Resort towns filling up during Coronavirus with Second HomeOwners?

Looking forward to relocating to my second home again in a couple days. It is my home, and it is a much better place to be during lockdown. More fresh air, more ways to occupy ourselves. If you had a second home you would probably feel differently!

I would agree, it's probably better to be at the second home, but why aren't you already there and staying in one place? People are still acting like they found out this was going to be a thing yesterday.

Not really sure what you mean by that? Just because I don’t choose to live in a bleep-hole of a city (that I felt I needed to escape to survive a pandemic)I can’t have and enjoy a second home?

Again with the assumptions.
I live in surburbia.
I know several people who have second properties, some even down on the Jersey shore where I guess most people assume it's 2nd owners from NYC.
Not a single one of them live in a bleep-hole city. :laughing:

I live in surburbia.
I know several people who have second properties, some even down on the Jersey shore where I guess most people assume it's 2nd owners from NYC.
Omg. Enough with the bickering.

I guess that depends on how one interprets "only go out when necessary".
I haven't seen a single thing here restricting any travel or even going out. Like I said, state parks are open, fishing season begins and there was no notice stating it was going to be postponed when I renewed our licenses the other day.
Plenty of encouragement to "get outdoors".
Our Governor just recently threatened to sue another state not allowing "us" to go there.
I guess that kind of sends mixed messages to the NYers fleeing for their coastal homes in other states.
Does stay in place mean we can't leave at all, if it does then wouldn't our Governor be supportive of another state not allowing us in?

Maybe I do see it differently than you because my 2nd property is pretty remote, on a private road up a mountain. We are more isolated there than we are here.
I do not have any reason to go anywhere else when I'm there. In fact that is the reason we bought it in the first place- to get away from people ;)

I really don’t have a problem with going to an isolated second home such as you described. The ones I’m referencing are staying on top of each other in condominiums, beach houses that are car width apart, and RV parks. I wish our governor would do better, she’s an embarrassment. I have suspicions of your governors reasons but they’ll get me points.

I live in surburbia.
I was responding to another poster that made an assumption about me.

I would agree, it's probably better to be at the second home, but why aren't you already there and staying in one place? People are still acting like they found out this was going to be a thing yesterday.

Why am I not there already? Because I came back to reality to work three shifts (nurse). I also needed groceries, since people are saying we shouldn't deplete the stock of the year round folks at our second home. Trust me, I know all about this thing that is going on. My job doesn't let me forget that. If this thing takes me down I'd rather enjoy some of my last days and not get stuck in suburbia looking at cement. Grateful for the second address!

Why am I not there already? Because I came back to reality to work three shifts (nurse). I also needed groceries, since people are saying we shouldn't deplete the stock of the year round folks at our second home. Trust me, I know all about this thing that is going on. My job doesn't let me forget that. If this thing takes me down I'd rather enjoy some of my last days and not get stuck in suburbia looking at cement. Grateful for the second address!

Yeesh.

I would want to be with my family during scary times like this too. What if she gets ill and there is nobody to look out for her? I would assume anybody who is traveling across country right now is someone that NEEDS to be with their family, for one reason or another. Everyone has different support systems. You can't judge unless you know all their business. To me the stay in place orders are meant to keep people from congregating in public and just exposing themselves uneccessarily. Getting in my car and traveling HOME doesn't seem like the worst thing people are doing right now.

But if you were exposed and have not yet developed symptoms, you can be introducing the virus to the area your're going to and to your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter