Resort reservation swapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsp99

Earning My Ears
How/where would one post to organize a swap of reservations/resorts with other members. For example i have a set of reservations (a set of contiguous 1-3 night reservations) at [redacted by me] during a peak period. I would love to resort hop to somewhere else, but everywhere was booked well before the 7mo. window opened. How would I find someone else who might want to swap some nights during the same period?

I don't think a coordinated cancel and rebook would work as the rooms could be picked up by somebody else or a waitlist request, so it probably needs to be something more like changing the reservation holder for those nights.

The rental forum has strict rules on booked reservations, and I am not trying to sell the reservation.

I am trying to be vague so this post isn't blocked as a solicitation.

I deleted some details of your post to keep it general.

As you know, we don’t allow people to offer confirmed reservations in that manner. Plus, you can’t really swap, but simply each become a renter of the other owners trip.

The best you can do is offer thrm as a confirmed rental via a broker and then turn around and try to rent a reservation you want. There could be other sites around as well that have an open policy.

I am going to lock down the thread to ensure no one sees it as an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter