Resort to Resort Transportation

Would you use the proposed Resort to Resort Transportation?

• Yes, I think it's a great idea. (Any comments?)

• I'm not sure. I think it needs some more tweaking first. (List any problems, or suggestions)

• Nah, things work fine for me now. (List reasons why)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chip 'n Dale Express

Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o
Okay folks... I'm just curious about something. This is just something that I was thinking of. I'm a transit freak :crazy: This is what I do for fun, in my spare time... LOL...

I know Resort to Resort transportation is not exaclty convenient, with having to switch here and there, especially with Downtown Disney being congested as it is.

What I am thinking of, is a few designated Resort Loop busses. The busses would run during the evening, on the hour, and cover areas. (They might not run on the :00 mark... but approx once an hour... maybe every 45 mins... there would be set times that the bus would arrive, so that you're not aimlessly waiting)

"Areas" would be the following (might be tweaked)

MK Resorts = FW, WL, Co, Po, GF
Epcot Resorts = Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, & Boardwalk
DAK Resorts = All Stars, AK Lodge
Studios Resorts = Caribbean, Coronado
DTD Resorts = Port Orleans (RS & FQ), Old Key West

Busses would pick up at the MK Resorts for the Epcot Resorts... and then would go pick up at the Epcot Resorts, and drop off for the MK Resorts. And back and forth. This would provide direct Resort to Resort transportation during peak dinner hours with no transfers. It would require 10 routes... Not sure how many busses, that would depend on frequency, breaks, and demand. Run it from like 5:00pm-11:00pm... This would help out greatly to alleviate congestion from Downtown Disney.

The Downside to this, is that the busses would be on set schedules. So, in the chance that a bus might fill up, not sure how that would work. With actually guest traffic flow data, and proper planning, Im sure it could be worked around and figured out how to divert units to proper locations. Another downside is that the busses would be stopping at all the resorts in its location. For example, MK Resorts, the bus would travel to Fort Wilderness (Settlement Depot), and then onto Wilderness Lodge, then Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian. It's really not as bad as one might think... and it does avoid the transfer.

At any rate... Vote on the poll, and give me feedback. Ideas, suggestions, constructive critisizm, whatnot. :)

DISCLAIMER: I am conducting this poll for my own personal curiosity. My proposed transportation routes are simply an idea that I created. Disney currently has no plans that I know of to do such a thing. Once again, this is just something I am curious about. Results and/or feedback may or may not be passed on to Disney Transport management, if I decide to pitch the idea to the Constant Improvement Process committee.

I voted that things work fine for me. I may not be an accurate sample, however, as we always rent a car and only rarely use Disney transportation from our resort (OKW) to MK. We drive EVERYWHERE else..

It sounds like a great idea. But only if it doesn't affect the buses to/from the parks and resorts. In your plan, they would run in the evening which would mean additional busses.

Are there less buses operating during the day? If so, I would suggest doing resort/resort with the extra buses. We like to resort hop. Especially during the day. AND, if this does come to pass, my suggestion would be that the resort/resort busses would only go to the main entrance of the resort.

Ed

I would use resort to resort transportation and like your idea.

However, a higher priority for me would be to have separate buses serving the BC, YC, Swan, Dolphin & BWB/BWI. It seems to take forever to get to the BWV with all those other stops and sometimes the bus is already full when it gets to the BWV to go to AK or MK.

It sounds like a good idea, but for us we always fly down and rent a car for our stay at OKW.When we go resort hopping we always use our car.:D BUt we occasionally use the busses for the parks.

I think this would be very beneficial for the resort restaurants.
A set schedule would not bother me in the least. I would prefer that. At least if you know a bus runs every half hour (for example), you know you have time to kill or have to hurry to make it.

Things are fine for us. We almost always rent a car and when we do not, we allow plenty of time to resort hop. More buses + more drivers=higher costs.

i really like this idea Chip 'n Dale. i enjoy visiting the other resorts and choose at least a couple to have meals at each trip. i rely on disney transportation my whole trip and have found it great but it is harder to travel resort to resort.

katypop:D

I would love it! It would solve my getting back to AKL from the Hoop Dee Doo....it'll be late, dark, confusing and scary otherwise.:(

I think you have a good idea, BUT I voted no. Knowing DIsney, if they did this, they would cut back on buses somewhere else. I'd rather have the buses that I would use frequently(park buses) available without long waits or having to stand in line for buses since they are all full. In a perfect world, it would be nice to have direct transporatation to everywhere, but that won't happen.

I think this could be a great idea if it's planned right. I personally don't like putting my life in the hands and schedules of others. We always rent a car because I need my space and when I want to go somewhere, I don't want to have to wait for anyone but my own party.

But if this could be scheduled and kept to the schedule, it could be a neat alternative, especially for dinner at resort restaurants.

I voted that things work fine. We rely completely on Disney transportation, even though we drive to WDW and have our car, and it works fine for us now. We just plan to resort hop when we're coming or going from main parks. For example, we eat at Epcot resorts when we're in MGM so that we can walk or ride the boat.

I have always thought that it might be nice if there was a resort bus in the evenings that did loops so that people could look around at different resorts and try food at some of them. But in that case, it would really need to be resorts that are hard to get to from other resorts. Like a bus that went from the Polynesian to YC/BC, or something like that. In the example of your MK loop, those resorts are easy to hop between. You just get on the monorail, or for FW and WL, get on a boat at MK or CR. In my plan, on certain nights of the week there would be a loop that included about half of the resorts, and then the other half would be on the other night. It would be really great if the resorts would provide food from their full service restaurants at stands, sort of like the Food and Wine Festival, on those nights so that you could try things at a variety of resorts. Making it easy for people to spend money would off-set some of the costs.

Maybe not for all resorts at all times - but there needs to be a better way to get to and from the Boardwalk at night. It's a great night spot - so there should be something more convenient than going all the way to DTD for a transfer.

I agree with DVC-Leroy. There needs to be a better way to get to the Boardwalk (then ultimately easier to get to YC/BC). My favorite thing about Coronado Springs was the direct bus to the Boardwalk. I was sad when I found out that it was discontinued.

Anything to avoid DD!

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter