Resort stay only … fave things to do?

wdwlvr94

Earning My Ears
Staying at AKL Kidani for a few nights pre-cruise next month. Any recommendations for things to do?
I know we will visit Disney Springs and hopefully a monorail hop! Thanks so much!

Well you definitely picked the best resort only stay with AK. If you’ve never been to Boma, I would definitely include that for a meal. As PP said, mini golf is an option. You can always hop off monorail at MK and boat over to Ft. Wilderness.

Reserve some nice meals - Flying Fish, Jiko, Il Mulino, Shula's, Bluezoo, and Wine Bar George are some of my favorites.

Bring a book or TV show to read/watch at a comfy spot around the resort.

One thing I think is overrated - watching fireworks from resorts. The views aren't actually that good.

If you have kids, check out the kids club at AKL which has a variety of crafts at low price points, plus the String of Memories activities (nine or so fun & educational interactive sessions around the property, from Flamingo Behavior to Animal Enrichment to African music). We spent a better part of two afternoons at AKL doing these activities on our resort stay last year.
You could also visit Ft. Wilderness (tip: take the boat from MK to avoid the inner resort bus system) and visit the Tri-Circle D ranch and view the horses.

We generally do resort only stays. We hang at the pool, play tennis or pickleball, read a lot, go out to dinner at night. The parks have little interest for me anymore.

Cirque du Soleil at Disney Springs.
Sangria University at Coronado Springs.
Ride the Skyliner (you can park at Disney Studios and hop on there), get lunch/adult beverages at one of the resorts on the Skyliner line.
Try to get into Trader Sam's. We have never been able to get in, but it's because we are always do park trips. This summer, DD and I are staying at the Poly, no park tickets, so we hope to be able to get a seat at Trader Sam's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter