Resort Package Delivery - Will it ever come back?

We used it a ton in 2017 to delivery to our resort and I know we used it over at Universal as far as delivery to the front of the park in 2017.

It would be nice to at least have it where you could pick up your purchases at a designated spot in the parks again even if they don't do it to the individual resorts. My interest in carrying around stuff is just not there and I don't want to stuff our park bag full of things especially breakable things.

i would love them to bring it back in 23 days lol since that is when we are there next lol

we use this service soo much in the past since we are big shoppers. we would jus go down to the gift shop it pick up our packages a few days after we bought them

I'm not allowed to offer my opinion on something on a discussion board? That's an odd take
Well that's predictable to come back with that because we def. know that's not actually what I was saying :)

As far as opinion I mean it's an opinion I guess sorta maybe but an odd one to choose to post with the thread being about package resort pick up and missing it. I'm guessing you can get what I'm getting at. If not no worries.

I definitely loved it and wish they would bring it back. Last trip, I did most of my shopping in the resort gift shop instead.
We ended up shopping at World of Disney a lot though I couldn't find much to my liking. I did some perusing in the parks but really didn't want to carry around bags or get a locker.

I was thinking back to our DL trip when I got a it's a small world mug that was only sold outside of the ride not outside the park itself and I thought to myself I'll just look elsewhere for it but couldn't find it. Luckily my friend was there the next day and could get it and take it back with him to where we live. That's a situation where I could see the pickup like it worked before being really nice as you could just buy it and either pick it up at the one location or have it sent to the resort if you were on site.

Well that's predictable to come back with that because we def. know that's not actually what I was saying :)

As far as opinion I mean it's an opinion I guess sorta maybe but an odd one to choose to post with the thread being about package resort pick up and missing it. I'm guessing you can get what I'm getting at. If not no worries.
Lol, also a predictable response. OP asked how people felt about it being gone, I gave my opinion about it being gone. Not sure what is odd about that. Not every comment in a thread has to agree with the OP.

Lol, also a predictable response. OP asked how people felt about it being gone, I gave my opinion about it being gone. Not sure what is odd about that. Not every comment in a thread has to agree with the OP.
Not everyone has to comment on a thread period :)

No worries, it's water under the bridge, that was yesterday, this is today so enjoy it!

Can't share my opinion on things unless they fit your idea of a worthwhile opinion, got it.
If you haven't used a product it stands to reason you likely won't miss it. Yes I found it odd to opt to post just to say say you didn't use it, didn't see the reason to use it so no you don't miss it on a thread discussing someone missing it. Not sure why you're getting stuck on sharing an opinion part, you're welcome to share, just as I am to say I thought it was odd for this thread. Not at all about agreeing with the OP. If you had used resort pick up def. could see the discussion going on that with pros and cons but to have said you didn't use it didn't see the need well okay got it :) but not quite at all about agreeing vs not agreeing with the OP. Like I said water under the bridge, enjoy the day and keep those laughing emojis coming! I've got some Christmas stuff to do now pulling my attention away.

If you haven't used a product it stands to reason you likely won't miss it. Yes I found it odd to opt to post just to say say you didn't use it, didn't see the reason to use it so no you don't miss it on a thread discussing someone missing it. Not sure why you're getting stuck on sharing an opinion part, you're welcome to share, just as I am to say I thought it was odd for this thread. Not at all about agreeing with the OP. If you had used resort pick up def. could see the discussion going on that with pros and cons but to have said you didn't use it didn't see the need well okay got it :) but not quite at all about agreeing vs not agreeing with the OP. Like I said water under the bridge, enjoy the day and keep those laughing emojis coming! I've got some Christmas stuff to do now pulling my attention away.
From the original post: How do others feel about the absence of this service?

@luv2cheer92 was answering that question. That you think that's odd is . . . odd.

Toodles.

From the original post: How do others feel about the absence of this service?

@luv2cheer92 was answering that question. That you think that's odd is . . . odd.

Toodles.
Thank you for your wonderful contribution! Now if only I could have help for lugging these Christmas tubs up from the basement :rolleyes1 alas I'll do it myself. Toodles!

I miss this so much!
It was an awesome perk and I’m shocked that they haven’t reinstated it. I think it was genius - let guests spend money, take the purchase from them because they don’t have to carry it, then they’ll spend more money and around and around it goes. Then the customer leaves with a ridiculous amount of merchandise. (The people I’m describing was once us :lmao: ). ETA…it was really nice when you stayed concierge - they put the packages in your room instead of the resort gift shop.

Now, my DD20 and I rope drop the stores when they are nice an empty, take pictures of what we want and then go back for the merch right before closing so we don’t have to carry packages for very long.

I'd love to see it reinstated. Even if it's for Deluxe only, or whatever. It was so easy! I fondly remember, way back, you'd return to the resort and your packages were in your room. Later it changed to pick up at resort gift shop (heck I'd even take that option!)
Why only for Deluxe? Sorry, but it seems that Deluxe gets many of the perks already. Just because most of us choose not to stay in a Deluxe resort does not mean we don't want these kinds of perks. Not trying to start anything. But it seems like Disney is trying to get everyone for every nickel we have and they don't need any ideas! LOL

I really miss the service! Used it dozens of times. Our last trip has me wondering more about this though.

For the first time ever we mailed an in-park purchase home. The pros were not having to carry around the park and insurance. That second part helped justify some of the $12.95 cost - at least we did not have to worry about items breaking in our luggage.

But it got me thinking if there’s a price I’d be willing to pay for the resort package delivery. $2? $3? $5?

If paying was the only way to get purchase sent back to resort, would you and how much?

Unfortunately, the absence of this service hasn't changed my shopping habit. Yes, it was a pain to lug several Small World music boxes during our last trip, but I wasn't going to entrust these fragile beauties to a third party even if they were available.
20231212_180211.jpg

We stayed offsite and knowing we couldn't utilize the resort delivery, we just had our purchases mailed home. When we discovered they had discontinued the service we still just had everything mailed home.

Obviously, it's not free to mail items home, so we are strategic in our purchases. If we want a shirt that is only found at a ride gift shop, we will purchase the shirt and put it in our backpack or sling bag. We would them drop that item off during an afternoon break from the parks.

If we want several items that are found in multiple locations, we will make the purchase at The Emporium or other large stores in each of the parks and have the purchases mailed home.

Breakable items are always mailed home because Disney will replace them if they're damaged in the shipping. They will not always replace items damaged when you take them on the plane.

Just throwing this out there as a suggestion if there is something you really want but don't want to lug around the parks.

I really miss the service! Used it dozens of times. Our last trip has me wondering more about this though.

For the first time ever we mailed an in-park purchase home. The pros were not having to carry around the park and insurance. That second part helped justify some of the $12.95 cost - at least we did not have to worry about items breaking in our luggage.

But it got me thinking if there’s a price I’d be willing to pay for the resort package delivery. $2? $3? $5?

If paying was the only way to get purchase sent back to resort, would you and how much?
I know in the past (not sure if still true) that if you shipped home there was no sales tax, a bit of an offset. I shipped this item back 20 years or more ago, did not want to chance my breaking it.

1704903027388.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter