more shot today. Got through right away. CM tried to help, but had to transfer me to GS. It was only about a 15 minute wait.
The best CM was on and mentioned FW cabins, but said he didn’t want to downgrade us. Then he mentioned CR but said it didn’t open until the 10th. I said what if we Chang check in date to the 10th. He said there was garden wing garden view available for our stay at no charge. I snagged it up as quickly as I could!
We probably should have been moved to pop since it opens the same day, but who I’m I to complain! We are super stoked for our stay!!

DVC is most likely full for December. They can't just move you to a DVC room that isn't there. They only have so many rooms they keep for inventory and December is extremely popular for DVC often filling up at 11 months out.

I could have gone online and changed to a 1bdrm villa at either CCV or BRV if I’d wanted to pay rack rate for them. I checked while on hold and there was availability for our dates at both locations. There is still availability now when I look. So I’m not sure availability explains it.

I didn't use a TA so I had to call on my own. Was switched from ASMo preferred room to an AoA suite. I was given the option of Pop or AoA, chose AoA (staying at Pop in November hopefully and wanted something different).

The CM asked if I had a preference of Little Mermaid, Cars, Lion King or Nemo. I told her I just want to be close to food and transportation so she put us in Nemo. This was last Tuesday so maybe things did change 😞

I just read today that the skyliner will be running. I can’t remember where I read it so it might not be true. I seen on a video they have been running the skyliners lately for maintenance. So maybe they are getting them ready. I hope so because we will be at CBR.

I didn't use a TA so I had to call on my own. Was switched from ASMo preferred room to an AoA suite. I was given the option of Pop or AoA, chose AoA (staying at Pop in November hopefully and wanted something different).

The CM asked if I had a preference of Little Mermaid, Cars, Lion King or Nemo. I told her I just want to be close to food and transportation so she put us in Nemo. This was last Tuesday so maybe things did change 😞
I think that’s a good trade if you are in a suite. I looked for a price on them before they closed Disney and they were 400.00 something a night.

Has anyone been able to upgrade at a cost? We were moved to a studio and I would love a one bedroom if the price was reasonable.

I did, but it was the only choice I was given. Had BWI garden room for 7/18-21 at the Sun & Fun rate. They moved me to a 1 bedroom standard at BWV for an additional $400 total :( They said no studios at BC or BWV. I could have tried OKW or SSR I suppose, but my husband was willing to pay the extra to stay at BWV. We will already be there in a studio, so moving within the same resort is easier.

I did, but it was the only choice I was given. Had BWI garden room for 7/18-21 at the Sun & Fun rate. They moved me to a 1 bedroom standard at BWV for an additional $400 total :( They said no studios at BC or BWV. I could have tried OKW or SSR I suppose, but my husband was willing to pay the extra to stay at BWV. We will already be there in a studio, so moving within the same resort is easier.
I would gladly pay 400.00. At the time I was just so happy somebody answered I didn’t ask.

I know there are hundreds of pages in this thread now, but there have been many people who paid to upgrade because they were able to keep their room discounts, whether it'd be Fun & Sun or the Recovery20 offer. Especially when CM's got more strict with lateral moves only, a lot of people chose to upgrade at a cost while keeping their discounts. There were even a few that were fine with paying the difference for rack rate.

I have an update!

I’ve stayed at pop century and all stars a few times. Love both but if there’s no price difference would chooses pop every time! It’s a great resort. Especially now the rooms have been refurbished The buses are fab we have never had a problem and there’s the added bonus that if an art of animation bus comes first you can hop on that and walk across. and there’s the skyliner now too! The food court I’d say is fairly similar to all stars, but you do have the option of walking over the bridge to the food court at art of animation also! Gives a little bit of variety and their food does seem to be the best of the values. I’m not travelling till feb but if they switched me from all star music to pop century I’d be a very happy lady!!!

I think some have had success doing so, I did not have any success when I asked to purchase a 2 bedroom villa instead of the 2 studios we have at Riveria the weekend of the 4th. It may be because of capacity, but I know the CM in guest services tried for a good 10 mins to see what she could do, but no luck for us.

I got a response saying they couldn't help me get moved from a closed resort to an open one and that I would have to call three days after I sent it. I had already called by that time to get our reservation moved, but maybe you would have better luck with them being able to help you, but I think you might save some time by calling first.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I have called multiple times. Was promised a callback by Friday night and haven’t received one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter