Restaurants

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
Any really good/special experience restaurants to recommend on Oahu? We're interested both in those near Aulani and elsewhere as we travel around the island. My kids are 18 and 20, so we are up for anything. Thanks!

DB Grill and Eating House 1849 are the hot restaurants in Kapolei (10 minutes from Ko Olina) right now. I haven't been to Mama's Fish House at the Four Seasons, but their Maui location is widely regarded as one of the best restaurants in Hawaii. If you have a car and are in the Honolulu area, MW and Pig and the Lady are worth taking a look at.

I believe PP is referring to Mina's Fish House at the Four Seasons next door to Aulani. My wife and I ate there last month and it was very good, plus the setting is very nice overlooking the beach (similar to 'Ama'Ama).

But you say you're looking for really good/special experiences so let me recommend something unconventional. As part of our 25th anniversary trip, we splurged on a Sunset Cruise with Mana Cruises (https://www.manacruises.com/) which operates out of the Ko Olina Marina just south of Aulani. The cruise takes place on a luxury catamaran with a maximum of 6 passengers. It is a beautiful, immaculate vessel and the crew of 2 takes really good care of you. Included in the 2.5 hour cruise (5-8:30pm) is a 'tasting menu' (Pupu platter) which is really a full dinner, plus drinks are included. It's not cheap ($200 per person) but it was truly one of the highlights of our trip and totally worth it.

Another suggestion. After our tour of Pearl Harbor we spent an afternoon/evening in Waikiki which included dinner at House Without a Key at the Halekulani Hotel. A wonderful restaurant with unique entertainment -- overlooking Waikiki Beach you are treated to live Hawaiian music with hula dancing by a former Miss Hawaii! We were so fortunate to see the stunningly beautiful Brook Lee (1997 Miss Hawaii, Miss USA & Miss Universe) doing the hula while we enjoyed a wonderful meal. You can make reservations (highly recommended) for 5:30 or 6pm when the live entertainment begins, and be seated 'inside' but overlooking the outside seating, or I believe walk-ins can enjoy outdoor seating even closer to the live entertainment but in chairs around low tables designed for appetizers rather than full dinners.

IMG_0988.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter