restaurant

draw

Mouseketeer
When at mgm which is a better restaurant to a 5 and 7 year old boy 50's cafe or sci fi cafe thanks

Sci Fi shows clips of old Black and White "horror" movies on the big screen and it is somewhat dark. If your children are sensitive to this, 50's Prime Time may be a better choice.

Just back from WDW. We ate lunch at the 50's cafe with my 5 year old daughter and 9 year old nephew, she got a kick out of "uncle tommy". The drinks with light up ice cubes are cute. They liked the viewmasters on the tables that had the pictures of the desserts in them. My nephew got a little upset at first when uncle tommy told him that mom doesn't let you wear hats at the table. We then told him it's part of the show, and he liked it. We had the fried chicken - GREAT, pot roast - GREAT, my daughter had the mac and cheese - she liked it. My wife and I shared the grasshopper shake for dessert, when you are watching two kids, it was a nice little pick me up, ohh and it was strong. Uncle Tommy was fantastic. While we were waitinng, we heard people asking for specific servers. I didn't know you could do that. My wife, my mother, and I got a kick out of the decorations. Hope this helps.

I love 50's Prime Time Cafe and it's become a must-do, more for the atmosphere than the food (not that the food is bad, either). Last visit my DH got in trouble for wearing his hat and another visit I guess I was misbehaving and had to sing "I'm a Little Teapot" with my "cousin" (another customer). My sister (and my 4yo) are planning on bringing our 81yo mother here in December, but I don't want to let on to my mom what the place is all about. :teeth: Should be fun, but I have a feeling that I'll get in trouble again. :o Fun place!

T&B

My kids both love the sci-fi and neither of them really cares for the 50's prime time. They are ages 5 and 9. They didn't get into the whole "aunt so and so" thing serving dinner. Guess my dd was told one too many times to eat her veggies or something. ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter