Resort towns filling up during Coronavirus with Second HomeOwners?

Can't blame him. If it was reasonably warm enough to sit out on the patio for any length of time I'm sure my daughter would take her class reading outside here. I'd be eating lunch out there too.

The sun finally came out here, so I'm hoping to finally get out deck furniture out of winter storage (under our deck). Of course, it's still only like 45 out, but hey, it's a start!

The sun finally came out here, so I'm hoping to finally get out deck furniture out of winter storage (under our deck). Of course, it's still only like 45 out, but hey, it's a start!

Sunny here today, and dry, for the last time until next week according to the weather report. DH and I are heading out for the very first time tonight to walk in an open park. Just a walk outdoors. No socializing, no interaction with others beyond a wave or a nod, no touching anything outdoors.

closing the bridges to the wildwoods at the jersey shore was discussed but they decided against it.

I think people should be allowed to go to their vacation homes (they do own it and pay taxes), but need to quarantine for at least 14 days and be really careful. If it were me, I’d fill up on gas and buy groceries locally, drive to the vacation home, and then not leave for at least 14 days.

I’m in the NYC area and it’s tough for people to stay in their apartments for so long, especially those with kids. I was fortunate to temporarily move in with my parents (after quarantining myself for two weeks in my apartment following the start of my work from home) and then driving there (so no public transportation).

I’ve been working from home for three weeks and have only left twice to go grocery shopping. I don’t plan on doing any more shopping for at least another month.

I think people should be allowed to go to their vacation homes (they do own it and pay taxes), but need to quarantine for at least 14 days and be really careful. If it were me, I’d fill up on gas and buy groceries locally and then not leave the vacation home for at least 14 days.

I’m in the NYC area and it’s tough for people to stay in their apartments for so long, especially those with kids. I was fortunate to temporarily move in with my parents (after quarantining myself for two weeks in my apartment following the start of my work from home) and then driving there (so no public transportation).

I’ve been working from home for three weeks and have only left twice to go grocery shopping. I don’t plan on doing any more shopping for at least another month.
The towns in South County Rhode Island are doing this. Most of the second homes are owned primarily by people from the tristate area. Hopefully, people will self quarantine. It is the right thing to do.

Overwhelming small local hospitals and spreading it around if they go to the supermarket, etc..

Yes.

The jersey shore has small hospitals that can’t handle a huge influx of patients. They transfer a lot of their sickest people to my hospital system and there’s been talk that we may soon stop taking transfers.

They also tend to have larger populations of elderly,

Failure of governors to recognize that if folks horde TP, they are going to travel to vacation spots. Such is what happened in Oregon, when thousands of folks left the valley to the Pacific Ocean, why the governor didn't see that coming. The small coastal roads should have been blocked, there are 5- 7 for the whole coast. Only folks with address should have been allowed, including folks who own vacation homes on the coast. They are going to stay inside anyhow and the beach spacing would be fine. If hosptialaztion was needed in oregon, then medical needs to send back to the primary city. As for spreading the virus, most folks living on the coast are going to stay home anyhow with the wind and knowing that coast would be crushed with spring break drivers.

That is a tough one.

I understand people wanting to go to their second home, and naturally it is their right to go.

However, I worry. I worry because you know darn well someone will say they will quarantine for 14 days once they get there but not follow through. Day 5 and they realize oh, we don't have such-and-such, so they make a quick run to the store. And low and behold they had corona and spread it. Such a slippery slope.

where we live it's not uncommon for people to only stay during the spring and summer months then head with their rv's down to arizona. i've noticed that fewer appear to be returning at this point (we are under a stay home order so that may be playing into it-and they would find that restocking their groceries and such would be difficult at best).

Overwhelming small local hospitals and spreading it around if they go to the supermarket, etc..
The hospital concern is 100% legit. But the other concern - if everyone is following the rules then no one can catch this from them, even if they are infected. We wipe down everything that we bring home. We assume someone who has this has touched everything. We don't go within 6 feet of anyone, including in the supermarket - and we tend to make it even further apart than that.

I live in a small rural area of California that gets a lot of tourists. So far it seems that all of the vacation homes are full. These second home folks are buying out our grocery stores to the point where some stores are requiring an ID with a local address on it in order to shop. We only have 31 hospital beds in this county so if they start getting sick...

I mean, yeah it's technically their home and they're entitled to use it but at what cost?

I live in a small rural area of California that gets a lot of tourists. So far it seems that all of the vacation homes are full. These second home folks are buying out our grocery stores to the point where some stores are requiring an ID with a local address on it in order to shop. We only have 31 hospital beds in this county so if they start getting sick...

I mean, yeah it's technically their home and they're entitled to use it but at what cost?

Owning property, having an address and paying taxes there means that those 31 beds are for their use just as much as yours, even in times like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter